Diablo® III

does itemization include...

04/10/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Lylirra
In addition to transmogrification, are there plans for players to differentiate themselves from each other in the forums? Possibly giving portraits like in SC2, or showing our banners instead of the Diablo skull?? Anything really would be appreciated. Thanks =]

D3 forum avatars are definitely something we want to do. I can't speak to a specific timeline, though, since that's something our web team is owning. :)

Dont the D3 team and the SC2 team work in the same building? I am only guessing I could be way off.

(Scene: D3 Web guy walks 20 feet to a cubicle nearby)

D3 Web guy: Hey bro can I get that avatar code off you?

SC2 Web guy: Yea bro here u go. let me know if you need any help modifying it.

D3 Web guy: Sweet thanks.

(End Scene)
Reply Quote
I hate it when time is being wasted on pointless dress up junk. I'd rather see improvements to the game first, then fluff second.

Hell you might as well add a catwalk for all these avatar fashion junkies and a public system that populates the audience just so they can feel special.
Reply Quote
I hate it when time is being wasted on pointless dress up junk. I'd rather see improvements to the game first, then fluff second.

Hell you might as well add a catwalk for all these avatar fashion junkies and a public system that populates the audience just so they can feel special.

If they didn't have different small teams at work on these separate issues I'd say you're entirely correct. The reality of the situation is that people that do art do art, people that think up gameplay mechanics do gameplay mechanics. The only shared space you're likely looking at there is coding and I guarantee you it's a lot faster and easier to alter the code for something like a few mesh and texture changes than it is to reprogram for all the itemization updates they're working on. Just the way it works is all. =)
Reply Quote

If they didn't have different small teams at work on these separate issues I'd say you're entirely correct. The reality of the situation is that people that do art do art, people that think up gameplay mechanics do gameplay mechanics. The only shared space you're likely looking at there is coding and I guarantee you it's a lot faster and easier to alter the code for something like a few mesh and texture changes than it is to reprogram for all the itemization updates they're working on. Just the way it works is all. =)

They could have the art team make more bloody things and put them in the game. Along with giant flaming holes, demons falling from the skies in the background, and guts and gore all over the place. There now they can be happy.

Remember those super size demons in Act III? The ones lurking below you before you fight Azmodan. Maybe they could art up what some fights with those giant douchebags would look like and then start drawing up the animations :D
Reply Quote

They could have the art team make more bloody things and put them in the game. Along with giant flaming holes, demons falling from the skies in the background, and guts and gore all over the place. There now they can be happy.

Remember those super size demons in Act III? The ones lurking below you before you fight Azmodan. Maybe they could art up what some fights with those giant douchebags would look like and then start drawing up the animations :D

Not going to argue with you there, could always go for more things! I'm actually really curious as to how active their artists are right now. They're probably churning out concept stuff for new equipment constantly since they've got those new Legendaries and Sets to put out, as well as more of the same for the expansion. Artists are a peculiar lot though; they'll do that all day even if you DON'T pay them. =)
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Lylirra
In addition to transmogrification, are there plans for players to differentiate themselves from each other in the forums? Possibly giving portraits like in SC2, or showing our banners instead of the Diablo skull?? Anything really would be appreciated. Thanks =]

D3 forum avatars are definitely something we want to do. I can't speak to a specific timeline, though, since that's something our web team is owning. :)

Considering that in the older screen shots of the Diablo 3 menu screens, the party ui had square avatars that were each players banner background and sigil, I don't see why they couldn't do this by somehow implementing some part of the code that was used to do it in the game. But yeah, the homogenized avatars are lame and need to be changed.
Reply Quote
This would make my day. There are so many models in this game I love and it's a shame I use only a handful of them with my current gear.
Reply Quote
Hope they will consider an addition to the crafting system to grant us even further options in the creation of vanity items.

Thats the kinda stuff people don't mind spending money on, keeps plenty of other f2p games floating, without the pay2win qq.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]