Diablo® III

Multiplayer question

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if you get loot off of kills made by your allies even if you aren't close to them? For example if I'm in town whie my ally clears half of a map will I still get loot/xp? What if we're both in the map but on opposite sides of the map? I know you have to be close to a shrine in order to get the buff when an ally clicks it so I wasn't sure about loot/xp.

Anyone who has a concrete answer or can link a dev post or something else I'd really appreciate it.

What I wanted was to not have to worry about getting split up or even possibly split the map with my buddy for speed then just look for legs using the map. I'm not sure if that's even possible though so any help please!!
Reply Quote
Come on guys someone knows the answer to this!!
Reply Quote
A lot more elites
Reply Quote
You have to be in the same area within "a screen and a half" to qualify for XP from other players kills.

Drops are at least zone wide, maybe more. I can't find any info with google and I never really paid attention to it when playing with others.
Reply Quote
You have to be in the same zone to get the exp share. Meaning, one person can't be idling in town soaking up xp while the other guy does all the work. Also, there's a penalty the further apart you are from each other in levels. But that's easily offset by cranking up the Monster Power and using xp gear.

http://d3db.com/news/id/216-best-buy-developer-qa-transcript/
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Does anyone know if you get loot off of kills made by your allies even if you aren't close to them? For example if I'm in town whie my ally clears half of a map will I still get loot/xp? What if we're both in the map but on opposite sides of the map?

I have an answer for you. :) In order to get xp or loot from a slain monster you need to be in proximity of it when it dies or have been in combat with it. For example, if you go back to town to repair your armor after fighting a nasty elite and your friend kills it while you’re not around, you'll get loot and xp, because you had already tagged the monster. However, if your friend then finds a new elite and kills it before you come back, then you will not get loot or xp.
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Grimiku
Does anyone know if you get loot off of kills made by your allies even if you aren't close to them? For example if I'm in town whie my ally clears half of a map will I still get loot/xp? What if we're both in the map but on opposite sides of the map?

I have an answer for you. :) In order to get xp or loot from a slain monster you need to be in proximity of it when it dies or have been in combat with it. For example, if you go back to town to repair your armor after fighting a nasty elite and your friend kills it while you’re not around, you'll get loot and xp, because you had already tagged the monster. However, if your friend then finds a new elite and kills it before you come back, then you will not get loot or xp.

Awesome. Thanks for the answer. Straight from the horses mouth as they say.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Awesome. Thanks for the answer. Straight from the horses mouth as they say.

Or goat in this case. :)
Reply Quote
At the risk of seeming a grumpy face, I wish CMs would stop doing this with every response they provide:

:)
Reply Quote
You are grumpy, take it easy :)
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 11:30 AMPosted by Grimiku

Hey goat. You look at me when I'm talking to you. Show respect. Hey! HEY!

Hello? Hey!

Never mind.
Reply Quote

Can you add this to the game guide or something? It really needs to be well known.
Reply Quote
Does "tagging" mean hitting? So can a DH multi shot the mob then tp to town and mooch exp? No wonder this happens all the time in Pub Games. Can't wait til this patch because Pub Games right now are a gamble, literally. I've had some amazing Pub Games that were very efficient and met some cool people, and of course I've had many more with people that needed to go back to MP0, can't speak English, or aren't humans. Good times!
Reply Quote
This seems to be bugged then. I have had multiple times where I didn't even enter an area and there is loot drops for me. On the opposite end of the spectrum I have been in the same area (not close enough to "tag" them) as elites dying and get no loot or exp. Anybody else have this happen to them?
Edited by OuttaStep#1484 on 4/16/2013 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Well, after seeing the new Barb xp run, where they run through a map and tag all the monsters for bleed and leave, it makes me feel like it is a BS design. Barbarians are starting to piss me off in this game.
Reply Quote
I think this is very wrong , I can kill two elites from the same pack while another that has been feared half way across the map gets killed by another player I qill miss out on the nep xp and loot so you must have to tag all the elites in the pack
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if you get loot off of kills made by your allies even if you aren't close to them? For example if I'm in town whie my ally clears half of a map will I still get loot/xp? What if we're both in the map but on opposite sides of the map? I know you have to be close to a shrine in order to get the buff when an ally clicks it so I wasn't sure about loot/xp.

Anyone who has a concrete answer or can link a dev post or something else I'd really appreciate it.

What I wanted was to not have to worry about getting split up or even possibly split the map with my buddy for speed then just look for legs using the map. I'm not sure if that's even possible though so any help please!!

They posted a radius map as to how close or far away you can be from your party members in order to still get exp and loot. I don't have a link but it was like a month or so ago.
Reply Quote
[quote]They posted a radius map as to how close or far away you can be from your party members in order to still get exp and loot. I don't have a link but it was like a month or so ago.

Oh wow if someone has that I'd love to see it.
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Proeliator
[quote]They posted a radius map as to how close or far away you can be from your party members in order to still get exp and loot. I don't have a link but it was like a month or so ago.

Oh wow if someone has that I'd love to see it.

I'd love to see it as well!
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 11:30 AMPosted by Grimiku

New diablo3 expansion race?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]