Diablo® III

WotB and Archon - Whack Attack

i'm an archon wiz doing barb next and would be happy if they completely remove these two skills.
It's simple actually.

WOTB/TOC nerf = Game Over = completely obliterated RMAH = NO MONEY.

So what is Blizzard in the business of doing? If you guessed "making games for profit" then you answered correctly.

If you answered "making games that no one will play because they crushed the majority of the fan base and thereby destroyed a viable revenue stream" then you are dead wrong.

Blizzard doesn't "care" if YOU think the game/classes are balanced. Blizzard doesn't "care" if a jet plane lands on your house tonight. Blizzard cares about Blizzard (like its suppose to BECAUSE IT'S A BUSINESS!!!)

So for all the cry babies....THANK YOU....your tears taste wonderful.
04/19/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Travis Day
So yes as was stated above Wrath isn't the problem, Thrive on Chaos and the assist duration extending mechanic of Archon are the problems.

lol no. the problem is that you nerfed inferno to the ground thus making defense useless and making glasscannon extremly viable. people used wrath to kill elites faster than the elites could kill them. and they needed wrath for that because everyone has 1k resist and tons of life but only 40k dps. now it's not even used for damage but for mobility and CC immunity. wrath was perfectly fine in the original inferno. you could use with extended duration (although you weren't able to keep it up permanently) to stand through crowdcontrol or you could use it for pure damage and hope that you kill them before wrath runs out.

on a related topic: cooldowns in general are the worst thing ever brought into a arpg. that's why hota, throw, rend, seismic, sprint, battlerage are awesome. costs resource and does lots of damage/ buffs but has no cooldown. ancients suck because they don't do damage and have a ridiculous cooldown. same with earthquake. It's only used for speedkills.

edit: you could also say that the "mechanic" of stacking crit to ridiculous amounts is a problem. but that would mean that most of you "mechanics" are broken wouldn't it? *cough stats, skills and items are broken cough*
Edited by DarkJack#2600 on 4/19/2013 6:40 PM PDT
If you've never seen a cooldown in an arpg, you've never played a decent one.
04/19/2013 06:41 PMPosted by Oraniquitis
If you've never seen a cooldown in an arpg, you've never played a decent one.

never said i've never seen them. just said that they suck :)
I don't see Archon as a Ultimate OP skill. SNS is far stronger and is up 100% of time, no killing necessary.

Nerfing Archon would bring Wizards from two viable build choices to one that wasn't even intended by the Devs in the first place.

Also, 100% Archon is a lot weaker than 100% WOTB.
No CC immunity, no Critical Hit Chance, no skills other than Archon's own.
I want to see how this turns out. I want to see if they nerf it bad enough that ppl will just quit the game for good. A lot of ppl switched from other classes and PAYED REAL money to gear up a barb. Lets see how bad the nerf is and how many ppl quit for good.

Nerfs that are ok with me:

1.WoTB 10sec down from 15sec. anything less and its pointless. We have already have a hard time picking up loot as it is. We already have a hard time rezzing other players.

:)
I want to see how this turns out. I want to see if they nerf it bad enough that ppl will just quit the game for good. A lot of ppl switched from other classes and PAYED REAL money to gear up a barb. Lets see how bad the nerf is and how many ppl quit for good.

Nerfs that are ok with me:

1.WoTB 10sec down from 15sec. anything less and its pointless. We have already have a hard time picking up loot as it is. We already have a hard time rezzing other players.

:)

glad to see you made it back on the forums bro =)
04/19/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Travis Day
I want to make this point clear. Wrath is an awesome ability, when the game first launched players used it the way it was designed to be used which was as a huge, temporary, power boost to kill a hard champ or fight a boss. The problem stems from the ability to keep it up 100% of the time. Any future change that we would consider making to either this or Archon would be focused on making these not a 100% uptime abilities. So yes as was stated above Wrath isn't the problem, Thrive on Chaos and the assist duration extending mechanic of Archon are the problems.

Please acknowledge perma freeze Wizard problem as well.

I self nerf my barb in co-op by not going 100% wotb but in public games most ww barbs are pests that just spin themselves leaving others behind.

If you want co-op public to work this is a must to put them in place.
Edited by Fireblade#1295 on 4/19/2013 7:04 PM PDT
Do you remember when everyone dissapointed and planted to quit this game in June last year ?
Then someone have found permanent Wotb WW barb build, and this dying game have been revived completely?

wotb is lifeline of this collapsed game.
I did play almost all class(not really played wiz tho),and found ignoring crowd control debuff is the best way to enjoy diablo3. Because there are no way to build your character, or make stronger your skill or your ability except buying extraordinary sick randomly items in AH.

Elite's ablility like frozen, arcane, vortex, waller, are originally made for anti booting.It had worked early in game, but when Bliz have nerfed enemy, it turned to not working. Today there are botting botting everywhere and they destroyed economy.So there only left is annoying Elite's ability.It means nothing today, just annoying.The fun part of hack and slash game like Diablo is mainly kill mobs, but for this game....it is not fun to kill mobs, because they are too annoying to kill.

Ok. Bliz you can nerf it, do it.
And you will know what damage happenes after that.
Seems you have learned nothing from AS nerving, thats funny.
04/19/2013 04:18 PMPosted by BLKDRGN
I have a love hate relationship with Wrath and Archon for that matter. This is a topic that I felt I should at least comment on since it's come up on many occasions. There is no fundamental flaw with having a 2 minute cooldown ability that transforms your character and is really powerful, the problem is when it becomes a forgone conclusion that these AWESOME abilities are up 100% of the time and instead of being excited that they are up you are annoyed when they fall off. We have talked about what if anything we want to do with these abilities in the long term. I will say we have no short term plans to change them but we don't like that they aren't fulfilling their original purpose which is to provide a really awesome button that mixes up the tempo of combat for a small window of time.

So you guys are planning on nerfing WOTB. Why can't you buff everyone else especially the DHs?
....because that doesn't even make sense. WOTB has nothing to do with the other classes, so because it's OP, lets buff the other classes? Wut.
04/19/2013 07:04 PMPosted by SuboXone

So you guys are planning on nerfing WOTB. Why can't you buff everyone else especially the DHs?
....because that doesn't even make sense. WOTB has nothing to do with the other classes, so because it's OP, lets buff the other classes? Wut.

Yea buff the other classes and make the actual content hard again. They nerfed the game into the ground then they go...WAIT lets nerf the classes now...they are all over the place they don't really have a plan.
NERF US.

We will still overcome and be the strongest class. We always have been...and we always will be.

Do your worst blizzard...new builds will rise...other classes will continue to cry...and we will still dominate.

Bring it.
04/19/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Nived
and how will this improve the classes that are BAD?

everyone can be equally bad!
NERF US.

We will still overcome and be the strongest class. We always have been...and we always will be.

Do your worst blizzard...new builds will rise...other classes will continue to cry...and we will still dominate.

Bring it.

nah, 1.00-1.02 days all I remember is boobarbian qq all day in here. u didn't over come sh!t, blizzard nerf the game to make u playable. so dont get cocky lol, as far as I remember dh r the one that get hit the most to ensure boobarian dominance.
Love that you seem to get it mr Travis Day.

There is no way to nerf these abilities with a patch, but there is a way through the expansion, where you can redesign/reitemize/recreate stuff to your heart's content.

To people thinking this would be a horrible change, it would be horrible if it wasn't followed up on. Right now there's a knot on the designers' hands with the way these (intended to be) short, powerful timers have pretty much been made permanent buffs with minimal effort required.

Pretty sure the D3 team can reinvent this game through the expansion and deliver a good experience that'd actually live up to Blizzard's and Diablo's reputations.
Not long now till my monk/dh becomes my main :D!
Did I miss a blue post where they actually announced a change? Or are all the barbs going nuts over a blue post saying "Any future change that we would consider making" and assuming a game ending nerf without know what or if a change is even coming.
Certainly not asking for a nerf to the barbs..... just wonder why all classes don't have skills that "refresh" or keep going like archon and WoTB

Yet to see a skill for DH or WD that just keep going and going and going like the energizer bunny skills other classes have with timer refreshes.
Quick fix:

make BBVD follow the WD and give the skill a built in kills increase duration by 1 second.

Give DH shadow form 20 sec duration on 2 minute cooldown...... make all runes increase duration by 1 second per kill. Increase discipline cost to compensate for longer duration (should probably be about ALL your disc which is no prob b/c you have a button to restore).

Fixed.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]