Diablo® III

New Firebats are awesome!

Dire Bats would be around 471% after the buff.
Vampire Bats would be at 385% weapon damage after the buff (like base).
Hungry Bats would deal 748% weapon damage after the buff.

Note that in case of Dire Bats, they would have to adjust the mana cost as this is the only rune that´s not really channeling anything, It´s currently just floor (60/aps) * 228% weapon damage per big bad traveling bat. I´d say they have to find some sort of balance. 66 would be too low for the damage output, if I compared Dire Bats to let´s say Zombie Bears, around 95-120 mana would be appropriate.

Yeah. Direbats probably won't be as high as 471% as it is a very spammable piercing AoE. No other class has this high spammable range aoe attack. Maybe 250%ish or something but again, Plague Bat will still be useful in a lot of situations because Direbats can't pierce Wall.

Hungry Bats definitely need to be high as it's only ST attack. It needs to look at Rapid Fire's damage output for sure.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 4/19/2013 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Now I can't wait for the update. Did a test run in act 1 mp10, and even with a weaker 4.7 leech from Skorn I was able to face tank elites in weeping hollow easily.

Another sustainable high damage attack option is what we've been begging for and we got it this patch (albeit with bad range). Better cc options would be nice, but I'm just nitpicking now. This patch can't come soon enough now.
Reply Quote
Very good i like this buff for WDs. I used to run with Firebats build and i loved it and now i may be able to do higher mps :)
Reply Quote
Sorry I couldn't do more number crunching! All of my testing was done at work at a really terrible computer. Haha. It's very well possible that there was some frame skipping in my video fiddling.
Reply Quote
yeah!! test this on PTR bats rock!! glad I bought perfecet 6Cri 14manaregen 12FB reduction VoG(hoping one day FB gonna get buffed :D ) way before this happen. Now my FB can cri up to 1.3mil better than ZB. FB reduction gears price gonna be skyrocket!!
Edited by Autarch#1541 on 4/19/2013 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
just searched FB SoJ, decent one goes to 300m-500m range nearly perfect roll goes up to 1b,
and VoG 6cri 12mana 12FB B/O at 1.7B LoL
Reply Quote
View profile
2 weeks ago there was a perf rolled skull grasp on there for 100 million BIN. 6cc, 7as, -9firebats, int roll, of course.

damn i wish i'd had the gold at the time...

looks like the ring and helm i have right now were a good buy at the time too!
Reply Quote
There must be someone on the Dev team that has a personal interest in seeing bats do well, I can remember at least 2 other buffs or changes to bats.
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Jibikao
Damn.. my WoS build suddenly can't clear faster than Plague Bats.. ugh.

Jibi you just need a combo build with both!

I'm thinking of finally using bears, you know- to be contrarian in the new era. Lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
yeah, i did bats before it was cool! i wanted to be different, now all the posers are doing it!
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 12:03 AMPosted by MrMojoRisin
yeah, i did bats before it was cool! i wanted to be different, now all the posers are doing it!

Know what you mean. ;)
Reply Quote
View profile
you back, man van?! come on back mate! firebats! like we wanted it to be!
Reply Quote
Nah bro. Still cruise here every now and then and throw 2 cents here and there, but I have to admit my desire to log on just doesn't exist.

But the new changes to Bats are a little surprising, to say the least. Think CoB is a no-brainer for Skorn, but PB will lend itself better to a one hand set up. Have to say the idea of putting Bears in the mix certainly appeals...
Reply Quote
View profile
i'm just going to keep my build i was already using! i just got a major upgrade out of nowhere!
Reply Quote
For sure. The one thing that never seems to be discussed is play style. If yours supports the changes, more power to you.
Reply Quote
Guys, any recommendations for a good build to try in ptr with the amazing new bats?

thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Damn guys now I'm all fired up! :D

Loved bats before buff, I wonder what it will be after? :DDD

btw when the patch goes live, any ideas?
Edited by Romeo#2275 on 4/20/2013 2:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I take it stutter step bats is dead? I found myself often chasing down monsters with CoB because of the little bit of knockback in my kit as well as anything that just likes to kite you..
Reply Quote
Using CoB it`s nice and it does lot`s of dmg.But what it`s interesting about it is that you can use it without any Fire bat mana reduction.
I tried to buy some from AH but when i saw those scores damn useless and very spicy to and i have prof of that to
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569150867

Of course it`s nice to have that kind of items will help some but see how Ptbrulz manages without it and mana is not an issue for him.Great job Ptbrulz!
Reply Quote
Check out this Mp10 ghom kill - 7.5s anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gehsVsOR1-Q

Note that this isn't as simple as it looks, some strategy involved there, charging up cob before ghom walks into it is part of it (dat scoundrel blind :D). Anyway, 18.3mil dps. Even best barbs can't do it that fast.
Edited by aerial#2212 on 4/20/2013 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]