Diablo® III

Blazing Guardian fire, too much damage.

I can't remember where I read "Don't stand in the fire" before...Oh wait, that's right, it's in just about every loading screen tip of every game ever that has fire.
Reply Quote
Seems to me people just don't like to die, LOL. FYI, there is always a repair bill, so quit whining, and in case you haven't noticed, there's a ball of fire that has to fly across your screen before it hits you, try moving away from it once in a while, that might help. P.S. watch out for that wall of fire too, it's brutal. LOL.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 08:37 AMPosted by CAUSTIC
there's a ball of fire that has to fly across your screen before it hits you

the across the screen part is really not accurate, its more like next to us
and the time to get out of the said fire is less than one second before you melt down :)
Reply Quote
The only mob I find completely unbearable at this point is the bloodclan occultists (i think there name.) When they are in an elite pack and they have more than one ground effect (ex, arcane, plague) I either end up dying from frustration chasing them, or I go on a five minute run around the map. I cant ignore them either because they shield everyone and make this freaking obnoxious sound while they follow me around. Personally there are too many @%@@@###! kiting minions in this game, but these guys are the kings of them.
Reply Quote
No more nerfs, please. If you want a cakewalk game, play MP0 and stop whining.

In b4 "challenge" people. Dieing in half a second is not a challenge.

It makes perfect sense to evade potentially deadly hazards. That's why they're there in the first place, to challenge your skills (or expose the lack of them.....). Step up your game and stop asking for a facerollable snoozefest. The game has already been nerfed to the ground thanks to lazy underachievers like you, anyways. If anything, there should be more of these in order to spice up what seems to be a boring treadmill.

People complain about something that could kill them, oh the horror! How on earth could one conceive a game that has a moderate amount of challenge? How about you start paying some attention to what's going on ingame instead of expecting to melt everything like butter with no challenges at all? The obsessive focus on efficiency some people have is simply laughable. Anything that could hinder their "progress" (using the word lightly) just a bit deserves to be nerfed, right?

Fire Guardians are overtuned indeed. Here's a few more oddballs I spotted:

- Plagued has been buffed from "negligible damage" to "health melting".
- Poison Flowers. You all know these lovable spammables! =P
- Heralds and their poison pool. The hit box is huge and you can't avoid the damage easily.
- Horned Chargers and their variants. They charge from off-screen, deal a lot of damage and can charge you even in melee range.
- Mallet Lords: The damage is spiky and it hurts, especially if you're melee and you have to get close. And the wind-up isn't doing much if they keep using that slam move. Add Elite Affixes in the mix and you're good to go.
- Fallen Maniacs/Lunatics: They come in packs and deal crazy damage. They also feel too binary at the moment. You either avoid/kill them or you receive huge damage. Either lower their numbers and their damage or make the explosion damage average (like the Grotesque explosion) and let it apply a modest poison dot.
- The Armor and Resistance debuffs are overkill. 50% Armor and 50% Resistances from the Succubus and Enslaved (?) Nightmares respectively is too much. This puts a huge dent in your defenses and they are spammed which means that dodging the curses and dealing with the enemies is at the very least, a total pain in the @$$.

I think people who pay attention and aren't horribly overgeared, can testify these observations.

I pay attention and i'm not horribly overgeared, yet i don't die often to these things. I accept the game can beat me once in a while, and that's fine. It would seem you just want a punchbag instead of a challenge that can hit back. Wonder why? Heck, i'm even playing what's alleged to be the most squishy class around (DH), yet i manage to not die, while seeing barbs dealing monumental amounts of damage whine because some elite pooped a green puddle under them and killed them. Again, oh the horror!

The biggest problem with the Succubi is that it's very difficult to dodge since it homes in and actually moves pretty fast

It seems to me that you have no idea what we're talking about. I'm all for challenge so long as it's reasonable. That's why I said "oddballs" in the beginning of my post because I deem those things as unbalanced. And if I wanted "punching bags" I would've played a different game altogether or ask for EVERYTHING to have 1 HP and deal zero damage. There are plenty of "hard" stuff that I feel are just right and can kill me if I'm not paying attention. Heck, I actually even want them to buff Unique Elites and give them exclusive affixes so that they're not complete pushovers. So no, smartass, we're not complaining that "the game can kill us! Oh the horror!"; we're pointing out what we feel is unbalanced, annoying or could be tweaked.

04/18/2013 09:46 AMPosted by LordDiablo
The only mob I find completely unbearable at this point is the bloodclan occultists (i think there name.) When they are in an elite pack and they have more than one ground effect (ex, arcane, plague) I either end up dying from frustration chasing them, or I go on a five minute run around the map. I cant ignore them either because they shield everyone and make this freaking obnoxious sound while they follow me around. Personally there are too many @%@@@###! kiting minions in this game, but these guys are the kings of them.

Argh.. Those guys are annoying and boring enough for me to want to skip them, even more so in Elite form.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 07:28 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
People complain about something that could kill them, oh the horror! How on earth could one conceive a game that has a moderate amount of challenge? How about you start paying some attention to what's going on ingame instead of expecting to melt everything like butter with no challenges at all? The obsessive focus on efficiency some people have is simply laughable. Anything that could hinder their "progress" (using the word lightly) just a bit deserves to be nerfed, right?

"People complain about something that could kill them, oh the horror!"
- Technically, every mob can kill us. We're focusing on why Blazing Gaurdians do more damage than Belial. I mean, why not have Blazing Gaurdians as the end-act boss if they're harder than Belial himself? It just doesn't make sense from a design point of view.

"How on earth could one conceive a game that has a moderate amount of challenge?"
- No idea what you meant.

"How about you start paying some attention to what's going on ingame instead of expecting to melt everything like butter with no challenges at all?"
- We never said this. Don't put words in our mouth or add between the lines.

"The obsessive focus on efficiency some people have is simply laughable."
- You just contradicted your last statement, and has no relevance, and I don't understand again.

"Anything that could hinder their "progress" (using the word lightly) just a bit deserves to be nerfed, right?"
- No idea what you're getting at here.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We’re looking to tone down the fire pool damage on Blazing Guardians in patch 1.0.8. The change should also make their damage a little more consistent, and make it easier for players to anticipate and react.
Reply Quote
I think that all damage should be removed from monsters, dying is not fun.
Reply Quote
How about we just remove all fire from the game? That should solve the issue.
Reply Quote
great, make it consistent but UP the dmg. Game is way too easy as it is.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Grimiku
We’re looking to tone down the fire pool damage on Blazing Guardians in patch 1.0.8. The change should also make their damage a little more consistent, and make it easier for players to anticipate and react.

Consider toning the poison versions too. Their damage is huge if they die right next to you: it would be nice if that damage happened over 3 or 5 seconds.
Reply Quote
I am pretty weak in terms of gear and I rarely die from Blazing Guardians. The only time I EVER get killed is if I am careless or get cornered.

It's silly to nerf a monster just because people cry about it. The Act 3 scorpion nerf? I get that.

This is dumb.
Edited by Bullfrog#1188 on 4/18/2013 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
With due respect, we don't need this nerf. Pay attention to what's happening in the game, it helps you to stay awake! How difficult it is to predict the outcome of the fireball coming your way??? Just get to the BG first before you kill the rest of the white mob around it, plain and simple. Who cares how much damage they do compared to bosses.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Grimiku

Sigh.... another nerf.

C'mon guys! At least leave the damage as it is now in Inferno MP 1 through 10.
Inferno is supposed to be a threat, the ultimate difficulty level. If you don't like dying in half a second, go MP0 or any other difficult.
Edited by Darkness#1980 on 4/18/2013 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The only thing in the game that still can give me any trouble are the blazing guardian pools mixed with plagued in MP10.

Don't nerf them. There has to be some content in the game that demands high defenses. There isn't enough of it currently IMO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]