Diablo® III

Worm hole rune - Lord of lies.

04/15/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Urza
After casting Teleport, there is a 1 second delay before the cooldown begins, allowing you to teleport again.

yea was being confused is the 1 second delay which doesnt reset and the cooldown always begins after that 1 second, therefore the tooltip is correct.

OP is correct that currently teleport is garbo and should be able to cast multiple times because of the resource cost, like sprint.
Reply Quote
I believe I've settled the cause of the OP thinking the rune's description was misleading.

I'll pass along the feedback here when I'm able to. For now, please stop arguing. With the subject of the thread clarified to the OP, there is nothing more to be gained by a flame war.

Caution: This cookie bites back.

I did not feel like you really made it clear. Hence my contributing to the conversation, while also expressing my opinion on posts within the thread, and with OPs attitude at the beginning of the thread (which he has since tried to pretend was all innocent....). Apparently that is not ok with you. Perhaps because you are full of yourself, and if you believe you settled it then we must all bow to your wisdom? It is ok for us to have differences of opinion you know, and even critisize each other, and even argue. Nobody is making threats, there is no cussing. I understand being upset with those who came here just to insult the OP, but that doesn't mean we all need to shut up, as you seem to want. Just my opinion, and I have as much right to express it as you did yours.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I believe I've settled the cause of the OP thinking the rune's description was misleading.

I'll pass along the feedback here when I'm able to. For now, please stop arguing. With the subject of the thread clarified to the OP, there is nothing more to be gained by a flame war.

I did not feel like you really made it clear. Hence my contributing to the conversation, while also expressing my opinion on posts within the thread, and with OPs attitude at the beginning of the thread (which he has since tried to pretend was all innocent....). Apparently that is not ok with you. Perhaps because you are full of yourself, and if you believe you settled it then we must all bow to your wisdom? It is ok for us to have differences of opinion you know, and even critisize each other, and even argue. Nobody is making threats, there is no cussing. I understand being upset with those who came here just to insult the OP, but that doesn't mean we all need to shut up, as you seem to want. Just my opinion, and I have as much right to express it as you did yours.

Can you explain exactly how I did not make it clear what this rune actually does? This is an honest question. What part of the wording I used was still ambivalent to you?

Reply Quote

Can you explain exactly how I did not make it clear what this rune actually does? This is an honest question. What part of the wording I used was still ambivalent to you?

Yes.

but first... you missed my point that just because "you" think you made it clear, that does not mean that everyone agrees with you or that you are right. Someone, like myself, might not think you made it clear. Whether I am correct or not is beside the point.

To directly answer your question though... You made it clear how the skill works, thats it. OP had issue with the tooltip. I felt that the wording of the tooltip is correct and I tried to explain why it is correct. You, on the other hand, just said that it could be worded better, while making no attempt to explain why it's current wording actually makes sense. You didn't need to do that mind you, nothing wrong with what you did, I simply felt that a better explanation of the tooltips wording was in order (since that is what OP was directly concerned with)...so I attempted it.

Furthermore, a thread does not, in my opinion, HAVE to stay exactly on topic (not in general anyway). Some people, such as myself, felt that the OP should have presented his case in a more constructive, less angry and accusatory way. I see nothing wrong with us expressing that opinion, and even argueing our points when OP argued his dissenting opinion. After all, didn't you just do pretty much the same thing to us. Now I am disagreeing with your opinion, as OP disagreed with ours, and I am happy to hear any points you wish to make supporting your opinion (that this is a flame war and we should all shut up now because you already solved everything---what your opinion came across as anyway).

I mean you no ill will or disrespect BTW. Sure you are an awesome guy. I just get annoyed when someone implies that my opinion didn't matter and I should be quiet.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
OK, so after reading your reply to the OP (brusk tone aside), you originally had the same issue as the OP did and agreed that the tooltip was in need of changing. That's something most players could probably agree on actually.

My comment about the arguing was directed in general, not at any specific person (when I direct something at a specific person, I usually preface it by using their name out of politeness).

To directly answer your question though... You made it clear how the skill works, thats it. OP had issue with the tooltip. I felt that the wording of the tooltip is correct and I tried to explain why it is correct. You, on the other hand, just said that it could be worded better, while making no attempt to explain why it's current wording actually makes sense. You didn't need to do that mind you, nothing wrong with what you did, I simply felt that a better explanation of the tooltips wording was in order (since that is what OP was directly concerned with)...so I attempted it.

It looks like this thing between us is mainly from you mistakenly thinking I was directing any of my comments toward you. I honestly have no issue with your response to me because you were telling it as you saw it, even if it wasn't the case. You didn't repsond to me out of malice, so as far as I'm concerned there's no damage done.

The thread however, was devolving into basically nothing but flaming, so that's why I made the comment I did. Threads don't have to remain on topic 100% of the time, but when it gets derailed, as this one did, by other discussions or arguments, then it needs to be put back on the right track or locked. I prefer the former to the latter simply because locking often just makes players even more angry.

I'll be fiving feedback about the CMs so they can pass it along to the devs. I just might also go intot he game and check each skill'rune's tooltips and try to find any that are ambiguous so they can be looked into as well. The devs don't always catch how their wording is taken by everybody, and they can't realistically. That's why feedback from players about such things is good. It just needs to be kept civil is all.

Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
This thread makes me a sad panda. =(

I whole-heartedly agree with Ryskabird. It's a completely legitimate and valid complaint that is overshadowed with accusatory tones.

Anyway, I think the way the skill works is that the 1 second cooldown starts on the first cast. Any subsequent casts after that do not reset the 1 second timer. This is likely why you can only cast it a maximum of 4 times.

Even if the time limit did extend with each cast, you'd surely run out of Arcane Power shortly thereafter anyway.

I don't disagree that the tooltip should be made a little clearer, but the underlying tone behind this thread really kind of comes off as intentionally inflammatory.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Drothvader
This thread makes me a sad panda. =(

What makes me 'a sad panda' is to see a troll thread like this instead of seeing a genuine complaint thread about a poorly designed teleport skill (what was the purpose of adding cool down to teleport? To thwart bots? Yeah.. sure worked well didn't it?... : / yes I'm being sarcastic).

Blizzard should know if they don't already that this skill is clunky. Only recently in PTR have they fixed how it doesn't go through obstacles (and I've tested it, and it still doesn't always work in certain situations but I think that is map-dependent and if teleport had more range would be less of an issue if even an issue at all). It still gets caught along edges of terrain.. it still has far too short a range (unless they made a change I'm unaware of in the past few days since I've been gone). It still takes too long to cast and too long to finish casting once you arrive at destination. It has cooldown and resource costs.. why both? This is simply absurd.

It has a worhole rune (the center of incorrect debate on this thread) and this rune does *not* function as intended. The name of the rune is worm hole rune.. not 'few extra casts rune'...It may be functioning as intended in the opinions of overly uptight dev.s that don't know what fun is half the time, but it is definitely not functioning as its name or original design concept intended. If the game is mostly about PvE/M and farming.. why is teleport not functioning to its full potential or even properly mechanically-speaking? Why is the teleport of a powerful nephalem sorceress so powerful and reckless she's deemed a "Wizard" .. why is her teleport just pathetic compared to that of her predecessors'?

This** is what the thread *should* have been about... not whining simply about how unclear the tool tip is.. (which it is unclear by the way)..

I too am a sad panda..

Where's my bamboo?

~Philoi?
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Drothvader
I don't disagree that the tooltip should be made a little clearer, but the underlying tone behind this thread really kind of comes off as intentionally inflammatory.

To clarify, I would add, there was indeed a hybrid mixture of sarcasm, and displeasure with the over all skill, and its description, and I dare say even with fondly remembering D2 in comparison while gasping in dismay (yea, biased, i admit my wrongs.), however....

it seems everyone has overlooked the simple and / or statement.

Sorry the world isnt spoken with words that resemble roses and buttercups, but imo, there is nothing truly wrong with what was said. Was it harsh, perhaps more to some than to others, as evident by this thread.

Than again, theres always those that could find humour behind words too. Even if those words are harsh.

Each to their own people. Honestly, im shocked this thread lasted this long. It derailed long ago, as i became the target.
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/18/2013 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't see the lie. The 1 second timer starts on the first cast, not the last cast. Its you who are misunderstanding the tooltip.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 12:56 AMPosted by Firestorm
I don't see the lie. The 1 second timer starts on the first cast, not the last cast. Its you who are misunderstanding the tooltip.

haha 3 days late to the conversation, anyways, fixed orig post, as to remove any conflict / harsh tone, directed at or from casual first time glances. Hope it helps.
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/18/2013 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My point, which you ignored, well my whole post's point, was that your thread misses the point.. it is not as important that the tool tip is bad as it is important to note how bad the teleport skill is in this game at all.. we shouldn't even be in a position to argue about the wording on an unclear tool tip for worm hole.. because worm hole shouldn't exist, because teleport should not have cool down, and if it does have cool down, the power of the worm hole rune should be to remove this cool down.. and if this makes it so much better than all runes, make it the last rune you get at level 60ish and make the other rune effects of teleport somewhat better.. Or just totally remake teleport from the ground up.. something.... I'm glad at least they're allowing it (and hopefully the archon version too) to go through walls (some of them at least).. this makes the skill much more useful in soft core and much more dangerous/exciting in certain situations..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]