Diablo® III

WotB and Archon - Whack Attack

An old statement:

Nerfing BB definitely makes a number of BB players AFK, meanwhile the players of other classes continue to play.

Not nerfing BB but buffing other classess means a number of AFKed players come back, and BB players continue to play.

Devs, which result would you like to see?
04/21/2013 07:43 AMPosted by danilomazzar
Why dont you ask blizzard to remove barbs from the game????? would be the same thing............

Seems like he doesnt even need to ask, blizzard has found the way to put the barb class from the game already....
Thrive on chaos isn't the problem, AH is the problem* If you are geared by killing monsters the way an ARPG should be, WOTB TOC is fine and actually alot of fun to attempt to maintain. Those who are insanely geared in every slot, I guess it is likely a pain, but so is even killing monsters when the best way to get geared up is to play the AH. As for the archon assist mechanic being the problem - didn't you's just put this in the PTR? :/
Barbarians, sell all your gear on the RMAH and get out before the stupid nerf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So yes as was stated above Wrath isn't the problem, Thrive on Chaos and the assist duration extending mechanic of Archon are the problems.

Wait, what? A mechanic that hasn't even gone live is a problem? Why did you people even put it on the PTR then? You are confusing the hell out of my right now...
Diablo 3 = Hack&Slay

oh wait ....
04/21/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Komprezzor
Thrive on chaos isn't the problem, AH is the problem* If you are geared by killing monsters the way an ARPG should be, WOTB TOC is fine and actually alot of fun to attempt to maintain. Those who are insanely geared in every slot, I guess it is likely a pain, but so is even killing monsters when the best way to get geared up is to play the AH. As for the archon assist mechanic being the problem - didn't you's just put this in the PTR? :/

I'm with you dude, its very fun to try to keep WotB all the time, actually is the only fun mechanic left in the game
04/19/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Travis Day
I will say we have no short term plans to change them but we don't like that they aren't fulfilling their original purpose which is to provide a really awesome button that mixes up the tempo of combat for a small window of time.

Basically, no plans. Just something they are talking about and considering. Meaning, knowing how slowly Blizzard actually implements anything in this game, the expansion will be out before this 'nerf' happens.
04/21/2013 04:36 AMPosted by MaRReM
This will obviously benefit from life steal so life gain will be quite consistent with Echoes happening all the time. T

I liked your ideas almost as much as mine.. but why should the tripple tap's two extra taps benefit from life leech at all? It makes no sense. Could you explain the reasoning behind this?

Also why did only one person really truly comment on my ideas..?? They were fun ideas. I loved my version of Insanity.. check it out.. I think it is hilarious fun.

~Philoi.
The 1.0.8 patch notes encourage players to use archon, however, the blue post in this thread does the opposite. Mixed messages like this are very frustrating to the community. I would also like to point out that wizards cannot use non-archon skills in archon, unlike WOTB. They are fundamentally different skills that should be dealt with seperatly.
Do you think that WotB and Archon are the same type? Archon is adding on kills but WotB is adding on hits, which means that there is a huge difference between these two.
04/21/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Icy
Do you think that WotB and Archon are the same type? Archon is adding on kills but WotB is adding on hits, which means that there is a huge difference between these two.

But WotB Cant stack more them 15 secs, if u have nothing to hit during something like 7 seconds u lose the buff, while archon stack more time, people think its a piece of cake to kp WotB all the time, its not, require a bit skill, and thats why its so funny..........
What I don't get is how they're giving archon the ability to recharge from assists and yet they want to nerf archon regen timer....wtf?!

Isn't that a COMPLETE 180 on their design for the skills? Like...Why bother even introducing the dam update in the first place? Why bother WASTING manpower and time and money. These guys are clueless.
Edited by VinnyI82#1302 on 4/21/2013 10:02 PM PDT
Good job on planning to progress the game backwards as usual Blizzard. I really can't understand what this development team is thinking. You should have thought about that these problems might occur many months ago and fix it at that time ,not now or in future. Not after most of the barbs and wizards decide to play with these "OP" way to play. If it was so hard to fix this and balance it out for nearly 1 year (not surprising though when it takes to fix 6-7 months just to fix simple achievement problems) then you could at least add similar "OP" skills to other classes(I believe monk already has one which you can spam tempest rush non stop with enough spirit regeneration, though this spec might require a lot more better gear than barbs and wizards to be useful at higher mps) because we all know that all of the players of these kinds of games likes to dominate the content in it. But as usual of course your path will be just nerfing or removing it since you lack the creativity and determination to bring things that will make the game better.

I honestly don't believe Diablo 3 has any big plans in Blizzard's game policies they just don't care what happens to game or if people keep playing it or not. This was a huge letdown after playing all the games of Blizzard myself. It's unreal that you didn't bring one single thing that encourages replayability of end game here for 1 full year nearly. Hellfire ring and uber bosses? Yeah sure it seems like a big change just after you do it 5-10 times. Stronger Legendaries? :) not to mention most of them are still rolling useless as hell rolls. Paragon leveling? After seeing there is literally no difference in loot quality between mp0 paragon 0 0mf farming vs mp10 paragon 100 farming with 600 +mf I really don't know what one could say to defend paragon leveling business(The best thing paragon brought was the + stats it gave though i can admit that) I can't even remember anymore changes that is brought the game because they are so useless and insignificant that it's unreal.

Anyway I want to congratulate you guys once more on keeping progressing backwards to the day where 5000 people will play among themselves :).
Edited by Thordar#2292 on 4/22/2013 1:39 AM PDT
04/21/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Exploda
I would also like to point out that wizards cannot use non-archon skills in archon, unlike WOTB. They are fundamentally different skills that should be dealt with seperatly.

This. Archons are limited to 3 dmg-only skills, have to play on low MP to efficiently farm, skip loot (like the barbs) to reach the next pack fast enough. OP? Hardly. Cool looks? Indeed. A different and fun playstyle? For sure.
Edited by Firestarter#2734 on 4/22/2013 3:05 AM PDT
04/19/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Travis Day
I have a love hate relationship with Wrath and Archon for that matter. This is a topic that I felt I should at least comment on since it's come up on many occasions. There is no fundamental flaw with having a 2 minute cooldown ability that transforms your character and is really powerful, the problem is when it becomes a forgone conclusion that these AWESOME abilities are up 100% of the time and instead of being excited that they are up you are annoyed when they fall off. We have talked about what if anything we want to do with these abilities in the long term. I will say we have no short term plans to change them but we don't like that they aren't fulfilling their original purpose which is to provide a really awesome button that mixes up the tempo of combat for a small window of time.

The problem is not that wrath should be just a bonus and is not , the problem is, wrtath has became not a bonus, since the game is not enjoiable without. So the problems are on game dynamics, not in barbarian, not in mage, in every character. The solution is BUFF of players , nerf of buffers.
04/22/2013 04:47 AMPosted by Vector
I have a love hate relationship with Wrath and Archon for that matter. This is a topic that I felt I should at least comment on since it's come up on many occasions. There is no fundamental flaw with having a 2 minute cooldown ability that transforms your character and is really powerful, the problem is when it becomes a forgone conclusion that these AWESOME abilities are up 100% of the time and instead of being excited that they are up you are annoyed when they fall off. We have talked about what if anything we want to do with these abilities in the long term. I will say we have no short term plans to change them but we don't like that they aren't fulfilling their original purpose which is to provide a really awesome button that mixes up the tempo of combat for a small window of time.

The problem is not that wrath should be just a bonus and is not , the problem is, wrtath has became not a bonus, since the game is not enjoiable without. So the problems are on game dynamics, not in barbarian, not in mage, in every character. The solution is BUFF of players , nerf of buffers.

With sure, the answer is tu buff the other skills, buff other builds, in a way that every skills seens to b OP and you really have options, cze IMO, the only good farming build for barbs require WotB
I'm a barb that thinks wotb is op and needs to be changed, but after watching moldran's video, what if they just buff everyone to the level of the barbarian's efficiency (but the problem is, we've all seen how blizz buffs people, it's just a very small margin that I doubt it will compare to a barb's efficiency)

I still think that wotb is overpowered (ignore half the affixes of elites/super mobility/easier to dodge bad stuff) but I still have no stance on how they should change it.
04/11/2013 11:24 AMPosted by lysergia
Great post OP. enjoy the honesty. Most barbs won't admit how OP and mandatory Wotb is. And it makes you rush they the game not picking up rares

WotB is only mandatory for is CC blocking. Otherwise I would not be using it at all. There are other skills I would rather use in its place. I do not even use the thrive on chaos rune. I prefer the extra dps output for those tough situations, or when feeling a bit lazy. Give CC to one other skill and I might drop WotB.
As long as your game forces players to slug through 1000 or more elites to find an awesome upgrade you will ONLY have optimal and efficient builds. Your current itemization scheme is forcing these builds and has pushed fun builds out of existence.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]