Diablo® III

Down for Maintenance

I did not know when I spent the $50+ for this game that there would be one day a week, every week that I would not be able to play the game due to maintenance.Wouldn't the middle of the night be a more preferred,customer preferred that is, than first thing in the morning. I'm pretty tired of it actually. Anyone else have the same issues?
Reply Quote
This has bothered me ever since the birth of WoW. It is what it is.

I must say though, that i find it extremely odd other companies can patch, restart, and maintain servers in time spans rangin from 1 minute to 2 hours. Blizz seems slow with their maint, just like most things they act on.

Just sayin.
Reply Quote
Agreed. I haven't played in months, but when I try to log on for the first time, the server is down for maintenance.

Obviously it's bad timing, but seriously Blizzard, get your act together.
Reply Quote
What is wrong with doing maintenance at night?? Seriously i dont get it.....Europe and America have different servers both could happen in the middle of the night give or take a couple hours for timezones....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
So how long is it usually down for?
Reply Quote
damn bro you posted b4 me lol
Reply Quote
You whiny little !@#$% go do something else for a couple hours. It has never been the entire day and it never will be. Its the morning, and its unavoidable. Make breakfast, go to work, go for a run, watch some ^-*!ing TV for all I care. Just stop crying over something that will never change and SHOULDN'T because its for your benefit!
Reply Quote
yeah. it's really annoying.

for anyone who says this kind of maintenance down time is ok, just imagine when google shuts down its servers every week for two to twelve hours. you get it, right?
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Sÿlak
Wouldn't the middle of the night be a more preferred,

You are not the only person in the world that plays the game. So whats in the middle of the night for you is in the middle of the day for somebody else.

You just needed something to complain about. Find something else do each week.

Free Tip by Sÿlak

Nicer version. Thanks Sÿlak ;)
Reply Quote
As long as the time is spent fixing things I don't mind.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 09:42 AMPosted by noahhova
What is wrong with doing maintenance at night?? Seriously i dont get it.....Europe and America have different servers both could happen in the middle of the night give or take a couple hours for timezones....

Aus/NZ have maintenance at the same time NA does because they share servers with us, which is unfortunate, their pings are through the roof.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569107812

That's maintenance starting at 8pm in Perth, that's during peak gaming hours.

The 5-11 am PST window is the least disruptive to both NA (most of us are in school/work on Tuesday during these hours) and NZ/Aus (they're mostly asleep).

Some people will still see heavy disruption depending on their individual schedules. I was a late night raider during Wrath in WoW and as maintenance tended to be done earlier in the night back then (maintenance started anywhere between 11pm and 2 am pst), it tended to hit me during my peak play hours, as well as eating up the entire evening for Aus/NZ players. It sucked, and I hated it, but it did still disrupt the fewest NA players possible. They've since started taking Aus/NZ into account as well, which has helped some.

The bigger problem with a set schedule is that it means that while the fewest players are impacted, you end up with some players impacted by almost all the maintenance, while others almost never see it unless maintenance is extended. But as long as the fewest possible players are impacted, that's what Blizzard will do...even if it means a few players see a disproportionate amount of disruption.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 4/9/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah. it's really annoying.

for anyone who says this kind of maintenance down time is ok, just imagine when google shuts down its servers every week for two to twelve hours. you get it, right?

No I don't get it. Do you own the company? Do you understand why they do maintenance? Comparing a search engine to a game server is not the same thing. I don't understand the differences, and neither do you obviously. You should become more informed before you have an opinion.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Sÿlak
Wouldn't the middle of the night be a more preferred,
You are not the only person in the world that plays the game. So whats in the middle of the night for you is in the middle of the day for somebody else.

They have different server regions, so no, there is not much of a time difference for players on their correct server region. The United States does not range in timezones but by more than a few hours.

In short, What's in the middle of the night for him will still be the middle of the night for anyone else in the US/EU/ASIA provided they are all playing on their correct server.

Nice try at being an !@#, 0/10 though for stupidity.
Reply Quote
so back to the middle of the night. so what about there workers up in the middle of the night. other time zones. the people in europe playing on this server china, brazil, new zealand. so whose is being done in the middle of the night. your just selfish and want them to do it on your time; when there are thousands out there with the same problems that dont care because they understand. i will however say, every weak come on now, every other weak or once a month would be fine. oh but wait they have to do it like that to fix the bug that people are nagging them about as fast as they can or their inboxes would be to full to keep up with.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i actuaally have work at 4 and wanteed to get some gametime in loser. i see you surfing the forums as well so please...
Reply Quote
It's annoying, but it is kind of a blessing in disguise. It basically tells me "Go outside!" in an unintentional passive-aggressive way.
Reply Quote
Maintenance for 6 hours... 1 more hour to wait now...
Reply Quote
Be glad there is maintenance.. leave it up and one day things go down for days or hacking becomes a bigger issue. Many reasons for it. At least they are keeping on top of things to put it that way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]