Diablo® III

Do legendaries drop anymore?

I play MP3 Alkaizer runs about 2 hours a day when I get off work. March 30th was the last time I had a "legendary" item drop and it was a key from the keywarden.

Is anyone else noticing a severely reduced drop rate or have I just got really bad RNG? Granted I have never gotten a legendary that I could sell but it was fun none the less to hear the ping and see the brown light. Made me feel like something happened that play session.

It's really disheartening and since it's been so long I have forgotten that these items are even in the game. Anyone else get caught with a bad run of RNG?
Reply Quote
just got 2 on the same map in weeping hollow PTR mp10. but RNG is RNG.
Reply Quote
I got 5 yesterday.
Reply Quote
I got 2 yesterday running breached keep/stonefort.
Reply Quote
i got 2 wizardspikes yesterday....
Reply Quote
I play mp10 about 6 hours a day and I haven't found anything good in a while. And I haven't found anything worth anything in months.

I even found a mempo... and it rolled reduced level requirment.

It seems like all the things I find that have a potential to be worth anything roll ultra !@#$ty 100% of the time now.

Things are definitely worse than they have ever been....
Reply Quote
only if it is in dubstep
Reply Quote
What is your magic find?
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 09:11 AMPosted by SeverusSnape
only if it is in dubstep

hahahahahahaha

thanks man, I needed that...

made me think of the Awesome "Key and Peele" dubstep sketch...a must see :)
Reply Quote
I usually find 3-4 junk legendaries a day. Oxymoron?
Reply Quote
I went a month w/o a saleable legendary doing Alk runs with Max magic find in MP 5 (500%).

But yesterday I read a post where someone said they were making good money on ALk MP1 runs so I tried it and guess what -- an Echoing Fury I quickly sold for 500K dropped. Not a big deal but I found it ironic my first saleable Leg in a month dropped in MP1:-)
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 4/17/2013 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ran act 1 keywarden at mp 7 the other day. Did 6 runs in about 45 min, got 6 keys, 2 set items and 5 legendaries.

Note: This is not typical of my RNG luck...
Reply Quote
got like 15 yesterday.. today about 10. sooo.... yeah they still drop. at least for me they do.
Reply Quote
Just found both of these 15 minutes ago:

Where? Keeps 2
MP? MP5
Multiplayer? Yes, with one other friend.
Five Stacks NV? Yes

What kind of enemy? Fallen Maniac
What item? Blackthornes Chest

Where? Same as above

What kind of enemy? Champion (Skeleton I think)
What item? Tal Rashas Helm
Reply Quote
You are having a streak of bad luck. Play through it and you will start seeing legs again. To help improve your chances when you play be sure you're ready when you sit down. Have your drinks and snacks close at hand, use the bathroom, be well rested, don't play hungry (it's a distraction), stay focused on killing and farming not standing in town or sitting on the AH.
Good hunting.

edit:grammar.
Edited by Kiefin#1246 on 4/17/2013 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
RNG is RNG...
Reply Quote
Perhaps your low kill counts are the cause of your low drop rate? Low kill count = less loot found.

On what profile do you play 2 hours a day?

I have 60 hours on my monk... he is paragon 50.... nearly double the level of your highest character. Either you are playing and not killing things, or you aren't actually playing as much as you think you are.
Reply Quote
I went a month w/o a saleable legendary doing Alk runs with Max magic find in MP 5 (500%).

But yesterday I read a post where someone said they were making good money on ALk MP1 runs so I tried it and guess what -- an Echoing Fury I quickly sold for 500K dropped. Not a big deal but I found it ironic my first saleable Leg in a month dropped in MP1:-)

Well my monk which i can do mp3 with pretty okay, can 1 shot almost all the non boss/certain elites in mp1 runs are much faster

faster runs = more loot
more loot = more chances for a leg/set
Reply Quote
Got 3 yesterday within 3 hours of play.
0 today after around 3 hours of play.

I was going to create a thread using this as proof that drops were fixed but I guess this thread will do.

Seriously though, there's been no meaningful differences.
I've found 1 legendary drop some weeks and around 30 on others.
It's all part of the RNG in my opinion.
Reply Quote
Got 5 Mighty Weapon's today. Check out my thread!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569310517
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]