Diablo® III

New Developer Journal: Multiplayer Improvements

04/03/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Vaeflare
because we know it can be super confusing and frustrating to players to have to constantly readjust to how the item game works

Okay, two things:
1. What's with the abusive use of the word "super" by the Devs lately? It's super annoying and super juvenile. Somebody either has a midlife crisis and reverts to super cool juvenile language - or thinks we're all little kids.
2. It's either what the above quote says or: "because we don't realize that it can be super monotonous and infuriating for players to be stuck with the constantly same tedious item game forever".
May I humbly suggest that us poor players wouldn't mind being confused and frustrated in a good way by meaningful improvements. Also, the way the item game works needs massive readjustments anyway. Astound us! If you can.
Edited by Presence#2778 on 4/4/2013 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You know it does not matter what any or all changes are to this game there is always a Bi or Mo from someone. This is not directly pointing a finger to anyone. But man give it a rest if you don`t like the game move on, if you don`t like the Dev that is going move on, if you want to have D2 hey it`s still there (by the way i still play single on my comp) But please stop the constant i want, i need, if you don`t do this i quit, i`m not coming back until this gets done, omg your servers went down so i lost this 1 of kind never seen item. Play it, like it, or leave it. If you think you can develop a better experience then go to Kickstarter get some funds and make a run at it. There are suggestions and there is stupidity choose your poison.

Thank you
Reply Quote
Can a Blue plz answer this... Will you be making it so gem crafting isnt so tedious? I like crafting just as much as the next person but it takes way to long to craft a gem. Plz tell me in 1.0.8 they will be faster to craft. Thx for the response, if any. =D
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Mist3rHyde
Do you plan on making the itemization update on 2013 ?

lmao, i will say there's a chance, maybe 6mths later?
Reply Quote
it seems like good changes
however I would make the bonuses like 5%

10 cumulative % is too much imo

personnally I'd like more team oriented skills like the monk mantras or the barb warcry

and reducing the challenge in 4 players team ? why ?

don't see the point ! finding good people to play with that know how to play is also part of the fun

while you're at it why not an instant monster death button ?
Reply Quote
Lol, looks like the CMs started filtering the communities opinions to get a biased representation of this thread should look like. check out all the deleted posts. pathetic. the people behind the making of this game is a big contributor to what is wrong with it.
Reply Quote
Should have just updated D2 graphics, and saved yourselves allot of trouble.
Reply Quote
Conclusion:
A good patch which should have been implemented at launch along with brawling, however I will probably spend more time on Diablo when this patch goes live. Until then I am still sufficiently bored an aggravated with this antisocial video, unrewarding, currency sink of a video game.

This! Thank you!
Reply Quote
hay did you make is so i can search for a stone of jordan with hammer 5 or wol crit 7????
can i stop linking items in traid and typeing test ???????so i can see what it dose for me
Edited by Superdork#1457 on 4/6/2013 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You know it does not matter what any or all changes are to this game there is always a Bi or Mo from someone. This is not directly pointing a finger to anyone. But man give it a rest if you don`t like the game move on, if you don`t like the Dev that is going move on, if you want to have D2 hey it`s still there (by the way i still play single on my comp) But please stop the constant i want, i need, if you don`t do this i quit, i`m not coming back until this gets done, omg your servers went down so i lost this 1 of kind never seen item. Play it, like it, or leave it. If you think you can develop a better experience then go to Kickstarter get some funds and make a run at it. There are suggestions and there is stupidity choose your poison.

Thank you

You know alot of them are customers...they're not happy with the product, therefore they're complaining about it
A 'professional' company would deal with these complaints and answer the customer's concerns (note: doesn't have to be a result that pleases the customer) not keep them in the dark with hyperbole.

BTW side note...there has been PLENTY of suggestions if you care to look through the forums,
very few of which have been acknowledged since launch day. Itemization, from my memory was one of them.
Reply Quote
I like the changes in 1.08 however I would to like give a few suggestions to improve on whats being changed in 1.08

#1. Please exclude brawling from matchmaking tag options. Brawling has nothing to do with what act it has to be cos players can do brawling at any acts. By selecting brawling in matchmaking tag , it would be hard to find a game because the chances for 2 or more players selecting the same act, same chapter in that act for brawling is so slim. I suggest to create a brawling "act/chapter" which players can click on it in public game act/chapters list to join game which will take them to an empty map that leads to nowhere where there are a vendor for pots, a stash and nek the brawler. Talking to Nek would take u to scorched chapel map for brawling. It would make players finding games for brawling much faster and easier.

#2. I like the idea of combat icon in 1.08. However, it could be even better if players can know where goblin is by looking at the mini map. Most of time, goblins are located near elite packs and players only realized that there is a goblin nearby after going into combat with elites 1st. Usually due to too much skill graphics by players and elites in coop games and running speed of goblins, it is very hard to see where the goblin is running. Because every time when you encounter a goblin, you would stop what are u doing with mobs and start chasing the goblin cos the main objective is to kill the goblin 1st then continue with the elites packs later. However, it is hard to chase it if you can't see where it is running when some of your teammates don't know there is a goblin nearby and keep spamming the skills on mobs in your way cos they also can't see it (unless you take a few seconds to type in chat telling them "gob" but they still have to take another few seconds to locate the goblin among all the graphics with naked eyes scrutinizing), making the whole team fail to kill the goblin in time due to too much graphics on screen and lack of team attention. By putting a goblin label in mini map, it helps the whole team to know where the goblin is running and also prevents players feeling discouraged to join coop games after failing to kill a goblin in party. Whenever my party fails to kill a goblin, I would feel this party should go to a lower mp level, more team communication and coordination needed and maybe its better for me to solo because diablo 3 is all about hunting for treasures and treasure goblin should be the #1 priority in this game cos they don't appear all the time.

#3 The only item category in this game that does not have level 63 is potion. 12500 is too little without health bonus on gears. I hope blizzard can add level 63 potions in next patch.

#4 Last but not least, I think it would be better to make some modification to the combat cursor (make it blinks?) so that it can be easily visible during combats when there is too much graphics going on the screen. Some time , players find themselves attacking nothing but air when there is too much graphics on the screen in mobs.

I hope my opinions/suggestions can be taken into consideration by developers. Thanks for reading. =)
Edited by Daracon#1680 on 4/7/2013 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Itemization needs to be handled NOW. Not later. Not in 1.09 or 1.10 or whatever. Now. Why the devs are screwing around with other, far less important, stuff is beyond me.
Reply Quote
alerting others for the elites and goblins was like hearing the dinner bell go off.Nice improvement but is this goin to have an emblem or something above the elites or goblins?Could help u see em better in the storm of the battle.
Reply Quote
Does anyone see that you can add tags to matchmaking?

How many tags? Only 3.

That's really pathetic, why wouldn't they allow us to create our own tags?

Do these dev's not have brains?
Reply Quote
1. Another Potion Tier - e.g., "Epic" ~ 25k HP.

2. Legendary potion, drop rate ~ demonic essence - brown label - 75k HP, half the normal cooldown time. Call it, idk, "Elixir of Cain"

3. Legendary BoA follower items relevant to their backstory (i.e., "Tome of Jondar" - Templar Relic)

4. More slots for visible buffs. Why stop at 5? Arbitrary. Tons of room.

5. I would ask for more tabs in the stash but obviously you're waiting for EXP. Lame. And obvious.

6. Legendary Goblins

7. Additional Socketables is a must. A way for them to be "blank slate" when picked up, imbued with a class ability (random roll), making the socketable BoA but not necessarily permanently socketed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]