Diablo® III

WotB and Archon - Whack Attack

04/19/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Jt3z

So you guys are planning on nerfing WOTB. Why can't you buff everyone else especially the DHs?
This

Read what you wrote again. You said "classes suck" meaning "game is hard" meaning you want make the game even "easier". WOTB was easy faceroll way for barbs which makes other classes feel inferior. Just the fact that barbs don't even need to read elite affixes is a joke. As I said, the game is as easy as it can be for barbs. All the barbs that are crying are either troll or have crappy gear. I want more tears tho. Don't stop now.

I guess i could have worded it better so u could understand what i was saying, This is why other classes need a buff. Why do you think the other classes are so weak compared to the barb? Because people like OP and u called for nerfs which destroyed the Dh, Wiz, and Monk.

What ? When did I asked for force armor nerf ? When did I ask for tornado proc rate nerf ? When the hell Dhs ask for TOC-NT nerfs ? They nerfed it anyways. And those skills compared to WOTB were joke. Seriously, all you wrote up to this point have no validity. No I don't want to be on the same level with barbs. I want blizzard to nerf 100% cc immunity which only barb has and which is the only hard thing about this game. Without CC effects this game is a joke. You think I die versus normal mobs ? I die versus cc effects which you don't even need to know what kinda affixes elites have. This ridiculously "OVERPOWERED" Even without 100% uptime WOTB your class will be still superior to other classes.

-Belt %3 ls
-Passive %3 ls
-Passive 5%cc + 50%cd.

I played as a wizard which supposed to be a damage dealer and only passive that gives +damage is glass cannon. Just like it sounds, it makes you glass cannon where barbs have that awesome passive without any downside, looks fair to you ?
But you know what, cry more mate. cry more.
This

I guess i could have worded it better so u could understand what i was saying, This is why other classes need a buff. Why do you think the other classes are so weak compared to the barb? Because people like OP and u called for nerfs which destroyed the Dh, Wiz, and Monk.

What ? When did I asked for force armor nerf ? When did I ask for tornado proc rate nerf ? When the hell Dhs ask for TOC-NT nerfs ? They nerfed it anyways. And those skills compared to WOTB were joke. Seriously, all you wrote up to this point have no validity. No I don't want to be on the same level with barbs. I want blizzard to nerf 100% cc immunity which only barb has and which is the only hard thing about this game. Without CC effects this game is a joke. You think I die versus normal mobs ? I die versus cc effects which you don't even need to know what kinda affixes elites have. This ridiculously "OVERPOWERED" Even without 100% uptime WOTB your class will be still superior to other classes.

-Belt %3 ls
-Passive %3 ls
-Passive 5%cc + 50%cd.

I played as a wizard which supposed to be a damage dealer and only passive that gives +damage is glass cannon. Just like it sounds, it makes you glass cannon where barbs have that awesome passive without any downside, looks fair to you ?
But you know what, cry more mate. cry more.
People like u and OP asking for nerfs. I didnt mean specifically u dude. Come on son
Travis, for me its all about ignoring crowd control, not so much about the awesome power boost. Is there any way that the crowd control aspect can be left alone somehow, while the power boost becomes a special temporary boost?
What about redesigning the actual monster affixes a bit as well as tweaking skills for each class a bit?

Examples:

Frozen - slows your attack speed and movement instead of freezing you completely (exception would be Izual since he is a boss monster and that freez he dose is somewhat a chalange during the fight)

Plague, Mortar, Jailer, Horify, Arcane, Horde, Shielding, Molten, Desecrator, Lightning - work fine so i see no reason in redesigning them to much though maybe up the damage on some a bit (exception again is Plagued)

Waller - only thing that needs tweaking a bit more is the walls landing on players trapping them other wise it's ok

Missile Dampening - maybe incrise the affix can spawn (am not seeing it a lot while farming elites but then again i don't farm with ranged class so maybe for them it dose spawn more offten)

Not sure if i missed any of the affixes but i hope you get my point.

Skill tweaks:

WotB - make it so it only affects the Horify affix and not for the others (you can still get jailed in it and slowed down by Frozen)

Archon - again stops the Horify but other affixes work while under it (not sure how it works now since i play CM/WW wiz)

Spirit Walk - stops Horify, other work while in it but add that you can pass trough Waller while in Spirit Walk (think that is the main complaint about that skill)

Vault - it all ready breaks Jailer so that's fine but you can tweak it so players can Vault over Waller as well (most complains are about that i think and the rune that allows you to shoot while vaulting should hit over Waller as well so maybe that could help a bit with DH's eDPS and maybe incrising it's damage a bit to)

Teleport - dose not stop Horify and Frozen nor it should but can get you out of Jailer and with 1.0.8 i think it will solve the Waller problem as well

Conclusion:

There are more skills that need tweaking and re-working but i hope you can get my point from this few examples as how that would work. Players could use other skills to avoid affixes and i think it could open up build diversity as well (barbarian Charge breaks Jailer. If you prefer Leap that works to since you leap away with Jailer on you), For stuff like Frozen and Horify you could use "Reduce the duration of control imparing effects by x%" though that would have to be tweaked perhaps so you could not stack it and gain permanent immunity with it.

Please feel free to share you opinions on this matter and correct me if i missed some thing. Also sorry for spelling mistakes since english is not my native language.
04/19/2013 05:31 PMPosted by JackNimble
Travis, for me its all about ignoring crowd control, not so much about the awesome power boost. Is there any way that the crowd control aspect can be left alone somehow, while the power boost becomes a special temporary boost?
This would be fine.
Is that a coincidence that 90% of the people suggesting tweaks to elite affixes are under-geared barbs ?
04/19/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Travis Day
I have a love hate relationship with Wrath and Archon for that matter. This is a topic that I felt I should at least comment on since it's come up on many occasions. There is no fundamental flaw with having a 2 minute cooldown ability that transforms your character and is really powerful, the problem is when it becomes a forgone conclusion that these AWESOME abilities are up 100% of the time and instead of being excited that they are up you are annoyed when they fall off. We have talked about what if anything we want to do with these abilities in the long term. I will say we have no short term plans to change them but we don't like that they aren't fulfilling their original purpose which is to provide a really awesome button that mixes up the tempo of combat for a small window of time.

Yeah not a fan of this. Like the above poster said. Buff other classes. WOTB is working just fine. just because people use WOTB (TOC rune) doesnt mean its over powered or not working as intended. I feel like other USELESS and UNUSED skills/runes should be looked into and buffed. Im sure every class can tell us about how many skills and runes are never used because they were completely useless not effective not even worth considering to put into use. Honestly it seems like many of them are just filler.

I would suggest a fix to this is alow rune mixing or fusing or whatever to enhance certain abilities. interchanging the way the skill works. and this could be unlocked via paragon level.

Regardless the way WOTB works with TOC rune is fine. Its being used by alot of folks because its VIABLE. so why nerf it? make other classes/skills more viable. AND this is a result because AS%/CC%CD% are the only usefull item affixes.
04/19/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Jaydef14
I have a love hate relationship with Wrath and Archon for that matter. This is a topic that I felt I should at least comment on since it's come up on many occasions. There is no fundamental flaw with having a 2 minute cooldown ability that transforms your character and is really powerful, the problem is when it becomes a forgone conclusion that these AWESOME abilities are up 100% of the time and instead of being excited that they are up you are annoyed when they fall off. We have talked about what if anything we want to do with these abilities in the long term. I will say we have no short term plans to change them but we don't like that they aren't fulfilling their original purpose which is to provide a really awesome button that mixes up the tempo of combat for a small window of time.

Yeah not a fan of this. Like the above poster said. Buff other classes. WOTB is working just fine. just because people use WOTB (TOC rune) doesnt mean its over powered or not working as intended. I feel like other USELESS and UNUSED skills/runes should be looked into and buffed. Im sure every class can tell us about how many skills and runes are never used because they were completely useless not effective not even worth considering to put into use. Honestly it seems like many of them are just filler.

I would suggest a fix to this is alow rune mixing or fusing or whatever to enhance certain abilities. interchanging the way the skill works. and this could be unlocked via paragon level.

Regardless the way WOTB works with TOC rune is fine. Its being used by alot of folks because its VIABLE. so why nerf it? make other classes/skills more viable. AND this is a result because AS%/CC%CD% are the only usefull item affixes.

Yet another barb with tears. Go kill 20k more elites than you might have some kind of credibility to be taken seriously.
The only reason that i am under-geared is because i refuse to use the AH to buy items and am actualy trying to find them my self.
04/19/2013 05:46 PMPosted by Jovcha
The only reason that i am under-geared is because i refuse to use the AH to buy items and am actualy trying to find them my self.

Then you don't have any experience on high mps. Which is the whole reason people arguing about WOTB which gives barbs amazing advantages over other classes on higher mps.
04/19/2013 05:44 PMPosted by DarkSoul

Yet another barb with tears. Go kill 20k more elites than you might have some kind of credibility to be taken seriously.
So because he doesnt have 20k elite kills his opinion isnt viable?
[quote]

I've killed a lot of elites.

My honest opinion is that this proposed elimination of perma-wrath is fine.

WotB isn't why Barbarians are fun. It's just a nice buff and will continue to be a nice buff.

Slaughter and Insanity are incredibly good and might get some more love if people move away from Perma-wrath.
this is why i dislike my barbarian i made after playing like 1000 hours of DH and am now waiting for a few more patches b4 even attempting this game again..... WoTb is a nuisance, I dont want to worry about the cooldown going into effect, im lazy in this aspect and its not fun this way, but like you say I do indeed feel forced to use it...

It got to the point where I have it as a skill but never use it lol....
It makes sense WoTB has a 2 minute cooldown for a reason. Using it is supposed to be a decision. It's supposed to be a cool temporary power buff. WoTB doesn't need a nerf TOC does. If anything just allow TOC to extend WoTB by 30 seconds for a 45 second WoTB.

Having 45 seconds of Wrath every 2 minutes is still extremely powerful.
I want to see how this turns out. I want to see if they nerf it bad enough that ppl will just quit the game for good. A lot of ppl switched from other classes and PAYED REAL money to gear up a barb. Lets see how bad the nerf is and how many ppl quit for good.

Nerfs that are ok with me:

1.WoTB 10sec down from 15sec. anything less and its pointless. We have already have a hard time picking up loot as it is. We already have a hard time rezzing other players.
Haha, jokes on you wotb whiners, I don't even use it anymore
I want to see how this turns out. I want to see if they nerf it bad enough that ppl will just quit the game for good. A lot of ppl switched from other classes and PAYED REAL money to gear up a barb. Lets see how bad the nerf is and how many ppl quit for good.

Nerfs that are ok with me:

1.WoTB 10sec down from 15sec. anything less and its pointless. We have already have a hard time picking up loot as it is. We already have a hard time rezzing other players.

Lmfao diablo 3 currently is like a bunch of kids racing bikes and then there's one old dude in a racecar complaining about how he goes so fast he doesn't have a chance to read the nametags of the people he's been running over.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]