Diablo® III

How do you kill a very high EHP barb?

So I went against a very high EHP barb last night.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KEOWEN-1552/hero/17176217

I just couldn't do any kind of dmg to him. My 1M crits were not even hitting for 10K. So I put his profile in D3UP to look at WTF I was going against.

http://d3up.com/b/532873#skills

A 4.8M EHP barb pre-buff. 6,346,545 with WarCry. Threatening Shout put it up to 7,933,182. Crushing Advance put it up to 14,103,435 and for the winner Ignore Pain put it to Infinity. That is right. Mind you he is also regening at over 4000+ a sec and that will be getting doubled in 1.08 with the Inspiring Presence buff.

This doesn't even include Relentless kicking in at below 20% HP.
I eventually just had to give up. Even though he was slow as hell and I was doing a good job evading his hits. Eventually the battle just took to long and he got a couple crits in a row.

Even if gold wasn't an issue it would be difficult for a WD to sustain dmg that long and keep mana up.
Reply Quote
Well, if you are using the gear shown in your profile then you are just way too under-geared compare to him. So the simple answer is to spend billions to gear up so you can stand a chance.

Some of the WD I have seem has at least 2x your dps in ehp gear.
Reply Quote
Yeah the game is stale with Barbs. Barbs just focus on defense so high they can't lose. I just refuse to duel with them because I can go super tanky mode as well and no one wins. PVP is going to officially die with 1.0.8 due to the life regen buffs and Blizzard needs to wake up and see what effects their changes have in all aspects of the game (including PVP).
Reply Quote
If you look at a lot of the high end WD gear you notice they don't have the mana regen to sustain the dmg. It is pretty much paper DPS. I am still tweaking my gear but I concentrated on high CC% gear, high HP regen with at least 1M ehp.

You are right Iria. I don't even want to go against these pure tank barbs and it will be much worst in 1.08. They draw everything out to a stale mate. I mean I can re-gear and respec to were they will not kill me either. Takes all the fun out of it.
Reply Quote
They should maybe modify one of the non popular offensive runes to include an effect like this

• Deals 20% of current hp to a single target
  • Basically an anti-tank rune, or an anti-elite / boss rune

As well as a poison type effect to have an additional after effect

• Temporarily stops all hp regeneration for 10 seconds
  • Similarly a few basic effect every character needs to have

• Debuff yourself from all buffs (Anti-Rend / Haunt)
    Remove stuns from yourself (Anti Stun)
  • Numbers to be balanced accordingly
    Edited by blurrycloud#6374 on 4/19/2013 8:13 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    If you look at a lot of the high end WD gear you notice they don't have the mana regen to sustain the dmg. It is pretty much paper DPS. I am still tweaking my gear but I concentrated on high CC% gear, high HP regen with at least 1M ehp.

You are right Iria. I don't even want to go against these pure tank barbs and it will be much worst in 1.08. They draw everything out to a stale mate. I mean I can re-gear and respec to were they will not kill me either. Takes all the fun out of it.

Use Rush of Essence and Blood Ritual instead, you'll get unlimited mana for Spirit Barrage,
    Edited by Skywavex#1812 on 4/20/2013 4:22 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    He is killable, you're doing it all wrong though. You need to focus on dps w/ a soj when fighting a barb, grin reaper is a no no- and your only primary atk skill to kill a barb would be barrage. Basically only way to kill high ehp barb is high burst dmg.
    Edited by Asmodai#1359 on 4/20/2013 4:48 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Ya have to give up a lot of stats for the Grin Reaper. But it is also my biggest equalizer when I am seriously out geared. But might just have to set it down till 1.09. I essentially go from 105K dps to 160k plus a SOJ without it.

I am not sure I can get to the burst dmg to kill a super high EHP though. Especially when they are a runner. I hate using Hex but Barbs leave me no choice sometimes.
    Reply Quote
    You need pure dps 300k+ w/soj, tals armor+innas pants+mempo+tals ammy+billions....I have got a second set of gear for ehp barbs. Pig them and plague bats...
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]