Diablo® III

Increase the gold drop value

Does anyone agree that they should increase the gold drop value? the current value will take forever to buy items from the AH that are usable.

Anyone feel the same way?
Reply Quote
Doing that will just put more gold into the economy -> devalue gold further -> Great/BiS items value goes up and go to 3rd party sites to be sold.

Botters win. Regular players lose.
Reply Quote
its possible to build a MP10 set with less than 1kk

not sure why u need so many gold

btw, some days ago I made 600k RUSHING from lvl 1 to 60, no farm at all
Edited by Tgod#1757 on 4/10/2013 5:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Doing that will just put more gold into the economy -> devalue gold further -> Great/BiS items value goes up and go to 3rd party sites to be sold.

Blizzard should also find ways to counter that. but IMO gold drop is too little :/
Reply Quote

Blizzard should also find ways to counter that. but IMO gold drop is too little :/

The amount of gold that drops will not help you afford items at all. Its only your relative gold that matters. If Blizzard made more gold drop for you, but not anyone else you would be able to afford more. If everyone gets more gold, then how are you better off at being able to buy more items? Everyone else in the game can also "buy more" which means that everyone in the game starts trying to buy more at once, and prices go up.

Furthermore, since its your relative wealth that matters you have to remember that bots will farm more gold than you. Perhaps not per hour, but they can farm 24 hours a day. So, your relative wealth will actually fall as gold drops increase. Botters, and the people that buy their gold will get that increased gold faster than you. So, they will start to drive up prices more than the non botters or gold buyers.

So... in the end your increased gold will be less helpful to you than theirs would. Meaning you will be getting more gold, but be able to buy even less than you could before with it. They will be getting more gold, and will be able to buy the same amount of gear as before, or possibly a little a more as they are the main drivers of inflation.

In the end you lose. Yet another example of how real life economics apply to the game world. Inflation also hurts the poor the most, followed by the middle class, and often benefits those that get the first/easiest access to the created money.

So, the best thing for you is good gold sinks, more resources spent at bliz to kill bots. There is no magic change to make you afford items. Think about it, if increasing the amount of "money" (or gold) people had made it easier for them to buy things, everyone in the world would be rich because every county would just print a billion dollars for every person.
Reply Quote
To lower AH price, I wouldn't increase the gold drop, but instead the quality of the drops. That way each player could get decent gear all by himself, there would be a lot less pressure on him to buy upgrades and prices would come down.
Just today, my DH PL50 found a rare amulet with 31 vit/54 life regen and 2% chance to cause Fear on hit. That crap find is beyond funny and pathetic - it's just insulting. And inexcusable. Make loot match the players needs, that will lower the demand and with it the prices.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 05:34 AMPosted by Tgod

what is kk? a thousand thousand? the North American preference is M for million.

that aside, i would be thrilled for you to elaborate on how I could spend 1 million gold and conquer MP10.
Reply Quote

The amount of gold that drops will not help you afford items at all. Its only your relative gold that matters. If Blizzard made more gold drop for you, but not anyone else you would be able to afford more. If everyone gets more gold, then how are you better off at being able to buy more items? Everyone else in the game can also "buy more" which means that everyone in the game starts trying to buy more at once, and prices go up.

So, the best thing for you is good gold sinks, more resources spent at bliz to kill bots. There is no magic change to make you afford items. Think about it, if increasing the amount of "money" (or gold) people had made it easier for them to buy things, everyone in the world would be rich because every county would just print a billion dollars for every person.

An intelligent post and absolutely bang on. Shocking to see one on here.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 07:02 AMPosted by papadanko

what is kk? a thousand thousand? the North American preference is M for million.

that aside, i would be thrilled for you to elaborate on how I could spend 1 million gold and conquer MP10.

same here. show me mp10 on a million gold...
Reply Quote
What I do not understand is how botters are able to strive... After all of these years Blizzard still can't find a solution to the problem.... Or maybe they have the solution but they choose to ignore the issue. It baffles me that bots can stay connected for weeks at a time and not get banned.... It is pretty obvious that nobody can play for that long without taking some kind of a break.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]