Diablo® III

Fix Thorns

04/19/2013 07:09 PMPosted by theeighthark
No, the fix is just remove it completely from the game. Even if with 30x damage multiplier on it, thorns is still useless. With it gone we'd have a better chance of rolling decent items since its one less p.o.s affix that could ruin it.

Nah, make thorns an ability on shields only. That does say 100%-200% of your sheet dps each time you block an attack. And make w passive for it to work on ranged attacks too and all good. Of you can make it work for every attack that hits you when you wear a shield. That might be a little OP but it'd make thorns actually good.

I really like this idea when combined with removing the thorns affix from all other items.

(1) Items get better because they are polluted with thorns affix
(2) We get a new legendary with a memorable affect (because this is the only way to get thorns)
(3) The thorns weapon gem can be something else (like maybe Magic find)
Reply Quote
Why does this thread even exist? There are no D3/PC fixes coming until BlizzCon at the earliest, and maybe not until 2014. Regardless of the merit of your ideas, they're not listening.
Reply Quote
Thorns is probably the most hilariously fail thing in this game. It's like they didn't test it at all. You can get what, 10k damage from thorns if you stack it in every slot? How in the world did this make it through beta?
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Grimiku
I don't have a time frame that I can share,

It is after console version. In fact everything is after console version. You might as well say that "We fixed thorn so go buy the console first and find out. Come buy console version."
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 05:27 PMPosted by INJEKT

I don't have a time frame that I can share, but you can read Wyatt Cheng's full response about Thorns [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7895009644#4"]here[/url].

No, the fix is just remove it completely from the game. Even if with 30x damage multiplier on it, thorns is still useless. With it gone we'd have a better chance of rolling decent items since its one less p.o.s affix that could ruin it.

dont be stupid, thorns has always been a part of diablo that made gameplay more interesting

besides, removing it completely would render certain skills useless.

Barb and WD have a very useful survival passive based on thorns.

i think-personally- that the numbers should be bumped a bit so the numbers are higher then use them as a base eg:

3267 damage reflected to attackers from all types of attack - then when you read the detail text

1.5% bonus modifier per point in primary attribute and any % elemental modifiers add x% poison or fire(depending)

also i believe passives could be bumped, make the fierce loyalty 200% and tough as nails bump to 50%, 75% maybe even 100%.
for hardcore it would expand our survivability to mean passive dps helps us survive
Reply Quote
oh and:

whinge whinge whinge
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]