Diablo® III

Down for Maintenance

View profile
One thing I will mention though is that if maintenance has already taken this long, they are doing heavy lifting getting the servers prepped for 1.08 and the game will NOT be back up on time at 11am PST.

It is my experience (I have played every day since launch) that they either get done with maintenance hours early or an hour or two late. If by some chance they bring the servers back up on time, the AH database will not be done rebuilding yet.
Reply Quote
may be for the best if u always want to play on the net but hell we should have an option to play without logging in to battle net all the time just like d1 and d2
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Shdwflare
the default server for those people is the Americas, look where the stupidity is flowing from...

Australia is 2x closer to Asia than the U.S. If they are so thick that they can't pick the closer server region, then I stand by what I said. It's their own fault. People in Asia playing on US servers is just mind blowing.
Reply Quote
6 hours does seem excessive from an outside perspective. With the state of the game and all, their servers surely aren't operating at capacity.
Edited by NihilVerum#2118 on 4/9/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Personaly I'm glad I didn,t payd a $ for the game (got it for free since I'm a year sub WoW player). And I'm not paying anymore for any none MMo forcing me to play online despite the fact that I want to play solo.

I usualy spend 300$ a years buying game beside my MMO's sub but now I just want for the hacked version when a company try to force me to play online even if I want to play solo.

Sim City 5 already got hacked to be playable off-line now I'm just waiting for the crack.
Reply Quote
really. go have a kit kat.

a) did you buy the game on may15th?
b) were you not aware that game goes down for maintenance just like every other online blizzard game,. you had 4 weeks to get a refund if you objected to it so strongly
c) most mmo's have downtime/regularly scheduled maintenance
d) things WILL not change. accept or quit. part of it is because microsoft patch tuesdays are pretty much mandatory for a server reboot.
Reply Quote
66 Gnome Rogue
04/09/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Juilanne
I did not know when I spent the $50+ for this game that there would be one day a week, every week that I would not be able to play the game due to maintenance.Wouldn't the middle of the night be a more preferred,customer preferred that is, than first thing in the morning. I'm pretty tired of it actually. Anyone else have the same issues?

It's not down for one day of the week, every week.

Servers, that we all use, undergo service for a few hours once weekly. You don't lose a whole 24 hour period due to maintenance.

Further, the hours are as convenient as possible being early AM, not affecting the majority of people who do work but who find time to play mostly in the evenings.

I'm grateful that Blizzard doesn't just produce a game merely to leave it unsupported only to produce and sell the next and the next and the next.
Reply Quote
only if u logged into ur account otherwise was fine
Reply Quote
this downtime is long cause 1.08 is release and server being patch ~ usually its only 2-3 hours
Reply Quote
I'm surprised they need to shut down their production servers for so long every week. I know they have dev and test servers which they could open up to the PTR crowd. Oh well, I guess this is how they like to do business. I'm just sort of surprised that they treat this so differently than they treat their website (or how almost any company treats their website). At least the patches have improved many aspects of the game.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Neidbau
the default server for those people is the Americas, look where the stupidity is flowing from...

Australia is 2x closer to Asia than the U.S. If they are so thick that they can't pick the closer server region, then I stand by what I said. It's their own fault. People in Asia playing on US servers is just mind blowing.

The dupers and botters make more in the US than in Asia.
Reply Quote
Yea, the maintenance has just gotten more and more annoying.

As someone who only has certain times to play, those 5-8 times where tuesday morning was shutout really annoy me.
Reply Quote
View profile
04/09/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Neidbau

Australia may be "closer" in geographical terms to Asia, but from a network infrastructure standpoint they are "closer" to the US.

You are making yourself look really dumb right now broski.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Juilanne
I did not know when I spent the $50+ for this game that there would be one day a week, every week that I would not be able to play the game due to maintenance.Wouldn't the middle of the night be a more preferred,customer preferred that is, than first thing in the morning. I'm pretty tired of it actually. Anyone else have the same issues?

I play in the middle of the night, so I disagree with your preference. The maintenance time is PERFECT. Who wants to play first thing in the morning?
Reply Quote
Wouldnt you prefer them to do a maint once a week or them do it once a month with even more problems then they already have?

Seriously 3-6 hours out of the 168 hours a week is not that big of a deal.
Reply Quote
Hey guys lets complain about something that has been occuring for years.....yyyyyyeeeeeaaaarrrrrssss

Its not gonna change, move along.
Reply Quote
i love all the diablo games there the ONLY AND I MEAN ONLY GAMES I PLAY i have three computers to play all three d1 no internet d 2 no internet but d3 cant play without internet so why is that when the game is on a @#%& disc
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
so.. still waiting
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]