Diablo® III

Which Is Your Favorite Change Coming in Patch 1.0.8?

In order:

1 - Mob Density
2 - Multiplayer buffs
3 - Archon Buff (made me create a Wiz)
4 - Party Guide
5 - ID All
6 - Multiple Crafts
7 - AH Tooltips
Reply Quote
Unfortunately I can list one only - Monster Density
Reply Quote
Yes, because when someone talks about something, IT HAS TO BE COMING THE NEXT WEEK otherwise it's just wasted time, right?

/sigh

Don't be ridiculous.

The community at large has made it clear that itemization is essentially the number one priority.

So, along comes a developer post admitting that they are aware of the issue and are going to be fixing it. Then, when the opportunity comes to do so in a freaking patch (this is what patches are for pal), they completely ignore it without so much as a "hey, we know we told you that we are working on it, but we couldn't get to it in this patch, but we promise it'll be in the next one" etc..

Basically, a simple acknowledgement that they are still keeping itemization in the pipeline would have gone a long way towards soothing my growing anger.

That's really all there is to it, now you can go play your good-guy routine for someone that is buying what you're selling.
Reply Quote
A lot of changes are coming in 1.0.8 that we think should make your time in Sanctuary just that much better.

How much is "that" much then.
If it is this much || then you are probably right.
Edited by Cyber#2945 on 4/11/2013 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I didn't see on the list Blizzard making "rares" actually rare and when a legendary drops to get that feeling, wondering what awesome item has just dropped.

This is my (reasonable) wish list...

goblin elites
wandering merchants to have a small % to sell legendaries
bring back invulnerable minions
elite worms after popping a corpse exploder
chosing some of the stats when crafting an item
bring in halo-like skulls, exploding corpses
Reply Quote
I'm sorry but all of these "improvements" shouldn't nead a PTR, just implement them! I'm by far no POE fanboy, I maybe played 5 total hours and couldn't really get into it because IMO the combat is years behind and I enjoy D3's much more.. But POE implements updates constantly! I know there's a specific post about how POE updates more frequently and better than D3, but c'mon already..I understand POE is still in beta (and technically so is D3), but these minor adjustments don't need to take so damn long to implement.. Nothing in this patch is game changing or going to make anyone mad, your not doing itemization, your adding small improvements and monster density..Who is going to complain about that? So just add it in already! Stop asking what we like most about it, AND DO IT!
Edited by Knightmare#1922 on 4/11/2013 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Multicrafting, I guess.
Mob density adjustments have been a long time coming, too. A lot of people are looking forward to that =)

One the whole, though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still very disappointed. Wizard got some (admittedly necessary) changes, and Barb got an (also necessary) fix for their fear bug. But I expected adjustments for DH at the very least, and likely WD as well. I keep holding on to my DH's gear (that which isn't useful atm for the monk) in the hopes that there will be an udpate to the patch notes, but I think I may be better off selling it and properly gearing the monk for now.

I think I'm just a little disheartened, having spent time, even as far back as release when Monks and Barbs were bugged, advocating for fixes and balance adjustments for every other class (like wizards with their nearly nonexistent proc rates after they got hit by the nerfbat over and over and over) when they've been in bad shape. It seems like the issues with my own main class are being ignored and pushed back for later. I never really complained about all the nerfs to DH, with the exception of Trail of Cinders ending up as weak as it had been before it was decided it needed buffed in the first place. Many of those nerfs were necessary and appropriate at the time, and I understood. But since then, every other class has seen significant improvements and now we lag behind. Our state of balance (particularly where it relates to our skill damage) is appropriate to an older state of the game, and we need an udpate. Heck, even an acknowledgment other than Lylirra very helpfully passing along a great DH feedback/discussion thread to the devs would be nice.

No class should have to spend more gold to earn less gold (due to inefficient farming) than other classes. I'd say the same, and have said the same in the past, for any other class which is significantly behind. I'm not saying DH should be the best, I'd be okay with it being the worst as long as the gap is narrow, perfect balance is just not possible and I don't expect that. The gameplay is enjoyable, but significantly less efficient farming is an issue in a farming game where players are expected to trade.
Reply Quote
none because itemization still sucks.. I thought the new itemization changes were going to be in 1.08?? guess not tho so guess ill find something else to do for the next few months.
Reply Quote
Monster Density big time followed closely by Identify All the multiplayer bonuses. I have a couple friends from work that I like to group with but solo'ing was over all proving to be more effective for us given our playstyles but I'm hoping that changes now. I just enjoy getting my squishy friends killed too much (though our mage likes to see how long he can freeze uber Siegebreaker while he squishes me).
Reply Quote
Smoke and mirrors folks, that's what we have here. Keep em thinking were gonna change it up and then we will drop the x-pac on the fools for $60. Come on devs get back at that cash cow now they're looking the other way. No more freebees for the wretches.
Reply Quote
  • Buffed MF for multiplayer games (should've been in there since Day 1 in my opinion, but whatever)
  • Monster density increase in Acts 1, 2, and 4
  • Crafting multiple gems (I'm sick of making gems 1 at a time until I get to Perfect Star quality... that's AT LEAST 20 presses of the Craft button... 19 of which were totally unnecessary)
  • That's about it.

As for the itemization patch, I pretty much expected that taking at least 2 or 3 patches since that involves changing the whole dynamic of the drop system. Would still have been nice in THIS patch, but whatever. I got something to look forward to.
    Edited by MimSiE#1669 on 4/11/2013 8:27 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    1,08sucks,nothing is interesting, AFKing
    Reply Quote
    [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425564/public-test-realm-patch-108-notes-4-8-2013"]A lot[/url] of changes are coming in 1.0.8 that we think should make your time in Sanctuary just that much better.

We'd love to know: Of all the changes coming in 1.0.8, which is your favorite?

let me see...
    DemonHunteD huge 200% bloody ludacris absurd needed damage/skill buffs? doesnt check

Itemization rework? doesnt check.

More areas/stuff to do/discover that actually reward you somehow? doesnt check

Skill points or something to customize my character significantly and give more value to paragon levels? doesnt check.

More legendaries options? doesnt check.

Mystic/blacksmith upgrading items? doesnt check.

Decent pvp? doesnt check.

JEEZ BLIZZARD, THATS A HELL OF A GOOD QUESTION.

Agreed... The "changes" are just a couple of quick-fixes like ID-All, craft-All, Game Tagging, small % tweaks... Only decent change is the monster density on acts.

Too bad it doesn't address the real problems like: 0 game challenge, 0 play reward, terrible itemization, even worse PvP system etc. It's still better to play AH/RMAH than the actuall game since the one and only goal is to aquire as much gold as possible.
    Reply Quote
    monster density IF you will make more mobs then now are in ptr
    Reply Quote
    let me see...
    DemonHunteD huge 200% bloody ludacris absurd needed damage/skill buffs? doesnt check

Itemization rework? doesnt check.

More areas/stuff to do/discover that actually reward you somehow? doesnt check

Skill points or something to customize my character significantly and give more value to paragon levels? doesnt check.

More legendaries options? doesnt check.

Mystic/blacksmith upgrading items? doesnt check.

Decent pvp? doesnt check.

Pretty much agree with all of the above.

I don't understand why they talk about itemization, and then do absolutely nothing to address it in this patch.

But, as anyone that's played any Blizzard game can tell you, pretty much everything we say goes in one eyeball and out of the other in terms of actually getting our feedback addressed. They'll make whatever changes they damn well feel like, but they'll definitely make it seem as if the "community" dictated the direction of those changes.

Give me a break.

i believe the way it works is how i saw it spoken about by a blue on the WoW forums, a team is working on each patch, so one team is working on 1.08 and another on 1.09 and 1.1, however, they're approaching this the right way, you get the little fixes out of the way and work on the big issues that need more time and commitment for a big update, hence why it wouldn't be coming in 1.08...
    Reply Quote
    Monster Density and ID all,,, Please add more monsters and elites. Some areas in all acts need more elites and monsters.
    Reply Quote
    Now act 3 feels a little empty in some areas :D
    Reply Quote
    I like how it will automatically post in chat when a player engages an Elite, however can you please add the time this message was posted?

The Auction House tool tips will save a grip of time if you are able to implement this.

Monster Density buffs are obviously welcome but I feel the only Act so far that was nailed is Act 1.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]