Greetings fellow nephalem! As near as I can determine (search feature won't work) there is no centralized thread for legendary item suggests. It's already been said in the patch preview that the devs would like for items to 'feel' more legendary. With this in mind, let's use this space on the item sub-forum for some realistic, constructive ideas for things that we would like to see implemented.

To start: I think we can all agree that all legendary items should have sockets. I can think of no reason why weapons would not have sockets. But why not take it a step further? Why not have them on rings and ammys? Would it be too overpowered? Devs have said that legendary items should be stronger, so put your money where your mouth is... or in this case, your sockets where our items are. It's a small way in which we can customize our gear. It would also make it easier to acquire gear for our chars. That piece you're looking at doesn't come with primary stat? All good, just throw a gem in it.

Also, I would like to see an item that comes with +% to dodge, not unlike Helm of Command or Justice Lantern. And for the love of all that's good, please don't make it a two hand weapon or we'll be swimming in the tears of my fellow monks.