Diablo® III

Worm hole rune - Lord of lies.

90 Pandaren Mage
wormhole working as intended...I use wormhole myself...it's great for getting the distance with wallers that like to drop 50 walls in your face. I get about 4 with no lag before the cd starts.
Reply Quote
The cooldown goes active 1s after the initial cast. You can teleport as many time as you want within that 1s. Working as intended.
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Homicyde
Use it and come tell me... if you cant figure it out, well...

It works fine but you cant use it when out of arcane power, thats why u cant keep teleporting forever.
Reply Quote
http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/

This is what this whole post reminded me of.
Reply Quote
Works as intended is true- doubt this is a glitch. Who could expect legal length definitions for skill runes? Both sides have a point. I always figured the cooldown would begin no matter what, but the wording could implicate a reset if teleporting within 1 second I think.
Reply Quote
OP has a point in some sort, but he lacks the way of expressing it right. Maybe if he had made his point without crying, he might have been given a better response.
Im not much into wizard classes, but when I leveled mine to 60 I did have this definition issue, which made me pick another rune.

If I read the definition:

Teleport - Wormhole: After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins allowing you to Teleport again.

At least i can think of 4 cases that apply:

A) I can recast teleport as long as my casts are between that initial 1 sec interval (actual functioning)
B) Same as A, but the interval restarts after each casting, meaning that i could do it indefinetly as long as i keep recasting it before the 1 sec interval of each casting.
C) (the one I understood) I can cast it again ONCE after the initial cast, as long as its on a 1 sec interval and it takes me back where i was (like a Portal, which works similar to a WORMHOLE)
D)Same as C but i can go wherever i want.

Its not that simple to get it, is it?.
Reply Quote
Actually, OP does have a point ...

Teleport - Wormhole: After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins allowing you to Teleport again.

During the 1 second of no cooldowns, you are AGAIN casting Teleport. Hence reseting itself again. This would allow you to keep on casting until you run out of Arcane power or run into a mob.

This would actually be much much cooler than the present mechanic of this skill rune. It would make me feel more like a Sorceress once again.
Edited by Bluthium#1822 on 4/16/2013 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Wait, people actually use that garbage skill?
Reply Quote
Op is not wrong lol. According to definition there should be 1 sec delay between each teleport but instead you're forced to teleport 4 times in a fast manner under a second. Teleport was my fav. spell in Diablo 2 but they just destroyed it in D3. :/
Reply Quote
one of the biggest problems this game has, is that numbers shown to you are not accurate! for example, if you play inferno, a lot of stats shown to you are actually a fraction of that. they should fix it so ALL NUMBERS SHOWN TO YOU ARE ACCURATE.
Reply Quote
You just want to tele like you could in D2, but they didn't let the Wiz do that in this game. Not sure why tele couldn't have been a Defensive Skill that cost 10 AP or something with no Cooldown.
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 02:57 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Where's the lie?

Because that could repeat infinitely is his point. I teleport, 1sec delay, I teleport, 1sec delay repeat ad infinitum.

He was hoping for D2 teleport but he got WoW blink instead.
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Homicyde

No, incorrect.

It does NOT say the cooldown will NOT trigger if you keep casting.

As I, and others, have demonstrated for you it says the cooldown will start 1 second after first casting Teleport, period. That is irrespective of whether or not you cast teleport again.

You're either not understanding how it's supposed to work, or you're now intentionally misinterpreting it to further your argument.

Edit: I too am a MTG player. Stop trying to apply the stack, or order of precedence, from that game to this one. They're entirely separate games with entirely unique mechanics.

Nah, you arent understanding the big picture. THE STACK.

Its about time, and if it is recast, the ruling reapplies, and being an instant cast (which you denied, but it IS indeed), we have an issue. Sorry you cant see it.

But its OK, we can agree to disagree.

Anyways, if a Blizz rep feels the tone of the thread is *wrong, they can feel free to dispose of it as they do so many other threads. I am sure i broke no rules, and just called it like i see it.

Cheers.

reported for trolling. there is no stack in this game, the person you quoted pointed out they were familiar with "the stack", i too am familiar with "the stack" in MTG as i have played since about 1996. again... there is no "stack" in diablo 3. the skill is worded properly and functions as advertised. it may not function how you think it would in MTG, but this isn't MTG so stop trying to shove your opinion down others throats as if they are stupid and you know better than everyone else.
Reply Quote
reported for trolling. there is no stack in this game, the person you quoted pointed out they were familiar with "the stack", i too am familiar with "the stack" in MTG as i have played since about 1996. again... there is no "stack" in diablo 3. the skill is worded properly and functions as advertised. it may not function how you think it would in MTG, but this isn't MTG so stop trying to shove your opinion down others throats as if they are stupid and you know better than everyone else.

Reported for trolling.
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Gulgoth
but this isn't MTG so stop trying to shove your opinion down others throats as if they are stupid and you know better than everyone else

Hmm, im sorry your reading comprehension is so terrible bud. Read more. Dr Zuess can help you with that. Then when your literature interpretation is up to par, you can come back and show me where it was ever said that this was MTG, or for that matter that a comparison was made.

As a MTG Player, i can just imagine the arguement that would go around the table between players with a ruling like this though.

There wasnt. It was simply a point out of a "hypothetical" situation at the round table, and imagining the end results.

Kinda relating to how here, we have many players, as evident, who disagree with this ruling, for diablo 3 teleport.

Here, real simple words for you... a comparison was made, between "players viewpoints, agreeing or disagreeing". Not the games.

Good day.

PS : BearenstienBears might be better for ya.
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/16/2013 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is exactly the wording on Teleport Wormhole: After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins, allowing you to teleport again.

It should not let you teleport endlessly.
It would have to read: After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins, allowing you to CAST teleport again.
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Homicyde
regardlessly.

We took the adverb, and we doubled it.
Reply Quote
This is exactly the wording on Teleport Wormhole: After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins, allowing you to teleport again.

It should not let you teleport endlessly.
It would have to read: After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins, allowing you to CAST teleport again.

This. Can't believe the discussion about this was even this bad.

You cast teleport, after one secondit goes on cooldown. This is very clearly stated...
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I suppose the wording of the tooltip can be seen in an ambiguous manner. A better wording might be like this:

"Teleport can be cast continually for one second before the cooldown is activated"

That would make it much clearer to everybody.
Reply Quote
You also need to realize that this skill needs Arcane Power (15). So basically even if you are technically able to teleport infinitely within 1 second, you still rely on the amount of Arcane Power available at that time. For the average Wizard it allows them to teleport 5 or 6 times.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]