Diablo® III

Quest for that ideal weapon! [complete]

As a vain gamer, I care about the way my character looks. Back in WoW that meant mounts, trinkets, doodads, archeology, and collecting transmog gear. In Diablo 3, there isn't all that much unique customization yet, except for some wings. But weapons have left me in a pretty annoyed place right now.

Currently I plan on using dual swords or fists, but have only been able to settle on swords due to availability. Personally I am looking for a 6 affix rare with the following rolls:

1) 10% ias
2) ~600 LoH
3) ~3% LS
4) Dex or CD
5) Socket
6) Lightning Elemental Damage

The main issue I have is that anytime I equip a weapon with Life Steal, the red glow always seems to over-ride the elemental graphic - like on my offhand right now. Anyone ever see a weapon where this didn't happen? I keep buying similar weapons with little luck. At least the combination is fairly cheap as sub 1k dps non-black weapons are usually overlooked.

If anyone can find something like this, let me know!

edit: Complete!
http://i.imgur.com/bUsfZEX.png

Had to give up the LoH and lower the dps limit, but have the two swords I wanted!
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 5/28/2013 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 07:47 AMPosted by Davlok
As a vain gamer, I care about the way my character looks.

I thought Monks should be using fist weapons or daibo?
You sir, sound like you need to wait for the itemization patch.
Reply Quote
Sure ill take a fist over a sword for lore reasons, but last time I checked length matters (why I don't use daggers!) kek

But really, lightning weapon graphic is awesome. Fire/poison/holy are much worse, but still ether than life steal -_-
Reply Quote
Does the read glow override the effects on a WKL? Seems like that would be the lightning fist weapon.

Can't get LS and LoH and Socket, but you can get the cool +25% Lightning skills bonus. If you're using FoT and SW,:Cyclone it's going to be significant whatever your other sillls.
Reply Quote
I wholeheartedly share your vanity views on weapon choices. My Monk has never worn a sword, because it simply doesn't look right. Daggers are cool, but I still prefer the look of a fist weapon (Heaven Hand and the likes of it being the best there is).

That being said, unfortunately you won't be able to get a hold of a LoH/LS weapon that doesn't display the red drippy effect. Sadly, those two affixes override all elemental effects on a weapon to the extent that even if it doesn't have built-in sustain, but you choose to socket an Amethyst into it, the red drip will kick in and obliterate whatever elemental outlook the weapon in question was sporting prior to the socketing.

The only way around that, I guess, is if you resort your LS to a Legendary fist of your choice, as these have fixed appearance, regardless of affix rolls. WKL looks awesome and totally complements another lightning-based weapon as it emanates a pale-golden sheen, reminiscent to the electrical surges that lightning weapons produce. Can't speak for the Fist of Az-Turrasq or the Crystal Fist, as I've never seen them equipped, but the Shenlong set is to be avoided like the plague, for the sake of any semblance of aesthetics. And who knows - maybe the new Inferno-grade lower level Legendaries will bring us a whole new array with good-lookers.
Reply Quote
Don't know how it happened, but I had a 2.3 LS sword with holy damage that had the holy graphics. It was a Conquest Sword.
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 02:41 PMPosted by mTeasdale
Don't know how it happened, but I had a 2.3 LS sword with holy damage that had the holy graphics. It was a Conquest Sword.

Let me know if you find one with lightning graphic! :-D

I wholeheartedly share your vanity views on weapon choices. My Monk has never worn a sword, because it simply doesn't look right. Daggers are cool, but I still prefer the look of a fist weapon (Heaven Hand and the likes of it being the best there is).

That being said, unfortunately you won't be able to get a hold of a LoH/LS weapon that doesn't display the red drippy effect. Sadly, those two affixes override all elemental effects on a weapon to the extent that even if it doesn't have built-in sustain, but you choose to socket an Amethyst into it, the red drip will kick in and obliterate whatever elemental outlook the weapon in question was sporting prior to the socketing.

The only way around that, I guess, is if you resort your LS to a Legendary fist of your choice, as these have fixed appearance, regardless of affix rolls. WKL looks awesome and totally complements another lightning-based weapon as it emanates a pale-golden sheen, reminiscent to the electrical surges that lightning weapons produce. Can't speak for the Fist of Az-Turrasq or the Crystal Fist, as I've never seen them equipped, but the Shenlong set is to be avoided like the plague, for the sake of any semblance of aesthetics. And who knows - maybe the new Inferno-grade lower level Legendaries will bring us a whole new array with good-lookers.

Yea, female monks poses aren't that good for swords. Plus we punch anyways with FoT at least. I'll probably transmog WKL when that feature comes available, but still like the normal rare lightning effect a bit more than the WKL one. "Useable" WKLs are way too pricey for me though. My current weapons cost 200k so I'd have to add a few zeros to afford a low dps LS/socket/% one.

I have a few fists saved up for the eventual transmoging set, and made a few pics for reference. Not too shabby, and I'm sure their model will be used if not actually used if they get ilvl 63ed.

http://i.imgur.com/RkobIAy.jpg
From upper left - clockwise: Demon Hand, Sledgefist, Az'turr, Logan's Claw, Crystal Fist, Rare Lightning Damage Heaven Hand.
Reply Quote
O_o I guess if the last post is deleted it shows the prev battle-tag instead.
Reply Quote
If a weapon has just one lifesteal attribute then it won't override the elemental damage graphic. Your offhand has loh and ls so it has the 'blood' effect. And if a weapon has no elemental dmg., i.e. one with 'black' damage only, then just one ls attribute will cause the blood effect. Also keep in mind that if your weapon has ias over 9% it'll have a bright glow graphic. This doesn't apply to legendaries, as Laurelynd pointed out.

I'm like you, Daviok. I also keep several sets of weapons--which I swap to complement specific skills--for their graphic appeal, and for how they complement my garb. Hey, a girl's gotta look good when preparing demon sushi, amirite? :D
Reply Quote
why you wear Tals chest if you like the way you look. Everybody knows if you wears Tals chest you're a 6 in looks.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Kojin
why you wear Tals chest if you like the way you look. Everybody knows if you wears Tals chest you're a 6 in looks.

I gave up, invisible dye looks worse. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933835095

If a weapon has just one lifesteal attribute then it won't override the elemental damage graphic. Your offhand has loh and ls so it has the 'blood' effect. And if a weapon has no elemental dmg., i.e. one with 'black' damage only, then just one ls attribute will cause the blood effect. Also keep in mind that if your weapon has ias over 9% it'll have a bright glow graphic. This doesn't apply to legendaries, as Laurelynd pointed out.

I'm like you, Daviok. I also keep several sets of weapons--which I swap to complement specific skills--for their graphic appeal, and for how they complement my garb. Hey, a girl's gotta look good when preparing demon sushi, amirite? :D

Hmm interesting, didn't know that about the high ias% glow. I guess everything I end up spending gold on turns out red -_-

Looking good will hopefully look better when we can actually dye legendaries. I still use a mediocre Hallowed Defender when bad packs show up. Best looking shield hands down... if it were black! (maybe)
Reply Quote
Well, finally found one with a blue-stormy/fire-graphic that has both LS & LoH... but it has Arcane damage...

Stats:
Arcane Damage, 11% ias, +821 LoH, 3% LS, CD 94% +31 min dmg
So I guess Crit Damage's or +31 min damage graphic was this effect?

http://imgur.com/NGDDvVQ
Reply Quote
I wish my pvp set i'm wearing now was effective for PVE - that !@#$ is sexy.
Reply Quote
Here's another double LS/LoH weapon with the correct Lightning graphic I prefer, too bad its a conquest and the dps is too low ; ;

http://i.imgur.com/SvTLYcC.png
Reply Quote
Lost all interest in playing until 1.08, but just buying more weapons with hopes of finding that lightning/ias/loh/ls/dex/os roll!

Holy Damage LS/LoH weapon with blue fire effect:
http://i.imgur.com/XOb1Hja.png
Reply Quote
Lost all interest in playing until 1.08, but just buying more weapons with hopes of finding that lightning/ias/loh/ls/dex/os roll!

Just wanted to stop by and say that I admire your persistence. My character's appearance is very high on the list of things to consider when pondering upon any upgrade, but I generally tend to stick with a fist or dagger only limitation, when it comes to weapons. Going to the trouble of customizing the weapon's elemental effect as well takes the aesthetics game to a whole new level.
Reply Quote

Just wanted to stop by and say that I admire your persistence. My character's appearance is very high on the list of things to consider when pondering upon any upgrade, but I generally tend to stick with a fist or dagger only limitation, when it comes to weapons. Going to the trouble of customizing the weapon's elemental effect as well takes the aesthetics game to a whole new level.

Yep, I'd like a fist as well since the lightning effect stays thru the punches vs swords that only show between fights... problem is the lack of availability probably due to the fact swords are much more profitable.

Yet another fail: http://i.imgur.com/WThbg2r.png D-;
Reply Quote
Sad.. a nice rolled Rune Sword showed up on AH with lightning damage, but got bid up too high due to being over 1k dps. If anyone on this forum wins it, let me know if its graphic! (200m with 8hrs left)

http://i.imgur.com/0WuSAlw.png
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]