Diablo® III

New Firebats are awesome!

is no one talking about vampire bats? It's the one thing I am fired up for, considering I don't use an LS main weapon.

Right now I intend to sit at 300k dps and stack a very good amount of EHP and run vampire bats over bears with no other changes to my build (grasp of the dead over vengeful spirit, however). I figure most mobs I don't need to kite so that initial cost won't be much of an issue while the channeling will be nice.

I've thought about that myself although it will accompany my Manajuma's carving knife (930, OS, 84%, 3%). I'm not sure how much I'll be able to tank but I don't want to be getting killed a lot, so running with 5.5% LS rather than 3 should be pretty valuable for me.

At your extreme DPS though, I'd be worried about killing myself with that much leach against Reflect. At 5 charges of Gruesome Feast you must be monstrous.

guess imma find out soon!

EDIT: I think I might be using the new improved Blood Ritual passive instead, actually. For solo play
Edited by Rakimallah#1875 on 5/6/2013 11:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
looks like the original dmg buffs will make the final patch

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1746-patch-108-datamined-info-blizzcon-scheduled-game-maintenance-05-07-2013-full-ptr-patch-notes-roundup/

!@#$ wait to get outta act3 for moar crappy loot! yay!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following areas now have a chance to spawn a very large group of monsters:

Dalhgur Oasis
The Weeping Hollow
Fields of Misery
Desolate Sands
Howling Plateau
Black Canyon Mines
Reply Quote
That's is very good news!
I really appreciate the research posted in this thread.
This should be one of the thread permanently stick in the forum.
30mins to go before the server come up with the new patch..can't wait..

looks like the original dmg buffs will make the final patch

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1746-patch-108-datamined-info-blizzcon-scheduled-game-maintenance-05-07-2013-full-ptr-patch-notes-roundup/

!@#$ wait to get outta act3 for moar crappy loot! yay!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following areas now have a chance to spawn a very large group of monsters:

Dalhgur Oasis
The Weeping Hollow
Fields of Misery
Desolate Sands
Howling Plateau
Black Canyon Mines
Reply Quote
Sadly, once people find elite density wasn't changed, they all gonna go back to vota to at least get decent demonic essence drop :(
Unless you like farming zombies in a1 for brimstones.
Reply Quote
Just tested vampire bats against an RD elite. I killed him pretty easily with my non-LS EF!

I don't need a LS weapon against RD elites anymore with Vampire Bats! Just tested! YAAAAAAAY!

The range is kind of meh if you are used to zombie bears, and the damage is a bit less too, but I think it's a fair trade off
Reply Quote
Sadly, once people find elite density wasn't changed, they all gonna go back to vota to at least get decent demonic essence drop :(

I mentioned that at least 3 different times in the ptr forum (as did about 100 other people), but they didn't listen. You really notice it the more you play. Once the initial rush of all the trash mobs wears off you start to say, "ok this is nice but where the f*$# are all the eiltes?"

Act 4 is still a joke. There's maybe 10 elites in the entire act.
Reply Quote
Just tested vampire bats against an RD elite. I killed him pretty easily with my non-LS EF!

I don't need a LS weapon against RD elites anymore with Vampire Bats! Just tested! YAAAAAAAY!

The range is kind of meh if you are used to zombie bears, and the damage is a bit less too, but I think it's a fair trade off

Nice :)
Reply Quote
I dont know how many WD can really survive in dealing with more than 1 pack of elites at once.
We are talking about multiple elite crowd control here...
For example, I will be jailed and frozen at the same time over plague and molten.
I can't think of any toon other than barb in WotA can survive sth like that.

I mentioned that at least 3 different times in the ptr forum (as did about 100 other people), but they didn't listen. You really notice it the more you play. Once the initial rush of all the trash mobs wears off you start to say, "ok this is nice but where the f*$# are all the eiltes?"

Act 4 is still a joke. There's maybe 10 elites in the entire act.
Reply Quote
OMG! i just woke up… to the goldapocalypse :(

at least we got bats to play around with till itemization. RS gems anyone? :D
Reply Quote
Playing around with the new Cloud of Bats, I can facetank anything in MP7 and burn it down :P Even elites!

How's my build, though? I'm using the same as I was before, but switched bears for firebats, and hex for zombie dogs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Joey-1757/hero/29250763
Reply Quote
I like the new bats with Plague rune. 2.9% Life steal lets me tank some dmg in mp10. Low hp white mobs just turn, splash them, and keep running while the psn dmg ticks them down. I run with a Monk and Barb though so they kinda tank for me lol
Reply Quote
I've never seen 4x10^6 crits with a 1-hander before today.

Thank you Blizzard for one sick damage producing skill.
Reply Quote
bumping this… there's a lot of info in here many are missing

btw here's my current coop mp10 build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fUgcdj!YcT!cZZccY

SB > Kiters
Bears > AOE/Trash
CoB > Elites

*works real well with 2h/low AS builds and with the density buff mana rarely becomes an issue.
Reply Quote
I actually specced into fetish sycophants while using CoB....with the new mob density you get a million of the buggers. Tons of fun...

was in MP10 act 2, you do die a lot to ranged but my gear/strategy is far from perfect.
Reply Quote
balls, it's been ages since I played WD, but the density changes and bumps to CoB got me interested again :-) can somebody check my build for CoB/pesilence?? I don't know if I want to dump bears yet, prolly should :p good replacement=??? S/B for runners?

I'm most interested in MP1-2 farming at this point...

Thanks guys, missed my WD!
Reply Quote
I actually specced into fetish sycophants while using CoB....with the new mob density you get a million of the buggers. Tons of fun...

was in MP10 act 2, you do die a lot to ranged but my gear/strategy is far from perfect.

Wait, don't you get fetishes per cast? How fact that there is increased monster density, has any impact on number of fetishes you get? Unless you mean, because you are attacking more (vs attacking/walking ratio in 1.07).
This skill is still terrible imo.
Reply Quote

Wait, don't you get fetishes per cast? How fact that there is increased monster density, has any impact on number of fetishes you get? Unless you mean, because you are attacking more (vs attacking/walking ratio in 1.07).
This skill is still terrible imo.

can you imagine all the little buggers w/ a huge pesilence kill streak in weeping??
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]