Diablo® III

Question regarding video cards

Currently in my laptop, I'm running a nVidia GeForce GTX 570M video card and a 2nd generation i7 processor.

Although I'm running a quad core AMD Phenom II in my desktop, I'm using the nVidia GeForce GTX 460.

My question is, I know that the i7 is a better processor, but which graphics card is better?

edit: I know that a GTX 570 is technically newer than GTX 460, but since the 570 is a laptop card, I wouldn't know if it's better or worse.
Edited by AsianCow#1330 on 4/16/2013 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
the desktop card is better
Reply Quote
The 570m is a stripped down version of the 560 reference model without going into extreme details, the pipelines are not open. Nor can they be opened such as they can be with a certain random desktop video card vendors, i. e, reference or none reference perks.

All said and done, under certain loads, even the 460 would beat a laptop solution even at the 570m level. Load and temperatures can very well show average stable load, and overall practicality.

Hope that helps.

460 is the grandfather of the 500s series, and some are still reliable.

if you upgrade the PC, move to AMD and get low temp powerhouse while saving money.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]