Diablo® III

New Firebats are awesome!

It must be 1000 because of better times I'm getting vs ghom than from bears. If skill was 500% it would be no match.
Btw, plague of bats, what kind of dps is possible with this skill, during long encounter. If I channel this for let's say 10s, do we get 578% per second?

Cloud of Bats achieves max damage on the 9th tick. Its scaling is 30/aps. So let´s take for example a Ceremonial Knife with a Witching Hour and Inna/Lacuni = 1.40 aps * 1.18 = 1.652 aps

floor (30 frames / 1.652 aps) = 18 frames per tick

I´m not sure when the initial tick occurs, but each subsequent will happen after 18 frames, so you get 60/18 = 3.33 ticks per second while channeling the skill.

As I said in my previous post, each tick deals half of the tooltip damage, the second deals 20% more than that and subsequently get boosted by 10% each tick (first one is base - 250%), afterwards *1.2, *1.3, *1.4 etc. up to *2.0 so

250%->300%->325%->350%->375%->400%->425%->450%->475%->500%

Back to our example at 1.652 aps. The 9 ticks after the initial will take 9*18 = 162 frames = 2.7 seconds. After that you´ll be dealing 500% * 60/18 = 1667% weapon damage per second.

That is quite amazing, to say the least. Too good to be true, actually. Again it sucks soo much that I get blocked from PTR, otherwise I´d test to make sure.

Now Plague Bats. At 1.00 aps, you do 270% per stack over 5 seconds = 54% weapon damage per second. Channeling this, getting five stacks, you´d do 270% damage per second. At 1.652 aps, the 10 tick duration (5 sec) would change to 6 ticks (3 sec), so you´d be doing 270 / 3 * 5 = 450% damage per second while channeling with 5 stacks.

Now take the same situation, just with 578% instead of 270% and you get 963.33% damage per second at 1.652 aps while channeling.

EDIT: would anyone be willing to make a simple Cloud of Bats PTR test as I can´t?

Get a white weapon with the lowest damage and damage range you can get. Take off all +min and +max damage slots you have and only equip one +minimum damage jewelry piece so that if you add the +min to the min value of the white weapon, you get min>max (the game will use min=max). This way you only get one damage value.

Write down the new min weapon damage and your intelligence value. Now use the skill and tell me what number you see ticking after the 9th tick.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 4/19/2013 4:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My set has 1.34 aps, and from few tests on ghom, I was getting significantly lower damage than cloud of bats.
Healing was nice though.
Reply Quote
So I guess vampire bats weren't invited to the party?

-Sad Panda
Reply Quote
aaaaaaarrgghhh!!!!!! awesome!!!!!
Reply Quote
Here some test run, not much luck involved as I got only 2 globes for 8 dogs:

14,07s Mp10 ghom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJiawnoYswk

With 5 stacks snapshot.. and some good crit rng, this gear would allow to kill under 10s imo.
Also haven't used PtV. Maybe with perf helm with reduction it would be possible.
Edited by aerial#2212 on 4/19/2013 5:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@nubtro

used:
axe 9-16
ring +25min only

new min 9+25=34
int 2208

white dmg maxes @3914 at around 4s by just counting off, i know i know not very scientific :)

*also took off all elemental damage (boots+amu) if that makes any difference let me know.
Reply Quote
Sorry I was blind.

34 * 2208 = 784.72

that is 100% weapon damage

3914 / 784.72 = 498.7%-498.9% weapon damage per tick

I guess it´s not exactly 500% but still...you´re looking at roughly 1000% damage per second at 1.00 aps and more the more aps you have. Biggest WD damaging skill, right?

500% weapon damage each (30/aps) frames with the lowered mana cost is insane. It´s kind of tough to make the skill work as it takes almost 3 seconds to get to that with 1.652 aps. It should melt ubers much faster than bears, that´s for sure. Other than that, you need some sort of stun on packs...

Anyone can tell me what the PTR tooltip mana cost states for Firebats?
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 4/19/2013 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think I've been this giddy in a long time.

If this change sticks, it changes me from "meh" into amazing, and I already have bats items I hunted down ages ago.

Yipee!
Reply Quote
Here some test run, not much luck involved as I got only 2 globes for 8 dogs:
14,07s Mp10 ghom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJiawnoYswk
With 5 stacks snapshot.. and some good crit rng, this gear would allow to kill under 10s imo.
Also haven't used PtV. Maybe with perf helm with reduction it would be possible.

You did 130 million damage in 10.5 seconds with Cloud of Bats...holy crap.
Reply Quote
Can someone do an aps to mana cost breakdown( how much mana regen and bat items you need to maintain a certain aps) for plague and cloud. Maths isn't my strongest subject. Would like to see plague esp. since it is more usefull as main damage
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 05:59 AMPosted by Kinesiology
Can someone do an aps to mana cost breakdown( how much mana regen and bat items you need to maintain a certain aps) for plague and cloud. Maths isn't my strongest subject. Would like to see plague esp. since it is more usefull as main damage

I'll just use me as an example.

Bats channel costs = 66/sec
Bats channel PtV cost = 85.8/sec

If your APS was 1.5 (which is what mine is around), I'd need 99/sec or 128.7/sec respectively.

At 1.5 APS, each -10 Bats cost reduction reduces the Mana per second cost by 15 (since you cast it 1.5 times per second). So with 2 -10 Bats items I could channel PtV Bats nearly indefinitely if I'm running Honored Guest (it'd reduce the Mana per second requirement to 98.7).

I did the math last night. Turns out I only lose like 8 Mana per second when I channel.

Edit: This is also ignoring things like Blood Ritual or Spiritual Attunement, which would further reduce it. I actually did the math with a Skorn last night, and it's actually cheaper for me to use 1h/Mojo than Skorn, Mana wise. Interesting, eh?
Edited by GamerObscura#1236 on 4/19/2013 6:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 05:59 AMPosted by Kinesiology

Tell me what the PTR Firebats tooltip says about mana cost. On live, it says 98 mana and it scales as follows. Half of tooltip mana per tick at a 30 / aps frequency. This roughly translates to mana cost per second = tooltip mana cost * aps.

[quote="85678009096"]
At 1.5 APS, each -10 Bats cost reduction reduces the Mana per second cost by 15 (since you cast it 1.5 times per second). So with 2 -10 Bats items I could channel PtV Bats nearly indefinitely if I'm running Honored Guest (it'd reduce the Mana per second requirement to 98.7).

The problem is that on live, a visage of giyua for example with -12 Firebats mana cost only gives you -6 on Plague Bats and only -3 on Cloud of Bats. I posted this as a bug, but maybe it works as intended.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 4/19/2013 6:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thx Gamer
Reply Quote
^ mana is 220 to cast and 66 to channel
Reply Quote
I really wish this skill was more useful in real game (elites/trash), not just static dps tests. Really hard to utilize it with limited range, and channeling, which can get easily interrupted. Elites with knockback for example, are huge pain (not even kb affix, but base monster type with knockback).
Reply Quote

[quote]

The problem is that on live, a visage of giyua for example with -12 Firebats mana cost only gives you -6 on Plague Bats and only -3 on Cloud of Bats. I posted this as a bug, but maybe it works as intended.

Herm. Interesting. I'm copying my character over to PTR right now and I'll experiment a bit.
Reply Quote
GamerObscura you need a recording program.

Put Firebats on your keyboard and then leave the cursor over the mana globe to test (skill can´t be a mouse click as clicking over a globe doesn´t use the skill). Then just start the recording and hold down the button for a few seconds. Afterwards view the recording and write down the mana globe responses.

Don´t be fooled by mana globe regenerating. The game regenerates 1/10 of you displayed mana regeneration each 6 frames.
Reply Quote
So far from my tests, grasp 80% slow works better than zombie dogs, as combo with bats at mp10.
In party with cm wiz, i think cloud of bats > bears, unless you kill really fast, so "windup" of bats will be a factor. They are easier to aim clumped packs, low mana cost, and simply higher dps.
Reply Quote
Nubtro, I do. Sadly I'm on a horrible computer right now. haha.

Fastest I've been able to down MP10 Ghom, with my lowly DPS, was 58 seconds.

PtV, Spiritual Attunement, Blood Ritual. The Mana loss is so negligible that you might as well not even say I lost any. The only reason I got low was because of BBV. Going to try with Grasp of the Dead on top of that damage next.

Edit: Don't think I can sustain casting any other skills on top of PtV CoB without substantial more Mana Regen. Not if I want to keep BBV up, at the very least.

Edit 2: Tried using Plague Bats. No where near as much DPS.
Edited by GamerObscura#1236 on 4/19/2013 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I had to do the Mana regen timing very crudely, but it should be fairly accurate considering how long of a sample I was able to gauge.

The Numbers
1. At 1028 Mana I was able to cast Cloud of Bats and channel it for 235 seconds.
2. I have 101.25 Mana Regen with Spiritual Attunement.
3. I'm running Blood Ritual, so I should be at 85% of base Mana costs for casting and channeling.
4. I'm running Pierce the Veil.

Channeling cost of CoB should be 72.93, given my passives, before Bat reduction gear. Channeling cost per second of CoB should be 110.1243, given my passives and APS. Initial cast cost of CoB should be 243.1, given my passives, before Bat reduction gear.

If the Bat reduction gear gives the full amount, initial cast should cost 223.1, and each channel should cost 79.9243. This could not be the case, as I should have gained Mana, not lost it, over time.

If I assume that the reduction on CoB is 1/3 of the total amount, as stated by Nubtro, each channeling per second would cost 10.066 Mana less, or 100.0576 Mana per second. This also cannot be the case, as I still lost Mana, and such a scenario would have me gaining, not losing, Mana.

Interesting. I'll run some other numbers.
Edited by GamerObscura#1236 on 4/19/2013 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]