Diablo® III

q about MP and q about Infernal Machine

One last benefit of monster power is that all monsters are set to mlvl 63 when playing on monster power 1 or higher. With the change to affix rolls in 1.0.5, this means that any item below ilvl 63 will still roll affixes as if it were an ilvl 63 item.

Does this mean that a lvl 62 rare armor piece can have (besides armor) just as good stats as a lvl 63 rare?

And second, about Infernal Machine.

Can I farm the keys, open the portals with a friend, and we both obtain the organs (assuming the organs drop, or if we are on mp10). Basically if you didn't open the portal, can you get the organs?

Thanks!
Edited by Demo#1212 on 4/8/2013 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
the only difference for weapons = base weapon dps
the only difference for armor = base armor
jewelry = no difference

eg: i61 gloves
http://i.imgur.com/pgl9G.png

i60 ring
http://i.imgur.com/DFzfF.png

infernal machine: anyone can open the portal. anyone with 5 stacks when the bosses is down have a chance to get a key.

I'm not sure what lobby games are though.(i think everyone enters the uber chamber, then carried people leave game and hide in the lobby until the last boss is dead..
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 4/8/2013 9:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So does mean I should be checking all rares that drop in mp1+ games, not just 63 armor/weapons?
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Demo
So does mean I should be checking all rares that drop in mp1+ games, not just 63 armor/weapons?

for me: yes. I auto salvage 2 handers, spirit stones, quivers, shields, sources, mojos,

( and I really ought to auto salvage bracers, shoulders, chests as well..)

the rest I generally id. and salvage

eg: goldfind gear + pickup rad = 500k gold
weapons with 16+ reduced level can possibly sell..

so its a bit of nickel and diming.

--
considering id all is happening, no point not picking up everything.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 4/8/2013 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome thanks for the info.

Now the other question if anybody knows.

Can I farm the keys, open the portals with a friend, and we both obtain the organs (assuming the organs drop, or if we are on mp10). Basically if you didn't open the portal, can you get the organs?
Reply Quote
Reply Quote

Reply Quote
as long as you have 5 stack. yes.

that's how runs are done. the machines are used as a group. each group only needs to spend 3 machines per run (so obviously a 4 man party should each contribute 3 sets of keys for 12 machines/4games)
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 4/9/2013 12:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
as long as you have 5 stack. yes.

that's how runs are done. the machines are used as a group. each group only needs to spend 3 machines per run (so obviously a 4 man party should each contribute 3 sets of keys for 12 machines/4games)

Hmm really? That's pretty cool. So if I farm up enough keys (3/3/3) to make 3 Machines, I can join a run and get enough organs (assuming mp10) for 4 hellfire rings?
Reply Quote

Hmm really? That's pretty cool. So if I farm up enough keys (3/3/3) to make 3 Machines, I can join a run and get enough organs (assuming mp10) for 4 hellfire rings?
Reply Quote
If you'll find a party of people that wil go for 4 runs and will actually give their machines, then yea.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 03:24 AMPosted by AdHoc
If you'll find a party of people that wil go for 4 runs and will actually give their machines, then yea.
What am I more likely to find?
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 03:57 AMPosted by Demo
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 04:54 AMPosted by Demo

04/09/2013 03:24 AMPosted by AdHoc

Reply Quote
you will find exactly what the rewards of running ubers are.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597726

read the infernal machine section
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
One last benefit of monster power is that all monsters are set to mlvl 63 when playing on monster power 1 or higher. With the change to affix rolls in 1.0.5, this means that any item below ilvl 63 will still roll affixes as if it were an ilvl 63 item.

Does this mean that a lvl 62 rare armor piece can have (besides armor) just as good stats as a lvl 63 rare?

Yep, that's what it means. :) As of patch 1.0.5, stat ranges on items are based on the level of the monster that dropped them. For example, if a level 61 monster drops an item level 58 bracer, the random affix stats will roll like an ilvl 61 bracer would. (This applies to Legendary and set items, as well.)

You can learn more here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457

And here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7528695#items

04/08/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Demo
Basically if you didn't open the portal, can you get the organs?

Demonic Organs have a chance to drop if a player has 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor and is otherwise eligible for loot. It doesn't matter who opens the portal to initiate the Infernal Machine event.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Grimiku
For example, if a level 61 monster drops an item level 58 bracer, the random affix stats will roll like an ilvl 61 bracer would. (This applies to Legendary and set items, as well.)

The part about legendaries is not true, I believe. They will always roll according to their level. At least, this has been my experience.
Reply Quote
Same. I feel something fishing going on.

I have never seen a ilvl under 63 roll as good stats as a ilvl63.

Especially legendaries.
Reply Quote
I guess it was an experience that you were never meant to have. Blizzard made a mistake with that abomination that was the house of undying auctions. People should have been playing the game rather than playing an auction simulator. It is good though that you found some enjoyment through actual gameplay
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]