Diablo® III

WotB and Archon - Whack Attack

wow, they want to remove the only funny mechanic left in the game, we have almost no sinergy between skills and they want to remove the few we have, what can i say? guess i will not b buying the D3 expansion unless blizzard show something more complex them chosing randon skills.................
IMHO blizzard should add more sinergy to WD and DH, they r both funny classes that lack this kind of trick, and i guess theresn't place for 2 min CD on Hack 'n slash games
Would be awsome to have our skill tree back
04/20/2013 11:07 AMPosted by sidtherat
(though the barb would be screwed without any form of consistent CC negation).

le lol?

just like all 4 other classes that do not share the benefit of completely ignoring the only difficult part of this game?

You're going from one extreme to the next. Full CC immunity to none whatsoever.

Other classes have escape and/or negation tools for CC. I never said that they were as good or better than WotB, I just said that the barb would be screwed where CC negation is concerned without it. No vault, no Dashing Strike, no Serenity, no Spirit Walk, etc.
lets start a petition to fire Travis Day
04/20/2013 11:16 AMPosted by kastermaster
Bring on the Barb nerfs. As a community we should make Blizzard stay on top of this. There is no reason why these nerfs should not be included in 1.0.9.

Yes there is. because there stupid. Buff the other classes.
I just said that the barb would be screwed where CC negation is concerned without it. No vault, no Dashing Strike, no Serenity, no Spirit Walk, etc.

charge? leap? ignore pain? barbs even have passive to deal just with the most dangerous thing in this game - molten and plague..

i really do not think that removing perma CC immunity will leave barbs without tools to adequately protect themselves..
Well looks like it is time to delete the wizard because perma archon is the only reason I play it at all.
Hello!
First, sorry for my bad English.
I don't understand why People crying for Nerf's?
I think the People, who are crying fo nerfs, didnt play Diablo or DIablo 2 / LoD. I think they are Former WoW Players, where "nerf this or that" was in the daily Presence cause of the Battlegrounds or Arena. makes sense for me.
But Diablo ist not an MMO, its aa Hack and Slay.
I remember in Diablo 2 PVP how powerful the Sorceress with Thunderbolt or BLizzard was. She just Teleported 2-3 times to me and i was dead.
Or a Lame Amazon(DH) with Buriza - Cold Dmg or Windforce (KB) and maybe with the Green Lame Set Gloves, which slowed me extreme down lol. I dont remember the Name.
Also mighty Barbarians, with Sword/Shield undestroyable. Or necros lol. I remember, i was more running then fighting in pvp. but sometimes i won.
I only want to say. do not Nerf any classes. all had their Advantage or Disadvantage. But it was Funny to Play em all. And sadly in Diablo 3 there is not even serious pvp, its a joke. So for what you crying for nerfs? I dont understand. Im sure the most Diablo Veterans like me thinking almost the same like me. So, please do not listen to the WoW Players, grew up with nerfs. Think about it and thanks your time. And sorry, for wow Payers, didnt want to attack you. But its my Opinion.
04/20/2013 11:54 AMPosted by kuduz
Im sure the most Diablo Veterans like me thinking almost the same like me.

"Diablo Veterans" this term really irks me....
04/20/2013 11:23 AMPosted by sidtherat
I just said that the barb would be screwed where CC negation is concerned without it. No vault, no Dashing Strike, no Serenity, no Spirit Walk, etc.

charge? leap? ignore pain? barbs even have passive to deal just with the most dangerous thing in this game - molten and plague..

i really do not think that removing perma CC immunity will leave barbs without tools to adequately protect themselves..

None of those skills is comparable in any way whatsoever to the skills that I mentioned belonging to other classes. I am not favoring the Barb. The Barb isn't even my most played class.

Also, if you think molten and plague are the most dangerous things in this game then I don't know what to tell you...lol I more or less ignore both molten and plagued on all of my characters. Jailer into freeze into arcane beams of death/molten EXPLOSION/swarm of heavy hitters beating on you = farm more dangerous than pools of plauge/molten.

Also, it's not just an issue of survivability. Obviously Barbs wouldn't struggle to survive to the point of the class becoming useless without WotB. The point is that there would be no consistent means of escaping an onslaught of mob CC. This would absolutely cripple the efficiency of the class and bring them far below the capabilities of other classes.

I think that every class in this game needs significant buffs and alterations to the majority of their skills. What we don't need, is to create further, unfortunate discrepancies between classes.
On the one hand we have wyatt cheng telling us that its alright to "break the game", he even specifically talked about "infinite archon" in one of this blogs (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6317360/diablo-iii-developer-amaa-transcript-6-15-2012), but now travis day says "infinite archon" isnt working as intended and they "might" fix it. What? Do the devs even talk to each other? Heck do these guys really make games for a living?

I think the devs need to realise that this is a game and much of the fun comes from "breaking it", the best geared players SHOULD be able to faceroll MP10, it doesnt matter if they are playing archon or wotb. Right now there isnt a problem with archon because even the best geared players have trouble sustaining archon on MP10 (due to high monster health), as for wotb... well I dont know a lot about barbs so Im not going to comment on wotb.
04/19/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Travis Day
I have a love hate relationship with Wrath and Archon for that matter. This is a topic that I felt I should at least comment on since it's come up on many occasions. There is no fundamental flaw with having a 2 minute cooldown ability that transforms your character and is really powerful, the problem is when it becomes a forgone conclusion that these AWESOME abilities are up 100% of the time and instead of being excited that they are up you are annoyed when they fall off. We have talked about what if anything we want to do with these abilities in the long term. I will say we have no short term plans to change them but we don't like that they aren't fulfilling their original purpose which is to provide a really awesome button that mixes up the tempo of combat for a small window of time.

careful now.
you dont want to piss off half your playerbase
I will say we have no short term plans to change them but we don't like that they aren't fulfilling their original purpose which is to provide a really awesome button that mixes up the tempo of combat for a small window of time.

Maybe you could label it the 'really awesome button' as well...What a flawed theory; first off this is 2013 not 1985, activating a skill for excitement has to be a thing of the past by now (it is for me). Second this is Diablo not WoW, if blizzard wants to nerf characters they already have a forum to do that. Diablo2 was never about balance, it was about building insanely powerful characters, crushing enemies and (if you wanted a challenge) playing hardcore mode. I am fully aware that WoW has a massive player base but (believe it or not) not everyone wants to play Wow. Those that do want to can. I haven't ever wanted to play WoW but now I feel like I am subject to its rules of play and it's most likely because Blizzard wants Diablo to be just as successful. Well it's not. It probably never will be. The answer is to buff the other classes not nerf the ones that are strong enough to play mp10 efficiently but go ahead nerf the barbs; it'll just be one more nail in the coffin for this already dying game. I very seriously doubt there is anyone playing this game that wants to spend 10 aggravating minutes dying while trying to kill elite packs on mp10. All I can really say in conclusion is that I am glad that I will get paragon 100 on my barb before any potential nerf. That will most likely be the last thing I do on Diablo 3 until itemization is fixed (which is the real flaw in this game).
I would like to think the designer of WotB ToC and Archon knew what they were doing when they allowed the duration of the skill to be extended. I'm not sure why it took 11 months for somebody to say this isn't what we want. Still feels like BETA to me...
None of those skills is comparable in any way whatsoever to the skills that I mentioned belonging to other classes. I am not favoring the Barb. The Barb isn't even my most played class.

Also, if you think molten and plague are the most dangerous things in this game then I don't know what to tell you...lol I more or less ignore both molten and plagued on all of my characters. Jailer into freeze into arcane beams of death/molten EXPLOSION/swarm of heavy hitters beating on you = farm more dangerous than pools of plauge/molten.

correct me if i'm wrong but once you are feared then there is no skill to break it? (maybe serenity, but cant check now)
there is no defence vs Vortex other than WotB?

vault only allows you to break jailor (like charge)
leap provides way to quickly run away from lazers, frozen orbs growing etc
ignore pain makes you practically invulnerable
and superstition nullifies lazers, molten, desacrator, plague and most of the projectiles

and surprisingly all these skills are on one class!

heavy hitters? people play mostly act3 - because it is both dense AND easy. noone seems to like act2 wasps and lacunis.. same with act4 - no matter how dense it is/or would be, people would rather play easy act3 than face act4 monsters that are significantly tougher than in other acts. and dont get me started on act4 warden and his curses and AOE attacks. it sure is easy with 'no healing, +dmg taken and slow'..

btw what you described is typical barbie gameplay - rush headlong into EVERYTING, spin-to-win and go on. i havent seen WD or DH playing that way. maybe monks, but even them are not doing it so ruthlessly..
the problem is when it becomes a forgone conclusion that these AWESOME abilities are up 100% of the time and instead of being excited that they are up you are annoyed when they fall off. We have talked about what if anything we want to do with these abilities in the long term. I will say we have no short term plans to change them but we don't like that they aren't fulfilling their original purpose which is to provide a really awesome button that mixes up the tempo of combat for a small window of time.

Travis, you guys doomed yourselves to this problem when you decided to only allow 6 skills to be used at any time. The marginal value of a single button on your skill bar when you're limited to only six skills is massive, and unless you get a full-time benefit from that skill with a long cooldown (such as keeping archon up 100% of the time), you're often far better off choosing a different skill that you'll have access to 100% of the time. This is the same reason why Rain of Vengeance is almost never used among Demon Hunters, despite your attempts to buff it (and that's with a mere 25% of the cooldown of Archon!).

It has been said before - significant cooldowns on skills are not a good fit with the ARPG genre, and they're ESPECIALLY problematic when you have a limited number of skills to choose from, because you're gimping yourself by only relying on 5 spells during the time that that sixth skill is on cooldown.
I don't think that Archon needs to be changed. The way to work is totally different with WoTB. When playing as Wizard, I need to kill mobs to maintain the status of Archon. It won't be powerful in the higher MPs if my DPS is low (the LOW i mean is about 15xxxx). I can only use Rune Teleport to escape if I got Immobilized or frozen but use my ORIGINAL skill such as Diamond Skin to protect my self. How ever the WoTB is different. I can ignore any CC skills from mobs when I am the status of wotb. The buff of Critical Hit Chance and Attack Speed help me survive b/c of the life steal.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]