Diablo® III

New Developer Journal: Multiplayer Improvements

Blizzard Employee

We don’t have a timeline yet for when our itemization changes will be implemented. Some of the changes are pretty substantial, so we want to make sure that we not only do them the right way, but that we incorporate most of them at the same time, because we know it can be super confusing and frustrating to players to have to constantly readjust to how the item game works.

The monster density changes for Acts 1, 2, and 4 will be coming in patch 1.0.8, however, and you’ll soon be able to test them for yourself on our upcoming patch 1.0.8 PTR. :)
You may not have a timeline (understandable), but based on the notion that "some of the changes are pretty substantial" you must have a pretty good description of what these changes will entail, since they can categorized by substantiality.

How about embracing transparency and sharing what those changes might be? Rational people understand that the list might (and probably will) change, so please don't be skittish because "people might get mad if we change what we said."
Our recent Itemization Update goes into quite a lot of detail about the myriad of itemization changes we're considering, so I'd suggest reading through that particular development blog for more info if you haven't already. :)
Edited by Vaeflare on 4/3/2013 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You may not have a timeline (understandable), but based on the notion that "some of the changes are pretty substantial" you must have a pretty good description of what these changes will entail, since they can categorized by substantiality.

How about embracing transparency and sharing what those changes might be? Rational people understand that the list might (and probably will) change, so please don't be skittish because "people might get mad if we change what we said."
Our recent [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013"]Itemization Update[/url] goes into quite a lot of detail about the myriad of itemization changes we're considering, so I'd suggest reading through that particular development blog for more info if you haven't already. :)

I'm quite aware of that broad list of things that the developers are discussing around the office, but I was hoping that you might have gotten past the discussing phase since March 5th.
Reply Quote
Good looking update... you all are listening... thank you for that.

Buuuuuuuuuuut... I won't be back until Itemization and pack density are fixed... this is gunna be awhile... should I check back this fall!?
We don’t have a timeline yet for when our itemization changes will be implemented. Some of the changes are pretty substantial, so we want to make sure that we not only do them the right way, but that we incorporate most of them at the same time, because we know it can be super confusing and frustrating to players to have to constantly readjust to how the item game works.

The monster density changes for Acts 1, 2, and 4 will be coming in patch 1.0.8, however, and you’ll soon be able to test them for yourself on our upcoming patch 1.0.8 PTR. :)

Do you plan on making the itemization update on 2013 ?
Reply Quote

I'm quite aware of that broad list of things that the developers are discussing around the office, but I was hoping that you might have gotten past the discussing phase since March 5th.

Logged in just to support this. there is still not much transparency in this games development...even since "the man" has left the building. still waiting for this game to become "playable" so that I can try it again

Jumping on board with this one too... I read the comment and my first reaction was 'asking for a straight answer from blizz? HA'.... Why should it be like that? Most other companies I know (any I would buy from typically) are open about what they are doing, even if it doesn't please the player base, at least we know.

Clear example of this is Square-Enix, they posted a road map that was over a year long for a certain game, and changed it when they had too. Better than being in the dark.
Edited by Lightsworn#1437 on 4/3/2013 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Multi-player improvements sound great, as does increased monster density in I,II,IV. Thanks for your continued development of the game, Blizz.
Reply Quote
View profile

Do you plan on making the itemization update on 2013 ?
Doubtful.
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Shurgosa
its 2012.

couldn't agree more
Reply Quote

How about part 2 of the dev blog on this, answering some _hard_ questions and not just fluff questions? (that were already answered on forums before it) giving us zero new infomation ............

It went from "Part 2 next week" to "Soon"

Why are people still begging for Q&As? Just a waste of time... Disappointments.

My thinking exactly.
Reply Quote
LOL at the negative comments. Seriously why even post.

Looking forward to Farming with friends. Thanks for the Co-op changes. Couple of suggestions.

Tags: XP Farm, Legendary Farm, Key Farm (3 different types of play styles)

Group Bonus: One of the big things that makes it an issue for people to play with others are functionality bonuses that followers provide.

Consider adding: 1% Crit Chance per party member and 1% IAS per party member. This will give groups the benefits of basically having the scoundrel and the enchantress follower with a full party...that's a tough thing to turn down!

Great work and thanks for the continued support.
Reply Quote
Tags are a great step forward, my only complaint would be that they are basically what Blizz decides we group around, rather than letting a community build those itself (ie a system of creating your own tags).
Reply Quote
why devs refuse to make thing like we want they be?, we are the ones playing the game not them.
i dont understand the point of that, perhaps we dont know the faults of the game and they do, but we are the ones playing the game,why do you insist on making us using the same items, if you look around at the top tiers player and the wanna be top, they all use the same gear, even different class use the same stuff with different stats, like echoing,mempo,inna pants, lacuni bracers and same belt.
i dont blame the AH be the fault of that and that's just one side too look, even the game is poorly optimized, even with and i7 and a gt650 i got fps drops some times and the problem is gone when i mute the game, but ffs why i need to do that?, and the amount of time that you need to spam more monster in other acts is insane, 2 months!? wtf are you doing?, things like that make me wonder if they really care about this game, points that we "player" make clear to the dev team where:
-more items
-legs that can compite with the "buffed" ones.
-drops "usable"
-less bots
and that's all, its to hard to make that?, the game have almost a year, yeah paragon level was a nice stuff, but only that.
why there's an mf/gf cap?, even if i got 1000 of mf/gf still i would fin crappy stuff, soo what's the matter with that?.
Reply Quote
Need more buffs displayed.

Now.
Reply Quote
Identify all

While this is a welcomed addition to the game, why did you decide to make it seperate from the vendor (so now we have to go two places in town) and why a time scale (which I'd bet will be a slowed down time scale simliar to legendaries).

I'll see when the PTR comes out, but I just don't get the constant resistance to letting people get things done quickly and back to farming.

Why not just go to the vendor, thwack!!, start selling it off. If as you and others would say, it's only a few seconds to do it, and as such doesn't matter, then why have it at all if it doesn't matter? Remove the waiting and make it instant so we can get back to farming. An instant ID and speed lend to us finding items and not using the Auction house, which is what you and so many people want anyway.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 4/3/2013 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]