Diablo® III

does itemization include...

transmog-type systems?

I guess it isn't really the same as far as numbers and figures are concerned, but I would be interested to know if they are still discussing that system. They mentioned that they would like to, in order to let people look differently at "end game"
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Travis already noted that we're working on a similar system (that's not just armor dyes): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558168#7 :)

So, yes! Still very much something we're working on, even though it hasn't been mentioned in the Q&A.
Reply Quote
Lylirra I love you!

How big is the (developing) D3 staff? And how long are internal tests on itemization going on already?
Reply Quote
I will be making all my weapons look like Spectrums.... unless it does not include legendaries.
Reply Quote
wooo ty for the reply, Lylirra! I know it has been a day since this post was last looked at, but I wanted to say thanks anyway :P

really looking forward to what you guys do with this!

great things ahead!
Reply Quote
I kind of hope that along with itemization they up the dps values of the weapons level 60-63.
It is such a joke that I can find a level 60-62 weapon with under 250 dps.

The whole making it class specific is cool and much needed, but what is the point of the extra 30 or so main stat if the weapon is still not even close to be viable for an inferno character? Does anyone out there use a weapon with under 750 dps once you are farming inferno?

I stopped picking up rares a long time ago unless they be ammy's or rings because I know that 99.99999% of the time it will be something that would help out a level 50 character.
Reply Quote
In addition to transmogrification, are there plans for players to differentiate themselves from each other in the forums? Possibly giving portraits like in SC2, or showing our banners instead of the Diablo skull?? Anything really would be appreciated. Thanks =]
Reply Quote
Community Manager
In addition to transmogrification, are there plans for players to differentiate themselves from each other in the forums? Possibly giving portraits like in SC2, or showing our banners instead of the Diablo skull?? Anything really would be appreciated. Thanks =]

D3 forum avatars are definitely something we want to do. I can't speak to a specific timeline, though, since that's something our web team is owning. :)
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Lylirra

D3 forum avatars are definitely something we want to do. I can't speak to a specific timeline, though, since that's something our web team is owning. :)

Hello Lylirra, could you please take a look at this thread? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8480588681

Thank you.

PS. D3 avatars on forums is a nice idea! Can't wait!
Reply Quote
Link forum avatars to ingame achievements. Would give some incentive to finally hunt down all those super uniques.
Reply Quote

Could you either make D3 avatars able to post in other games' forums? Or make players from other games unable to post here?
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Joren
Link forum avatars to ingame achievements. Would give some incentive to finally hunt down all those super uniques.

This is exactly what I was thinking! Avatars based on achievements, PVP kills, Paragon level hurdles, things like that would make the forums much more exciting and diverse!

If they could be in the game too, it'd be even better! I'm thinking it'd be especially useful once Blizzard inevitably implements Chat rooms and/or clan support. I'm not sure how it works, Lylirra, but I think not only the Web Team should work this, but development as well.

I, personally would go out of my way to unlock every possible portrait, and then show off the best ones to all of my friends and watch as they seethe with envy. >:)
Edited by Indoor#1963 on 4/10/2013 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

It must be very frustrating to work at Blizzard since it's so terribly difficult to get anyone to do anything.
Reply Quote
Travis already noted that we're working on a similar system (that's not just armor dyes): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558168#7 :)

So, yes! Still very much something we're working on, even though it hasn't been mentioned in the Q&A.

This is badass wonderful news.

Transmog belongs in every single RPG EVER.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile

Sometime before the year 2099 would be nice.

I JEST! Seriously though, it's coming close to a whole year now. =S

I still want a Happy Cloud. =(

https://twitter.com/Drothvader/status/322283766456410112/photo/1

THIS IS MY ONLY SOLACE RIGHT NOW!!!! /cry
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 4/11/2013 2:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
04/11/2013 02:36 AMPosted by Drothvader

Sometime before the year 2099 would be nice.

I JEST! Seriously though, it's coming close to a whole year now. =S

I still want a Happy Cloud. =(

https://twitter.com/Drothvader/status/322283766456410112/photo/1

THIS IS MY ONLY SOLACE RIGHT NOW!!!! /cry

And I thought I was weird for wanting a yellow Hello Kitty bowling ball for use as my spare ball.

FREAK. :D

Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
04/11/2013 03:28 AMPosted by DeadRu
What a joke, poeple have been hating on Blizzard about WoW features ruining D3 and now ask for this. It is a lame idea for D3.

So in this case, the desire to customize (yes, that's something players have been asking for in nearly all aspects of the game) your appearance is lame just because WoW had that feature first? Keep in mind the features we usually don't want crossing over are those that directly relate to combat. Quality of life or pure customization options, we do want.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]