Diablo® III

Worm hole rune - Lord of lies.

EDIT : For the public.

Blizz, Fix tooltip on Wurmhole rune to reflect that it only actually affects that 1st casts delay please?

thanks. bye.
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/18/2013 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
0/10
Reply Quote
0/10 ?

WTF is that supposed to mean? This is a legit complain, thank you very much. And to me and a few friends that like to play casters, well this is a total 10/10 issue. They destroyed a hall mark skill.

<removed for over harsh tone>
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/18/2013 1:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Teleport - Wormhole: After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins allowing you to Teleport again.

Where's the lie?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
See, this is what kills it for me. You may have a legitmate complaint, but instead of presenting it in an adult manner, you fling accusations of lying about.

I mean, think about it. Why would Blizz lie? What possible benefit would there be for them to deliberately lie about a freaking rune?

Never mind the fact that perhaps, just perhaps, it might be a bug?

Some folks seriously need to turn the computer off and get out more. Or at least wear a tinfoil hat. It's obvious that the gamma rays from the intertubes are affecting their brains.

Edit: And it may just be that the OP read the tooltip wrong. . .
Edited by Bird#1227 on 4/15/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Teleport - Wormhole: After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins allowing you to Teleport again.

Where's the lie?

Use it and come tell me... if you cant figure it out, well...
Reply Quote
See, this is what kills it for me. You have a legitmate complaint, but instead of presenting it in an adult manner, you fling accusations of lying about.

I mean, think about it. Why would Blizz lie? What possible benefit would there be for them to deliberately lie about a freaking rune?

Some folks seriously need to turn the computer off and get out more. Or at least wear a tinfoil hat. It's obvious that the gamma rays from the intertubes are affecting their brains.

Lie : to deliver a false statement

Seems legit to me.
Reply Quote

Where's the lie?

I do use it, all the time, it's on my right mouse button. There is no lie.

It does not say, as you claim, "as long as you cast it again within 1 second it will not go into cooldown."

It states, as Doombringer pointed out, that after you use it there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown triggers. This gives you approximately 4 teleports before the cooldown starts.

That's how it states it works, and that is how it does work. You're misunderstanding the tooltip and complaining that it doesn't work how you interpret/think it should.

Add to that, the cooldown is trivial anyway if you're using a CM build properly but that's neither here nor there.
Reply Quote

Where's the lie?

What, you thought you could Teleport endlessly? You could say it can be confusing, but saying it's a lie... is a complete lie. Maybe your tittle was chosen carefully to lure people in?

You would have a much better case if you picked up the Oculus and Archon's Teleport.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-oculus
Reply Quote

I do use it, all the time, it's on my right mouse button. There is no lie.

It does not say, as you claim, "as long as you cast it again within 1 second it will not go into cooldown."

It states, as Doombringer pointed out, that after you use it there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown triggers. This gives you approximately 4 teleports before the cooldown starts.

That's how it states it works, and that is how it does work. You're misunderstanding the tooltip and complaining that it doesn't work how you interpret/think it should.

Add to that, the cooldown is trivial anyway if you're using a CM build properly but that's neither here nor there.

*Teleport - Wormhole: After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins allowing you to Teleport again*

Yet if its used back to back with instant casts, it should NEVER go into cooldown until it stops casting. It is an instant, correct? So the way i see it it goes on the stack, That means theres no time for it to be counting down, thus, back to what i said. Everytime it recasts instantly, it should never be allowing it, thus, its crap.

I will give you one thing though, the word games a good one, and so we can sit here and argue all day over a slight variation of definitions, but i wont.

IMO, its a buncha BS, they destroyed a trademark skill is all. That rune, was the lone hope, alas, it isnt so.

EDIT - As a MTG Player, i can just imagine the arguement that would go around the table between players with a ruling like this though.

/im out.
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/15/2013 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yet if its used back to back with instant casts, it should NEVER go into cooldown until it stops casting. It is an instant, correct?

No, incorrect.

It does NOT say the cooldown will NOT trigger if you keep casting.

As I, and others, have demonstrated for you it says the cooldown will start 1 second after first casting Teleport, period. That is irrespective of whether or not you cast teleport again.

You're either not understanding how it's supposed to work, or you're now intentionally misinterpreting it to further your argument.

Edit: I too am a MTG player. Stop trying to apply the stack, or order of precedence, from that game to this one. They're entirely separate games with entirely unique mechanics.
Edited by Alexander#1155 on 4/15/2013 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 03:24 PMPosted by Alexander
Yet if its used back to back with instant casts, it should NEVER go into cooldown until it stops casting. It is an instant, correct?

No, incorrect.

It does NOT say the cooldown will NOT trigger if you keep casting.

As I, and others, have demonstrated for you it says the cooldown will start 1 second after first casting Teleport, period. That is irrespective of whether or not you cast teleport again.

You're either not understanding how it's supposed to work, or you're now intentionally misinterpreting it to further your argument.

Edit: I too am a MTG player. Stop trying to apply the stack, or order of precedence, from that game to this one. They're entirely separate games with entirely unique mechanics.

Nah, you arent understanding the big picture. THE STACK.

Its about time, and if it is recast, the ruling reapplies, and being an instant cast (which you denied, but it IS indeed), we have an issue. Sorry you cant see it.

But its OK, we can agree to disagree.

Anyways, if a Blizz rep feels the tone of the thread is *wrong, they can feel free to dispose of it as they do so many other threads. I am sure i broke no rules, and just called it like i see it.

Cheers.
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/15/2013 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
See, this is what kills it for me. You have a legitmate complaint, but instead of presenting it in an adult manner, you fling accusations of lying about.

Lie : to deliberately deliver a false statement

Fixed that for you.
Reply Quote
It works exactly how it's worded. You just misunderstand the wording.

The initial cast of teleport triggers the rune which delays the cooldown from activating by 1 second.

Perhaps they should add initial in front of teleport as to avoid confusion.
Reply Quote
Solution

04/15/2013 03:28 PMPosted by GeminiEclips
Perhaps they should add initial in front of teleport as to avoid confusion.

I mean, i realise no one cares, but a group of us buds playing multi Wizs together, all just had a birdy. O.o

Our teleport is ultimately garbo. /.Sob

PS : Whoever linked the Occy above, thanks, we will be lookin for that.
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/15/2013 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yet if its used back to back with instant casts, it should NEVER go into cooldown until it stops casting. It is an instant, correct? So the way i see it it goes on the stack, That means theres no time for it to be counting down, thus, back to what i said. Everytime it recasts instantly, it should never be allowing it, thus, its crap.

haha people take out their anger issues on blizzard so much. First off, you're misunderstanding the skill. 1 second after the first cast it resets, allowing you to teleport as many times WITHIN that one second. and it takes about a second to teleport 4 times. Makes perfect sense (although i wish teleport was buffed, or didnt even have a cooldown).

But seriously, in addition to what Ryaskybird was saying, you really need to chill out with issues like this. Blizzard is a company with people working in it just like you. Human beings with lives and families. They're not sitting there thinking "!@#$ yeah! I'm gonna write this tooltip wrong so people will suffer!!" thats not how people work. Just take a second to ask the questions that lead you to understanding people's intentions.
Edited by Sleuth#1685 on 4/15/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anger like this comes from misunderstanding, personal griefs, and close mindedness. Maturation is the antidote.

Well, I call it like i see it, i seen it, and according to everyone misunderstand it. Thats fine. Im not swearing, cursing, and carrying on, i discussed it. See above.

is when developers lie on tool tips, and / or, dont tell you the whole story.

See that ... it says AND / OR ... two options. Dont get all hater now.

Anywho, thats really all there is to say and learn i suppose. Have fun peeps.
Reply Quote
My favorite part is where he said " Im out" then came back to talk again. Then proceeded to say " cheers" as if leaving yet again......wait for it... .he came back AGAIN to argue some more.... sigh.... people these days....( I won't even begin to talk about how ridiculous this thread was to begin with)

Edit: Haha he came back AGAIN while I was posting!
Edited by SolarPenguin#1943 on 4/15/2013 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 03:38 PMPosted by SolarPenguin
My favorite part is where he said " Im out" then came back to talk again. Then proceeded to say " cheers" as if leaving yet again......wait for it... .he came back AGAIN to argue some more.... sigh.... people these days....( I won't even begin to talk about how ridiculous this thread was to begin with)

Edits happen bud. Sorry it bothers ya.
Reply Quote
This is exactly the wording on Teleport Wormhole: After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins, allowing you to teleport again.

So op is wrong. Wormhole works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]