Diablo® III

no class balancing in 1.0.8?? nerf WOTB already

they have had patch after patch to buff skills. are they doing it? heck no. patience is wearing thin. it seems like the only answer (if they are going to buff) is to nerf
Reply Quote
this first time i posted this, it was moved to PTR feedback. This post has nothing to do with the PTR i have never even played the PTR. This post is about the future of the game.

this is a major disappointment. The other changes seem good, except for the fact that the multiplicative NV bonus doesnt apply to mf and gf (this cant be right).

Alot of talk is going on about people not getting pigeon holed into having to do something.
Such as:
mob density changes so people arent forced into a3
item changes so people arent forced to use certain BiS
nerfed scorps so people dont have to farm them for xp

what about the worst issue.

everyone (seriously everyone) would be better off selling all their gear and buying a barb.

as far as bang for buck and even if all things were equal barbs are SOOO far ahead of other classes and its because of WOTB-thrive on choas. change it. please. its an obvious issue

I dont ever ask for nerfs but it has become abundantly clear that blizz is not going to buff the other classes to equal the barb. it would be easier to just nerf thrive on choas because 100% uptime CC immunity and buffing is just out of balance and game breaking. Things that break the game need to be nerfed. period

awwww the crybaby nerf barb posts are back .. stop being jelly scrub.

your account told me you are the scrub
Reply Quote
An easy example of the imbalance is smokescreen. Early on, it had no cooldown, so Demon Hunters were able to spam it and keep it up until they ran out of discipline. Blizzard though that was OP, so they added a short window after it's used to prevent it from being used again.

This can be compared to WotB in a sense. The skill alone is balanced around the fact that it has a short duration and a long cooldown. What makes it so strong is the fact that with a rune you can keep it up for much longer durations assuming there are enough enemies to generate the fury with.

For starters, I'd like to see them revert the duration of smokescreen back to 2 seconds base and 3 with lingering fog, and remove the cooldown. Or even just add a shadow power rune that gives you CC Immunity during the duration.
Reply Quote
Instead of nerfing everyone and everything they should just bring other classes up and add more MP levels.

Or if they absolutely must nerf it, make it so the base cooldown of WOTB is 1 minute and "Thrive on Chaos" can only extend it by 15 seconds. Now if you want permanent WOTB you have to take the passive "Boon of Bul'kathos", as well as reapply the WOTB ability when it runs out.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 04:58 PMPosted by lysergia
it seems like the only answer (if they are going to buff) is to nerf
No, it seems that for YOU, asking for nerfs is the only answer... you're alone in this. You didn't make your thread BUFF other classes, you made it "NERF WoTB already"... You should probably just leave this matter be. No amount of time on the forums is going to make blizzard react and change the game i'm afraid. That's what is sad about this discussion :(
Reply Quote
[quote="85683478757"]No amount of time on the forums is going to make blizzard react and change the game i'm afraid. (

exactly which is why it has come to nerfs. I already spent the past few months asking for buffs. what else left to do?
Reply Quote
An easy example of the imbalance is smokescreen. Early on, it had no cooldown, so Demon Hunters were able to spam it and keep it up until they ran out of discipline. Blizzard though that was OP, so they added a short window after it's used to prevent it from being used again.

This can be compared to WotB in a sense. The skill alone is balanced around the fact that it has a short duration and a long cooldown. What makes it so strong is the fact that with a rune you can keep it up for much longer durations assuming there are enough enemies to generate the fury with.

For starters, I'd like to see them revert the duration of smokescreen back to 2 seconds base and 3 with lingering fog, and remove the cooldown. Or even just add a shadow power rune that gives you CC Immunity during the duration.

WOTB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>old smokescreen

the comparison only makes me realize how badly it needs a nerf
Reply Quote
Increase the cooldown of serenity...it is OP. o.O

While you are at it, I feel like it is unfair that the TR build provides unlimited resources for constant donatello'ing. ^_^

lol, you dont know anything about the monk class do you?

TR doesnt provide unlimited resources. are you talking about tempest rush or WW sprint?

Before the TR build became popular, I used TR spirit regens on my monk to find elites and keywardens...yes, monk is the class that has the most hours for me, so I feel comfortable when I post about it...

Also, "serenity is useless" comment and saying that I know nothing about the class? gg

EDIT: It only makes you look worse as you have it in your build. Trolls will be trolls. If it's a waste of a slot, you must know nothing about the monk... o.O
Edited by CuRsEd#1583 on 4/9/2013 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
exactly which is why it has come to nerfs. I already spent the past few months asking for buffs. what else left to do?
How about not asking for nerfs? How about stop asking to make barbs less fun to play because you're upset that the other classes aren't as "OP" as you think. How about just playing the game? You just said you've been asking on the forums for MONTHS? I think you might need to take a hint, maybe it's times to move onto a new game. Nobody likes a QQ kid asking for nerfs on a game that has been nerfed to death.... I'm going to apologize for coming across as such a @!@!##*%, I just hate to see people asking to make the game less fun/ asking for nerfs. I hope you understand...
Reply Quote
View profile
04/09/2013 04:14 PMPosted by rizoh
All I hear from the OP is QQ. !@#$ and play the game. Stop caring so much about how to nerf and make the game less fun for other people you jerk.
Reply Quote

lol, you dont know anything about the monk class do you?

TR doesnt provide unlimited resources. are you talking about tempest rush or WW sprint?

Before the TR build became popular, I used TR spirit regens on my monk to find elites and keywardens...yes, monk is the class that has the most hours for me, so I feel comfortable when I post about it...

Also, "serenity is useless" comment and saying that I know nothing about the class? gg

EDIT: It only makes you look worse as you have it in your build. Trolls will be trolls. If it's a waste of a slot, you must know nothing about the monk... o.O

you saying that serenity is OP is what makes me think you hadnt played much monk. yes i use it when playing witha barb in order to keep up. feels like a wasted slot tho
Reply Quote
My accounts awful yet it has 30k less dps than the one you logged into? So you agree your account sucks too? LOL

EDIT: I also use dex hellfire ring and am only 30k dps off from that one 'OP' barb your 'brother' plays. LMAO, toooo funny.
Edited by Thunder#1826 on 4/9/2013 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 05:06 PMPosted by rizoh
How about not asking for nerfs? How about stop asking to make barbs less fun to play because you're upset that the other classes aren't as "OP" as you think. How about just playing the game? You just said you've been asking on the forums for MONTHS? I think you might need to take a hint, maybe it's times to move onto a new game. Nobody likes a QQ kid asking for nerfs on a game that has been nerfed to death.... I'm going to apologize for coming across as such a @!@!##*%, I just hate to see people asking to make the game less fun/ asking for nerfs. I hope you understand...

listen. you dont know the first thing about me. you cant even seem to understand that i would RATHER HAVE A BUFF. but the gd buffs have been coming every patch and every time makes 0 difference.

how about this. thrive on chaos works the same but you either give up the damage buff or the cc immunity.

im just being realistic. blizz would rather nerf 1 thing than buff a million things like the scorpion runs.

stop making this personal. there is no need for it. barbs will still be good with a MINOR adjustment to thrive on chaos
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 05:16 PMPosted by lysergia

listen. you dont know the first thing about me. you cant even seem to understand that i would RATHER HAVE A BUFF. but the gd buffs have been coming every patch and every time makes 0 difference.

how about this. thrive on chaos works the same but you either give up the damage buff or the cc immunity.

im just being realistic. blizz would rather nerf 1 thing than buff a million things like the scorpion runs.

stop making this personal. there is no need for it. barbs will still be good with a MINOR adjustment to thrive on chaos

You do know the scorpion nerf on reddit was an april fools joke right?
Reply Quote
Don't fret, I wasn't taking anything personal! Hence why I felt the need to apologize... But maybe you skipped that part :(
Reply Quote
My accounts awful yet it has 30k less dps than the one you logged into? So you agree your account sucks too? LOL

EDIT: I also use dex hellfire ring and am only 30k dps off from that one 'OP' barb your 'brother' plays. LMAO, toooo funny.

LMAO @ you bro. you dont understand much about this game or what im saying.

A) my bro is wearing an soj
B) hits the attack speed break point which you have ignored
C) dps doesnt mean anything
D) his account is a few weeks old

despite all that im not saying oh my god his gear is awesome. im saying the opposite. even with his gear he can solo mp10 ubers.

thank you for helping me make my point post after post :)
ill thank you on Veddy's stream
Reply Quote
Give it up. Blizz had a year to nerf WOTB as well as CM. Both are game breaking. They didn't have the will and conviction to do it. At this point its too late and pretty much everyone has accepted it.
Reply Quote

You do know the scorpion nerf on reddit was an april fools joke right?

facepalm

look at the recent blue post about it and the patch notes. scorpions are nerfed
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 05:18 PMPosted by rizoh
Don't fret, I wasn't taking anything personal! Hence why I felt the need to apologize... But maybe you skipped that part :(
\

that wasnt entirely directed at you, i sensed the apologetic tone so I tried to take that tone too.

Peace be with you my friend :)
Reply Quote

LMAO @ you bro. you dont understand much about this game or what im saying.

A) my bro is wearing an soj
B) hits the attack speed break point which you have ignored
C) dps doesnt mean anything
D) his account is a few weeks old

despite all that im not saying oh my god his gear is awesome. im saying the opposite. even with his gear he can solo mp10 ubers.

thank you for helping me make my point post after post :)
ill thank you on Veddy's stream

You did say his account was good so -1 to you.
DPS means a lot to be honest, what else is left to get in this game, nothing.
Hitting AS cap is pretty lame and SOJ... grats?
Account few weeks old, you said you gave him the gold aka still pretty damn lame for 720m. Anywho.. good luck on your future troll threads... i predict 2-3 a week?

EDIT: LOL, all the posts in which you said your 'brothers account' was good are deleted... fishy my friend.
Edited by Thunder#1826 on 4/9/2013 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]