Diablo® III

If you think using rmah to farm mp10 fast is smart

90 Orc Death Knight
Think again, cause you will realize that nothing drops on mp10, even when it is farmed very fast. You will eventually realize that nothing drops at all via farming. Every item rolls so bad, & that the best dropped item is negative 18000 damage loss (this is the best you will ever get for months and months).

So you spent all this money to farm mp 10 fast, and nothing even drops. So what now?

Options:

1. USE RMAH AGAIN, IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET UPGRADES.
2. KILL MONSTERS IN DIABLO 3 JUST FOR THE ENJOYMENT IN KILLING THEM, NOTHING ELSE. THIS ENJOYMENT WILL NOT LAST LONG BECAUSE YOU PRACTICALLY NEVER GET REWARDED WITH GOOD LOOT.

Edit: Honestly, I think I have a really really high expectations or standards................. for my gear. I want everything to be perfect godly godly rolls that make me crap my pants.
Edited by Banksownus#1123 on 4/17/2013 9:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
My original post has nothing to do with me and it is more of an "advice" or a "tip" (for people thinking about using the RMAH). My barb is pretty much in the top 10-5% in the world. But it is all from GOOD drops that dropped A LONG TIME AGO (3 months and earlier approx).

My original post is talking about farming now and farming within the last 3 or so months.
Edited by Banksownus#1123 on 4/17/2013 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
still dont know who the good gear on ah is posted by? its posted by players clueless to the game, seems to me. then its scooped up by the players who know the game and re-sold or used/re-sold. after so many hours I would think you would know.
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 4/17/2013 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
when I am looking for a piece of gear and I see all those awesome pieces I cant help but wonder. why haven't I found even one? I farm and farm but nothing. how do people get the great rolls on the stuff they find? seriously I'm at a loss.

The same reason other people found Zod's and you didn't in Diablo 2.

With this many people playing, there is bound to be a ton of gear. If you keep playing you will eventually find something good, but it's just much faster to use the AH.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 09:43 AMPosted by Wxmyjnsn
when I am looking for a piece of gear and I see all those awesome pieces I cant help but wonder. why haven't I found even one? I farm and farm but nothing. how do people get the great rolls on the stuff they find? seriously I'm at a loss.

They kill a LOT more monsters than you do. There's something like 22000 paragon 100 players, compared to your paragon 61 and 33. Remember that it's about paragon 75 that you're halfway, not 50 (in terms of total XP needed).

It really is just a matter of stacking as much magic find as you can to increase your odds and then killing as many monsters as possible to get a lot of rolls with those increased odds. If you were paragon 100 and capable of killing 500 elites per hour on MP10, good items would be falling like rain.
Reply Quote
I feel bad for people that buy the best gear at the RMAH. They will never find enough items to make up for what they spent, and they will never find any upgrades.

The game has no point anymore.
Reply Quote
I found my boots and shoulders!! I was using pants I found almost identical to mine but I see ones with 40 more Vit for cheap.
Reply Quote
Hey op, im gonna tell you a secret.... don't tell anybody about this... but... the items you buy through AH... are being dropped (or crafted) INGAME to other players... If you can get an upgrade from the Ah, and more upgrades to that upgrade, that mean you can get an upgrade by farming. Also, you need to know what kind of gear do you have. Its easy to have the best gear(or nearly) and say "you never get an upgrade" or not use the AH, and reach to inferno with 6k dps, in that case you will find upgrades so much easily....
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 09:43 AMPosted by Wxmyjnsn

Because gear is recycled in the game for all eternity. There is nothing to take it out of the system. There's no telling how long ago that item actually dropped. If you think about it in another way;

- consider all of the time that everyone who has played diablo has spent farming for items
- consider the number of "awesome" pieces equipped on characters and on the AH. Depending on how high your definition of "awesome" is, this number could vary.

Divide the number of "awesome" pieces by the integrated number of hours of all players farming. I can't even imagine how ridiculously small this number probably is.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I just quit Diablo.

edit: essentially what I've just described is something like the drop rate of legendaries/set pieces combined with the distribution of affixes and stats on those items. The probability of finding a good one (in terms of the upper level of D3 economy) is astronomically tiny. It just seems like it's not because every one that has ever appeared in the game is still there. A fantastic way for blizzard to give you false hope that you will ever actually get one, and hence, continue playing.
Edited by davinci#1690 on 4/17/2013 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 11:03 AMPosted by davinci

Because gear is recycled in the game for all eternity. There is nothing to take it out of the system. There's no telling how long ago that item actually dropped. If you think about it in another way;

- consider all of the time that everyone who has played diablo has spent farming for items
- consider the number of "awesome" pieces equipped on characters and on the AH. Depending on how high your definition of "awesome" is, this number could vary.

Divide the number of "awesome" pieces by the integrated number of hours of all players farming. I can't even imagine how ridiculously small this number probably is.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I just quit Diablo.

edit: essentially what I've just described is something like the drop rate of legendaries/set pieces combined with the distribution of affixes and stats on those items. The probability of finding a good one (in terms of the upper level of D3 economy) is astronomically tiny. It just seems like it's not because every one that has ever appeared in the game is still there. A fantastic way for blizzard to give you false hope that you will ever actually get one, and hence, continue playing.

Wouldn't you divide the total number of hours by the number of items? Giving you the number of hours needed to get an "awesome item"? It's a very interesting thought. If the data was somehow available and it turned out to be some obscenely high number like 100+ hours or something that would be very disheartening. If it was 500+ or something that would be criminal. That would equate to Months and months of playing for 4+ hours a day just to get one "awesome" item. At my current salary that would mean I'm investing somewhere between $2,500 - 12,500 worth of time to get a single "awesome" item if you can even find one in that amount of time. Pretty thought provoking. Seems like a very very small reward for the time investment.
Reply Quote
So Herpes you got all your drops legit but made a post not to use RMAH and seem quite angry about it. My contradiction alarms are going off. You bought your stuff dint u!
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Zoid

They kill a LOT more monsters than you do. There's something like 22000 paragon 100 players, compared to your paragon 61 and 33. Remember that it's about paragon 75 that you're halfway, not 50 (in terms of total XP needed).

It really is just a matter of stacking as much magic find as you can to increase your odds and then killing as many monsters as possible to get a lot of rolls with those increased odds. If you were paragon 100 and capable of killing 500 elites per hour on MP10, good items would be falling like rain.

The main issue with what you said is that I only see p100 players talk about how many brimstones they find a day.

The p100s with billions of gold got there from ah tycoon 3, not farming. Farming got them the 200m to start flipping.
Reply Quote
Freedom of choice.

Player A:- I wanna grind 10 years to be godly.
Player B:- I'll RMAH and be done with the game in 6months.
Player A:- You ruin my game! Blizzard RMAH is evil you ruin my fun!! They have all quit!!!!

Especially in a single player ARPG, why the !@#$ would I want to grind gears for 10 years?

Get over it already .....
Reply Quote
some commonsense please. if your gear is already 90% then 99.99% of the time, anything you pick up is rubbish.

if your gear is already perfect. then 100% of whatever you pick up is rubbish
Reply Quote
I feel bad for people that buy the best gear at the RMAH. They will never find enough items to make up for what they spent, and they will never find any upgrades.

The game has no point anymore.

They are mad they can't make money after the tried to "(iii)Use the Auction House as an investment vehicle." Lulz.
Reply Quote
better to just go work at a grocery store part time or something. you make like 100mil gold/hr
Reply Quote
there are a bunch(more like thousand) GREAT farmers in game. if u not one of them then most likely u are our target consumer. so unless u up ur game or get super lucky, be sure u that 1b item sells will never come to u.

not being an elitist jerk, just stating facts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]