Diablo® III

Alienware vs ASUS RoG vs Samsung 7 Gamer ???

I'm in the market to buy a new laptop. I'm a writer, and when I'm not writing I'm playing D3.
I will be primarily using the laptop as a desktop unless I'm traveling.

Any preferences out there on system. Specs? Etc.

I would like to stay under $2k so that probably rules out the Alienware.

Any advice from any pro techs or gamers out there would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
i would suggest getting a desktop and then getting a samsung note 10.1 tablet. it lets you do your writing anywhere you want. then you have a full blown powerful desktop when you need it
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 06:31 PMPosted by drunkie
i would suggest getting a desktop and then getting a samsung note 10.1 tablet. it lets you do your writing anywhere you want. then you have a full blown powerful desktop when you need it

People who aren't "computer guys" buy gaming laptops. I'm a computer guy.
Reply Quote
Pay no attention to the kids giving you grief about asking about a gaming laptop. Yes you get more bang for your buck out of a custom build desktop gaming rig but when you're on a budget and need your gaming to be mobile you get the laptop. When these kids grow up and have to spend a few nights in a crappy little hotel room and their big bad gaming rig is back at home cause they can't pack it up and take it on the plane with them they'll understand.

I have a decent custom build too but i also understand the need for mobility

Alienware has become over priced crap since Dell took them over.

I'm very happy with my Asus Rog g53sx. It's a little heavier and bulkier than some of the others but it's got proper cooling. Consider a good headset. the built in speakers are lacking.

good luck with however you decide to go.
Edited by Lizard#1681 on 4/17/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Asus ROG all the way! Great keyboard layout for a laptop. Proper cooling. Best prices for the same specs compared to the Samsung and Alienware. Check Amazon for some great deals on them.
Reply Quote
buy a crappy netbook for typing up crap on...

if you want a gaming machine just get a small tower and pump that beast full of the good parts, ROG is good, but its almost like Alienware (not horribly overpriced but its getting there.) trust me desktops destroy laptops everyday of the week, and for a lot less.

Now I know someones gonna say a laptop is portable and go and list all the advantages that go with that, but you're building a gaming rig not some floofy carry it in your apple handbag POC. Do the right thing and build a desktop!
Edited by Hallze#1206 on 4/18/2013 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
rog is good, I have one
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]