Diablo® III

Markets Collapsing, Gold worthless... D3 worthless

I'm watching the markets collapse and gold become worthless. Basically we are in a period of hyperinflation where the only thing that has value anymore is $$.

So you feel rich now because you have a billion or two in gold... well guess what, you aren't rich. That's becoming the average these days.

What's worse is there is nothing you can invest in to hold value. The only thing worth anything has become $$$.

Any investment advice?
Reply Quote
Play hardcore. Tomes of Secrets go for like 10,000-20,000 gold.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Dikembe

well hc is just the sc version with a health economy, still the same game and boring

But if you want to make gold and have fun with that (and only that), then HC is the way to go indeed.
Just died on HC para93 but dont rly mind (client crash), converted little bit gold to sc (~4bil) and gear some chars..... play some, bored...
back to HC now but i realized "why the hell i farm and stack gold even, i dont want to make money with D3".
Just cashed out rmah (with gems) and kept only a little in hc gold, bored... soon out and back to d2 and look for a worthy successor.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Odin

well hc is just the sc version with a health economy, still the same game and boring

But if you want to make gold and have fun with that (and only that), then HC is the way to go indeed.
Just died on HC para93 but dont rly mind (client crash), converted little bit gold to sc (~4bil) and gear some chars..... play some, bored...
back to HC now but i realized "why the hell i farm and stack gold even, i dont want to make money with D3".
Just cashed out rmah (with gems) and kept only a little in hc gold, bored... soon out and back to d2 and look for a worthy successor.

How do you convert HC to SC?
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Wixow

here on bnet forums, check for rateing and dont get scammed.. or just never go first, it works pretty good.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/8705192/
Reply Quote
I'm watching the markets collapse and.................?

Dow Jones Ind. avg. is up, get a life.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:22 AMPosted by GenghisKhan
I'm watching the markets collapse and.................?

Dow Jones Ind. avg. is up, get a life.

I'm suposed to get isntructions from you on getting a life? What a D3 life?
Reply Quote

Than play a different game.
Reply Quote

Most people like the game's combat systems, but are annoyed by the economy. So when you fix the economy, you fix the game for most folks.

The key issue with HC is disconnects (you hinted at this) but you can overcome this with the right build/gear.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Homicyde

Than play a different game.

i do, i'm just a little naive and expect D3 to become a proper diablo game/d2 sucessor sooner or later, so i browse forums
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
So you feel rich now because you have a billion or two in gold... well guess what, you aren't rich. That's becoming the average these days.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but most people don't even have 100 million gold, much less a few billion.

^

OP has lost touch with the norm.
They live in a world where the top 2% is average.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Dikembe
The key issue with HC is disconnects (you hinted at this) but you can overcome this with the right build/gear.

you can't overcome it, it always depends where you dc/crash.... russian roulette
my 102k life 1.2k res 9k armor 2.6k life/sec wasnt that low i guess, the emergency passive even... and not even a pack on me, just <-alot-> trashmobs, dead

04/08/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Dikembe
Most people like the game's combat systems, but are annoyed by the economy. So when you fix the economy, you fix the game for most folks.

The combat system is cool, but d3 has not much to offer, i know a few ppl who play no AH and stopped cause boring..

Whatever, matter of taste, but d3 population etc is a little off topic
Reply Quote
No one cares about the state of the economy in D3. We only care about gameplay, replay value and time investment to fun ratio. The gold is just a tool. The AH can fail for all I care I have played plenty without it.
Reply Quote
maybe invest in crafting materials? Think about it this way - they've already said publicly that they're going to focus on FEWER drops of better quality. This is good for the game in general, but will sharply decrease the availability of crafting mats. I'm sure they'll keep rolling out new recipes, and it looks like those prices have pretty well bottomed out.

Might not be a growth investment, but seems likely to hold value better than anything else.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Wixow

The main difference between HC and SC is with you die, all top itens you had with that char go as well. So there we have an effective gold sink ( used to buy, craft items that was lost when a char die) and a item sink as well ( that mempo with cc 6% is lost as well with you die with it).

Problem in SC i see is we dont have a gold sink and item sink like HC.

Solution for SC. Well many discussion allready, but its hard to define the best choice. I really like the BOE item idea.

With all rares and legendary itens becomes BOE (Bind on Equip), any item that people get and equip, cant go back to the market anymore. Its only can be use to equip your chars or your alts. With that we have some kind of gold sink (well only way to you sell it back its with you make essence, so the billion you invest, when you equip, its gone) and item sink as well.

The best moment to they insert this new feature is on itemization. The new rares and legendarys will become BOE ( old and legacy can stay the way it is today).

When itemazation comes it will probably revitalize the market once again, but wit actual formula, it will not last long, because the gold and items dont sink, while people farm more and more and will colapse in the future again.
Reply Quote
Not sure what people expect gold to be. It is simply a middle man in the item trade. You can afford the quality of items you have found. Prices are arbitrary.
Reply Quote
I'm watching the markets collapse and gold become worthless. Basically we are in a period of hyperinflation where the only thing that has value anymore is $$.

What's worse is there is nothing you can invest in to hold value. The only thing worth anything has become $$$.

Any investment advice?

My advice: look for the people who care. Pro tip: not here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]