Diablo® III

New Firebats are awesome!

Jibikao, yeah Plague of Bats is in a much better place than all the other runes. Even CoB.
Reply Quote
Just made a 38sec MP10 Ghom kill using CoB WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by Gooze#6814 on 4/18/2013 11:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How does that compare to Bears?
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 11:14 PMPosted by JangBahadur
How does that compare to Bears?

Best I did with bears was 68 secs..... so....!!!!!
Reply Quote
Yeah just tested it. 1min with CoB, 4+ with bears. With enemies who stay there and take the hits, CoB pwns!
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 11:27 PMPosted by JangBahadur
Yeah just tested it. 1min with CoB, 4+ with bears. With enemies who stay there and take the hits, CoB pwns!

Nice :)
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 11:27 PMPosted by JangBahadur

Quick question, is CoB affected by ZK's slow time bubble? Or do the bats whirl around just as quickly? Did you try Plague Bats?
Reply Quote
I'm excited to get on PTR and test this, they did state that FBs wasn't being designed to replace ZB but to give an alternative is different situations so some people might find that ZB are still very good for them.

For me I can already channel PB at 99 mana using PtV and gain mana so at 66 mana it will be so easy for me the initial cost wont be an issue, I can already use PB to do MP10 so now it will be a dream come true for me.

I believe Direbats and Hungrybats are still being tested and fixed don't worry I'm sure they will be altered damage wise too.
Reply Quote
Btw from what I remember, cob damage bonus was additive, so +100% damage, not 2x damage. Can anyone confirm?
Reply Quote
I´m so sad that I can´t test these changes. For some reason, PTR blocks my account (live works) and even changing my password doesn´t help.

Anyway, here´s the mechanics of Cloud of Bats and Plague Bats.

CLOUD OF BATS
1st tick = 234% / 2 base damage
2nd tick = 234% * 1.2 / 2
3rd tick = 234% * 1.3 / 2
etc.
10th tick = 234% * 2.0 / 2

The above is how it works on live. The tick frequency is (30/aps). So now on PTR it should be 250%->300%->325%->350%->375%->400%->425%->450%->475%->500% per tick, which is pretty sick.

04/19/2013 01:44 AMPosted by aerial
Btw from what I remember, cob damage bonus was additive, so +100% damage, not 2x damage. Can anyone confirm?

multiplicative on live, can´t test on PTR

PLAGUE BATS
One stack does 270% damage total on live. At 1.00 aps, the duration of the stack was 5 seconds (10 ticks). The higher your aps was, the less ticks you got, but the total damage stayed 270%. So with more aps, you only applied 270% faster. Here´s the exact mechanics.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568377461?page=4#61

Plague Bats is a very unusual channeling DoT that also stacks. It should be no problem to get 5 stacks within 1-2 seconds. So now with the damage buff, you´re looking at 2890% damage over 5 seconds at 1.00 aps.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 4/19/2013 1:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It seems you're right, that explains really surprising mp10 ghom kill time results. I'm getting fantastic results.
WIth ptv, 5 stacks of feast and voodoo, i got 8mil damage ticks..

Still doesn't change, that skill is extremely vulnerable to cc elites though. Need to find way to counter that. If we get interrupted not only we lose our bonus damage, but also skill cost applies again.
Edited by aerial#2212 on 4/19/2013 2:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Another thing to test would be if it snapshots your buffs (most channeling skills do) - although there´s not much you could snapshot as a WD other than gruesome feast and a few other things, which isn´t going to help much if you kill the target and/or you have to adjust your positioning. And to counter CC, you have spirit walk which doesn´t interrupt the channeling, but it doesn´t solve vortex and jailer, I guess...
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 4/19/2013 2:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, if you could snapshot spirit walk state?
But in terms of beating mp10 boss kill records, snapshotting 5 stacks of gruesome feast is ridiculously powerful mechanics.
Not sure how about paranoia, it is debuff so probably doesn't count.

Problem with cc is, that even after spirit walk, when it expires, you get immediately feared or knockbacked (since elites don't have it on cooldown). I'm thinking, maybe use of minions would help here, pets get cc instead.
Reply Quote
Ok guys, I just logged of PTR testing.

At about 185k DPS, CoB timing for Ghom MP10 is 1m14s. I was quite surprised that vampiric bats and plague bats were "useless", since Nubtro's research shows that plague bats should be returning higher damage after the 5 sec stabilization.

Skills that do not interrupt the channel: SW, SH, Horrify.
Skills that stop the channel: BBV, SB, ZC, Haunt. (didn't try the rest)

One good thing about this patch is the buff to pets indirectly. For example, I cast Horrify (100% armor), then summoned my 3 super dogs, with the Fierce Loyalty and Blood Ritual passive. Due to the added armor and regen, none of the 3 dogs died while tanking Ghom MP10! This means, after Blizzard fixes the thorns damage in a future patch, pets can very well be a viable build. By extension to this findings, players who prefer BM, JF, Zombie Handler, can all find their niche build to support their pets.

As in previous patches, I was disappointed by the Fetish passive. Seems that none of them proc'ed, or they died the instant they proc'ed because I did not see any running around. Did someone mention that FS procs very well with bats?

In another test, I used a total gear of 1288 LoH without LS. Died miserably to Ghom (face tanking without running around). Terrible proc rate for CoB.

If this PTR goes to the live server, CoB can provide alternative DPS, but as written in the Blue post, it's meant to be played in co-operative mode where someone else is doing the tanking. It also does not solve the problem of needing to avoid the frost and ground effects.

My view is that the bats are much better than previous patches, but still get an overall fail in terms of design concept. So ironic that WDs need to get in melee range for the main skills that can work -- SH, Bears, CoB, and in the case of CoB we still need to maintain that channel without moving. Best part of the irony is Monks get to TR while channeling, and Barbs get to move around the map while doing damage (both melee class), and WDs must hold ground and control the bats! LOL to Blizzard design team. I wonder if they really know their game.

At best, this alternative is meant for Ubers only, and not really for going around the Acts.
Reply Quote
update:

Hex + CoB vs Kulle mp10 is like taking candy from a baby!

yes the indirect buff to pets via new BR + FL seem viable in high mp but giving up a passive just for that is just a shame :(
Reply Quote
Cloud of bats damage starts at 500, and then I think it ticks up to 1000.

Try tanking MP10 ghom with plague bats, I died after a couple seconds.

With CoB in full channel I don't even need to look at the screen.

I assume the difference is from the massive ammount of ls that I was getting from 1000, vs 578%. If it was only ticking up to 600, I doubt that would make a difference between 600 and 578 either.
Edited by Chris#12904 on 4/19/2013 3:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I assume the difference is from the massive ammount of ls that I was getting from 1000, vs 578%. If it was only ticking up to 600, I doubt that would make a difference between 600 and 578 either.

Maybe it's CoB 600% vs Plague 270%. Because Vampiric is just as bad, despite the 2.5% LS.
Reply Quote
It must be 1000 because of better times I'm getting vs ghom than from bears. If skill was 500% it would be no match.

Btw, plague of bats, what kind of dps is possible with this skill, during long encounter. If I channel this for let's say 10s, do we get 578% per second?
Reply Quote
Thx Blizzard for make our WD little better :) to be more proud of him and enjoy playing more.

I like these changes and are welcome!
Reply Quote
BR at 2% = another 1k regen for me.

-borat very nice-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]