Diablo® III

Two key runs on mp8, and NO key.

How come that this morning i got no key, 2 runs in a row. This happens to me all the time. Unless im doing mp10 , no key. I ended up doing 4 runs, 1 on mp7, and i only found 1 key. Thats 1 out of 4 , thats 25% drop chance. If mp8 is 80% chance, this shouldn't happen, especially in a row. It should happen 2 out of 10 times TOPS. I find it that is usually less than 50/50 chance on mp7 to mp9. I dont wanna do mp10, as its slooow and boring and tedious. Can you guys agree with me, or is it just me?? And looking for warden is boring too. Key warden should be in same place all the time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Do you know what chance is? If you do you will figure out how it's possible for something like that to happen. If you don't understand what chance means you probably shouldn't play a game like Diablo
Reply Quote
because unless its mp10 its not a 100% drop rate
Reply Quote
Key runs should take you 10 minutes. If it takes you much longer than that, drop an MP... It's a numbers game.
Reply Quote
It's playing the odds.

I got all but ONE key playing MP0 in no time (not even farming). Once I decided to farm the final key, it took me FOREVER.
Reply Quote
8/10
80/100
800/1000
8000/10000
80000/100000

Your sample size is miniscule. If you want a guarenteed drop, run mp10.
Reply Quote
In short, your RNG is giving you the s*** end of the stick.
Reply Quote
OMG, I was playing dungeons and dragons this morning and rolled a d20 twice. It came up 1 both times. Surely some evil force is trying to r@pe and burn my soul.

I guess on the Brightside, at least it did not roll 0 twice.
Reply Quote
lol

Honestly I feel bad for the OP, but then again it looks like he's just trolling the forums.

In case he's not, everytime you go MP8 you have a 20% chance you will NOT get the key.

And in case you didnd't know, every run is separate from each other.

edit. yes OP, you can go many many many times mp8-9 in a row and just hit that 20%-10% chance not to get the key. I'd say edit your post so it doesnt make u look that bad.
Edited by ZaPLaS#1243 on 4/9/2013 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
no matter how runs you do in a row, you can ONLY kill the KW ONCE every game, if your playing mp8 and you didnt get a key drop, thats just too bad cause your in the 20% no-key-drop zone, and so on for the next 2 or 3 tries....unless your playing mp10, otherwise you still have a chance landing on the no-key-drop zone every game. you shouldnt do your math this way unless you can kill the KW more than once in a single run.
Reply Quote
lol

Honestly I feel bad for the OP, but then again it looks like he's just trolling the forums.

In case he's not, everytime you go MP8 you have a 20% chance you will NOT get the key.

And in case you didnd't know, every run is separate from each other.

edit. yes OP, you can go many many many times mp8-9 in a row and just hit that 20%-10% chance not to get the key. I'd say edit your post so it doesnt make u look that bad.

damn your faster than me haha +1
Reply Quote
2 KEY RUNS NO KEY DROP ON MP 8!?!?! DATS IMPOSSIBLE, CALL DA POWLIZ
Reply Quote
Ok I have to ask...what are the keys for?
Reply Quote
here u go Jacara

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724/new-event-the-infernal-machine-10-15-2012
Reply Quote
Think of key farming like a 10 sided die that roll after each warden kill. The MP level you are in represents the numbers that are in your favor. In MP 8 you win if you roll 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8, but lose if you roll a 9 or 10. You can roll the die a thousand times and land on 9 or 10 each time, since each roll does not consider your last one. That being said, I farm keys in mp6 if I want to roll the die or mp10 if I don't. You can also join mp10 party that is in a later quest of the Act and go kill warden after you are done with party.
Reply Quote
10 sided die that you roll*
Reply Quote
I got the drop on the first try... so that means it drops 100% of the time? Whaaa?
Reply Quote
I've got two tickets to paradise.
Reply Quote
sounds like the time i found 2 keys in a row on mp2...
Reply Quote
=]
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]