Diablo® III

What would you it take for you to play Hardcore?

I see this question thrown around a fair bit, and a never played Hardcore before I often get a little jealous as Hardcore players do have a point about the game being more fun and exciting. I see that, I want to play it but dont.
So to the random guy who asked in a random post what would it take for me to play Hardcore, I thought about it for a long time and what it would take for me to play Hardcore is this:

- Lag, obviously this is a huge issue, coming from Aus I always play with 200 ping. Personally I can't recall a situation where I've had a softcore death due to lag, but still, I just don't want to risk it when I potentially have hundreds of hours at risk

- New Characters. Given the slower pace of Hardcore, I cannot face levelling a character from 1-60, I just cannot, it's enough of a pain powerlevelling as fast as possible, slowing this down would literally kill me.

- The attention needed. I'm a fairly casual gamer, I don't get to play that regularly and when I do it's to relax. Most complaints about HC are answered by Hardcore players basically the same. Be prepared and be on your toes.
I've spent about 300 hours on Diablo. Most of that was in a slumber. I feel like to be successful in Hardcore I'd need to be 100% awake and alert all the time and on edge. To me this defeats the purpose of video games, if I felt that good I wouldn't be playing video games to begin with.

I'd love to hear if I am the only one that feels this way, or if the HC crowd can offer some suggestions, I would really love to play Hardcore, to me it's like going back to the first month of playing Diablo when everything was new and exciting.
Reply Quote
Offline Play. Then I'd give HC a shot.
Reply Quote
HC is a really nice community for most part, it isn't lag you got to worry about its DCs that you have to worry about. If you're lagging and getting hit by something, 90% in a public game or a game with friends, your friends will help you survive. It only takes about 30 hours or less to go from 0-60 on hardcore untweaked. If your failing a sleep while playing diablo softcore, is it really fun? You really don't have to be on your toes just play lower mps and take it slower and have fun.
Reply Quote
I've been playing HC since vanilla d2 1.08, to me the gameplay requires a little more thought and situational analysis. Sure rerolling sucks but there is a sense of acomplishment in clearing higher mps . Also the economy has always been more stable since there is actually an item sink ( hc chars dying)
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 04:42 AMPosted by Joey
HC is a really nice community for most part, it isn't lag you got to worry about its DCs that you have to worry about. If you're lagging and getting hit by something, 90% in a public game or a game with friends, your friends will help you survive. It only takes about 30 hours or less to go from 0-60 on hardcore untweaked. If your failing a sleep while playing diablo softcore, is it really fun? You really don't have to be on your toes just play lower mps and take it slower and have fun.

But as a casual player 30 hours is 10% of my playtime, and by going slowly I wouldn't be at the level I am now.
Playing Softcore is monotonous, hence the falling asleep, but I still die on MP0 out of the blue, I could not imagine dealing with burrowing leapers with a fast/teleport/Jailer/waller Combo. That scenario is a tiny fraction of my playtime, but to deal with it I need to be looking out for it 100% of the time.
Basically having to play safely would cut down on my efficiency, which would reduce the fun I have.
Ideally I'd like a mode where you can just start your characters from Level 60.
If Hardcore had that I'd gladly play it.
Edited by Mifkin#6968 on 4/10/2013 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]