Diablo® III

New Developer Journal: Multiplayer Improvements

The tags going onto PTR are Questing, Full Act Clear, Keywarden, and PvP.

How about farming? Doesn't 90% (self made stat) of the inferno population farm and not the 4 mentioned above?

How abut Uber for act 1?

You really want to do UBERs from matchmaking? Really?

he's probably overgeared and can carry 3 other dead scrubs in ubers on mp10..thats why he's so kind hearted to recommend an uber tag for matchmaking. because that would be the reality
Reply Quote
You can add tag "full act clear" but please.. add tags: "experience run". You remember game name in diablo 2? Like: baalrun03, baalrun04 etc.
we really need smthing what will giv us a chance to farm what we want will random players.

I know blizzard, that you want us to farm ALL ACTS. but you can not do this for us - you cant improve mobs density to make it profitable like alkaizers runs or anythink else. You just can not because you dont know how because it is almost imposibble.

Think about that.
Reply Quote
identify all YES

wheres the craft all gems or craft N gems?
Reply Quote
craft all will be too lol... diablofans.com
Reply Quote
I must admit, i didn't expect much from this patch. But this looks really really cool !!

No custom games, but tags.... thats a good compromise i think, since we'll never get a "lobby".
No own chatrooms like in D2, but own/private chats.... similar, maybe we can make it our "home channel" so as a clan or group of friends we dont have to invite each other and join it automatically on login?

ID all, coop impromevents, density changes.... archon change super awesome, finally coop!....

For me the best patch so far, ty !
Edited by Odin#1507 on 4/3/2013 3:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i really like changes that will be introduced in 1.08, especially those that improve co-op play, id all and monster density.

i do believe that itemization is more important, but i do reckon, that this is a bigger issue, that needs more attention and time.
Reply Quote
one thing i would love to see in the next patch as a quality of life improvement is the details section not having a scroll bar

there is easily enough room if you move the title to the top of the screen, and some minor reworking ... i mean there are only 5 lines to fit in!!

5 lines and we have a scroll bar...

urgh that just irks me. how does no one think . hey lets just make it all fit in one screen.

but otherwise looks good but really will depend on item changes to get me back into it
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 12:26 AMPosted by Forti
craft all will be too lol... diablofans.com
yes thx

Wyatt: Yes! Mob density is 1.0.8. The blog was focused primarily on multiplayer improvements but 1.0.8 also includes increased monster density for Acts 1, 2 and 4 as well as other features such as "Craft Multiple"
Reply Quote
This patch took you 6 months for 1.07. This shuld be done i 1-2 months.
Patch 1.08 in May.
6 mounths
Patch 1.09 in October
6 mounths
Patch 1.1 (pvp) - April 2014 ("We still don;t know how it should look like") or 1.1 will be out on the PS3/PS4 release date.

Blizz you should add new maps, new events, new random block to maps, new bosses, new challenges. Something that will be a challenge for players hard to complete for the begining true inferno in new zones.

Are you planning to remove bots form multiplayer games ??
Reply Quote
What is the release date for this game? With these improvements D3 finally looks about ready for an open beta test.
Reply Quote
custom tags would be the way to go..

I could make one called...

k2 spd run/trash mp10

people who would join this group would know exactly what I was looking for in my group.

There would be no confusion over where to go what mobs to kill what routes to take..
Edited by Setayn#1841 on 4/3/2013 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
custom tags would be the way to go..

I could make one called...

k2 spd run/trash mp10

people who would join this group would know exactly what I was looking for in my group.

There would be no confusion over where to go what mobs to kill what routes to take..

Right, along with the 4000 other tags for that quest.
Reply Quote
If they did have Custom Tags, it needs to be in it's own deal. Because there would be a ridiculous amount of tags, which means you'd rarely get anyone in your game. With multiplayer improvements, more people will start playing with their friends again so we should see more private multiplayers game where you can organize that kind of specialty run. They are just adding a PUBLIC game deal so that people can get in the right type of game quicker.
Reply Quote
View profile
04/02/2013 07:23 PMPosted by Zsu
6. Is there even a slightest chance to include, solely as an option, shared item drops? It'd be nice for friendly games, such as leveling a new character with help from a 60th level hero who finds tons of rares and legendaries.

You have that already. Said player can pick up the item and then immediately drop it and everyone else can pick it up. Current system just ensures you get first choice and your own drops.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Good looking update... you all are listening... thank you for that.

Buuuuuuuuuuut... I won't be back until Itemization and pack density are fixed... this is gunna be awhile... should I check back this fall!?
We don’t have a timeline yet for when our itemization changes will be implemented. Some of the changes are pretty substantial, so we want to make sure that we not only do them the right way, but that we incorporate most of them at the same time, because we know it can be super confusing and frustrating to players to have to constantly readjust to how the item game works.

The monster density changes for Acts 1, 2, and 4 will be coming in patch 1.0.8, however, and you’ll soon be able to test them for yourself on our upcoming patch 1.0.8 PTR. :)
Reply Quote
how about ask the devs round 2?
Reply Quote
Will patch 1.0.8 launch before september? 'Cause I totally want to enjoy it before school starts up again hahaha.
Reply Quote
View profile

Buuuuuuuuuuut... I won't be back until Itemization and pack density are fixed... this is gunna be awhile... should I check back this fall!?
We don’t have a timeline yet for when our itemization changes will be implemented. Some of the changes are pretty substantial, so we want to make sure that we not only do them the right way, but that we incorporate most of them at the same time, because we know it can be super confusing and frustrating to players to have to constantly readjust to how the item game works.

The monster density changes for Acts 1, 2, and 4 will be coming in patch 1.0.8, however, and you’ll soon be able to test them for yourself on our upcoming patch 1.0.8 PTR. :)

My first blue response!!! Yay! I knew you cared.... Ok, so density changes will be a great addition and soon... so that is great!

Items on the other hand, I can't wait for them.. but it will be a long wait for sure. Is it true that with the new items the game will be easier OR are you saying that the relative POWER of items will be roughly the same with new flavor? I've heard much clamoring about them being more powerful and how everyone wants to stop farming now that items will be better. My thoughts were as such...

04/02/2013 08:23 PMPosted by TheOneRaven
I doubt the items will be BETTER... they will be AS powerful as what you can find... I'd say DIFFERENT... is a better word... play away!

Does this seem correct as of right now V?

Thank you!
Reply Quote
wow. It never ends.....

we don't have a timeline...

we are working on it...

people rushed their way to lvl 60 and everyone sat at the end wondering what to do.....so...we had to implement new levels......

legendaries are boring. a handful of them are super powerful and 90% are a complete joke...didn't see that coming....

we are trying to find out how to make group play more appealing??

Aren't you guys responsible for arguably the most popular MMORPG ever created?

its 2012. why is this still such a mountain to climb???

Please. take your time.....
Reply Quote

You may not have a timeline (understandable), but based on the notion that "some of the changes are pretty substantial" you must have a pretty good description of what these changes will entail, since they can categorized by substantiality.

How about embracing transparency and sharing what those changes might be? Rational people understand that the list might (and probably will) change, so please don't be skittish because "people might get mad if we change what we said."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]