Diablo® III

About being able to change acts within a game

I have read previously that changing acts while in game would take a lot of time consuming programming changes and had a quick idea. Not sure if you are able to do this, but cant you add the option to a waypoint to have it quit the game and reenter in the next act keeping all our buffs, group, etc? It would add an enormity to the game because right now it seems really linear and a little small. Also with this if you could have the option to take out all the cut scenes or basically take story mode out it would add to the replay value. Hearing the same story over and over really gets old fast and makes me feel like I am doing the same thing over and over (even though I am :)). I think this would add a certain largeness to the game that it currently does not have. These are seeming small and maybe unimportant, but it would really do a lot for me.

Anyone else?
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 04:51 PMPosted by mas
I have read previously that changing acts while in game would take a lot of time consuming programming changes and had a quick idea.

Not sure where you read that :P

04/17/2013 04:51 PMPosted by mas
Not sure if you are able to do this, but cant you add the option to a waypoint to have it quit the game and reenter in the next act keeping all our buffs, group, etc?

Would it be done any other way? :D

People have been saying this for a long time. We should be able to travel from act to act using way points just like D2. No reason not to. And, yeah, take out story mode... all bosses should be up. I should be able to make a game, clear all the zones in which ever acts I choose... and if there are few bosses I want to kill, them too. I hate having to "follow the quest ling"....boooooring!
Reply Quote
Yet another huge leap backwards with the decision not to have this already in the game.
Reply Quote
Indeed it may have been a step backwards, but I wonder if they can fix it. It's a pretty big thing to be IMO
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]