Diablo® III

How do you help a Wiz with 14 vendor items?

Yesterday a guy asking for my help for gearing his Wiz once I check his gears he got 14 vendor gears without specific build. I totally out of clue how I suppose to help him? And he only have like 1mil gold so I end up give some bifecta gears and ask him to get forum help. I really feel bad for myself.
Reply Quote
Don't feel bad haze,

I wouldn't know how to help someone with that kind of budget either

My biggest pet peeve when helping people build budget sets is when people freak when you tell them they're gonna lose damage to make their build functional by raising attack speed and cc and mit, which would actually raise edps mind you but that's not important just that number on the screen beside dps
Reply Quote
The casual wizard does not give a rats @ss about mitigation
Reply Quote
There is a 1 mill budget cm wiz video on youtube. I would direct him there as that will at least teach him the basics and get him started.
Reply Quote
If it's someone I know or a friend of a friend, I often just loot dump on them and help them out with whatever l stuff I have on hand that I know will improve their gear. I've spent 30-40 M to buy gear for friends that don't play enough to ever get good drops... like a decent crit storm crow, etc.

Another option could be for you to buy a complete base CM set (say 5M) and keep it in your stash and when you cross someone who could use some gear you can give them a few pieces or the whole set even.
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 07:53 AMPosted by JellzRoc
The casual wizard does not give a rats @ss about mitigation

Lol so true jellz, I still drives me up the wall when all I hear is MOAR dps! Haha

Edit: where is boozor's budget cm guide? I think he did like 1m, 5m, and 10m levels ... another thing that comes into play is some people are looking for things other than cm/we sets and I don't claim to be capable of building anything but
Edited by ChaoticF#1947 on 4/12/2013 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I donate my vendor gear that's better than his vendor gear.

Although, this one time I donated a 1K DPS int EF with 80% natural crit, IAS, but no socket.

Shot his/her DPS up by over 20K.

And I did donate to others a 1K DPS int, crit, life steal, socket sword also. And an armored 130 int/150 vit BT pants. And a pair of 130 int, 70 vit Zuni Trail. And a low trifecta rare int ring. Two 23%+ XP Leoric's Signets. Amongst other things.

But I only do this for your aforementioned vendor gear wizards. Do a background check, too. I only believe they're actually in a bind if they're <paragon 15 with <200 hours logged, approximately.

Edited because smart phone keyboard fails.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 4/12/2013 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The problem we dont usually keep those CM entry gears because our stash space are very limited. Ya youtube is another channel I ask him to go for. I been encounter few times those random ppl ask for help probably they think high Para Wiz sure can help. How about you all?
Edited by Haze#6978 on 4/12/2013 8:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There's another problem...I call it the "hand on the shoulder in front of you dilemma" (I'm still working on the name)

Essentially, what every entry level CM wants to do, is swap piece by piece by piece..each time, hoping the new piece will improve the situation. But as we all know, there are pieces of gear that you need that require support from other pieces. And those "support" pieces ALSO need other gear that support them.

Case in point. Someone finds an OS Chants wand..but using it drops their APS below 2.5. They see the +9999999 damage thing and go bonkers. You then explain to them that 5 of their other gear pieces need IAS. But it's really not that simple, and you know it. IAS/Crit/Armor/AR/LOH...these all have to form a synergy with that weapon and eachother. At that point, the best advice you can give them is to put the thing in their stash until they can "support" it.

But no one wants to do that. Aimless had a situation for a long time where he had an OS chants in his stash, but just couldn't get the right amulet to support it...so he kept it in his stash.

That takes discipline. Casual gamers typically don't have said discipline. Only Demon Hunters have discipline. jk.
Reply Quote
Precisely..sometimes its a headache when you have someone who has a semi-working setup but needs to change errrrthing to get a full working setup
Reply Quote
Any decent items I find that are worth less then 5mil I giveaway
Reply Quote
Melkor!! Are you back? You sticking around this time? I thought you were done??
Reply Quote
04/13/2013 11:00 AMPosted by kcbandit
Melkor!! Are you back? You sticking around this time? I thought you were done??

Lol, what led you to believe I was gone?
Reply Quote
I thought you made a post about how you were packing it up or something. Said you had done all you could do and the cost of improving your gear was just too much or something?? Might have gotten you confused with the 37,000 other Wiz's who have said the same thing.
Reply Quote
Meteor Shower builds are fun. I really like my build now. I only die if I get vortexed onto 7 arcane sentries while frozen sitting in a pile of desecrater. Good times still.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]