Diablo® III

MP, NV Stacks and special items

So I have bad a question for a while now. When farming keys or killing ubers what is the real chance of getting the key/mats. The table posted by Blizz says that if I go in MP10 I will get it for sure:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/monster-power-more-guts-more-glory-10-11-2012

But do I need NV stacks to have that 100% chance or just by being mp10 I will have it for sure?

I have asked a lot of people and it seems to be a 50%/50% opinion, so I would like someone that either read it and can post the link or a blue to come and straight things up.

* I know that getting stacks will increase my MF and chances of a leg, but aside from that do I need them for keys and ubers?

Thanks in advance!
Edited by Nightstalk#1665 on 4/10/2013 7:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You need to have 5 stacks and be on MP 10 for a guaranteed drop.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 07:47 AMPosted by T081a5
You need to have 5 stacks and be on MP 10 for a guaranteed drop.

Did you read it somewhere?, can you post the link or you just think so? not being an !@# I just want to have reliable sources.
Reply Quote
Go to MP10 kill the keywarden see if you get a drop.

Go to MP10 get a 5 stack, kill keywarden see if you get a drop.

You do need 5 stacks.
Reply Quote
Heres the exact quote:

the wardens' keys, a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor will be required for the organ pieces to drop, and each level of Monster Power will increase their drop rate by 10%.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724/
Reply Quote
Thanks, just read "...but only in Inferno and with a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor will they have a chance to drop pieces of the Infernal Machine."
Reply Quote
You said that you got 50%/50% opinion from different people about this.... that worries me. It means that half of the people playing do not realize that you do in fact need 5 stacks! No wonder we have so many topics about complaining the lack of keys dropping! :D
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
So I have bad a question for a while now. When farming keys or killing ubers what is the real chance of getting the key/mats. The table posted by Blizz says that if I go in MP10 I will get it for sure:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/monster-power-more-guts-more-glory-10-11-2012

But do I need NV stacks to have that 100% chance or just by being mp10 I will have it for sure?

I have asked a lot of people and it seems to be a 50%/50% opinion, so I would like someone that either read it and can post the link or a blue to come and straight things up.

* I know that getting stacks will increase my MF and chances of a leg, but aside from that do I need them for keys and ubers?

Thanks in advance!
Playing on Inferno with a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor is required in order for the keys, plans, and demonic organs to drop. Assuming you have five stacks of Nephalem Valor, the drop rate of keys, plans, and demonic organs is 5% on MP0, 10% on MP1, and 20% on MP2, all the way up through a 100% drop rate on MP10.
Reply Quote
Edited by jonclau#1835 on 9/4/2015 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

* I know that getting stacks will increase my MF and chances of a leg,

!

who told you this?
Reply Quote

* I know that getting stacks will increase my MF and chances of a leg,

!

who told you this?

More MF = higher chance for blues to become rares, and rares to become leggies. This has been a fact since the game came out. More MF = Better quality items.

An item drops, and the number of affixes on it is determined by a base chance %, them your MF adds to that chance. This is what determines 0-1 Affix (grey/white,) 2 affix (blue,) 3-6 affix (rare,) and then legendary.
Edited by Dellusions#1665 on 4/10/2013 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Thanks in advance!
Playing on Inferno with a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor is required in order for the keys, plans, and demonic organs to drop. Assuming you have five stacks of Nephalem Valor, the drop rate of keys, plans, and demonic organs is 5% on MP0, 10% on MP1, and 20% on MP2, all the way up through a 100% drop rate on MP10.

I play in 10MP, did not drop the key?why?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]