Diablo® III

Minimum Specs

Okay so I just had my computer wiped and rebooted and one of the first things I wanted to do was install D3 on my computer. So I have tried to re-install several times with no success. Each time I try it gets to the install screen then I get a message: Your OS doesn't meet the minimum specs for D3. This install will be canceled.
So I have had the game on my computer for about 10 months and sure my computer is not the best in the world and it is not the worst. There are other people playing the game with worse computers than myself, sure I had my share of game issues in D3 and computer ones as well don't most people. AND I DON'T SEE HOW MY COMPUTER SPECS COULD HAVE CHANGED, unless the game changed?
I already added a support ticket and worst of all I should have went with my gut and got a new computer instead of trying to get this one fixed. I had the trial version of D3 and then I upgraded when I had the money. I find it odd that I can't seem to find the trial addition offer.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Skunkleaf,

It's usually just a matter of updating the OS to the latest Service Pack, have you done that yet?
Reply Quote
I have done that as of today been working on it. I don't know why but there was an issue on my computer with the windows updates. It kept giving me the same update several times within a minute of saying that it was successfully updated. But I knew something wasn't right because I couldn't do some of the stuff that I wanted, like download D3, but could surf the web. I just think that others that may do a wipe and reboot need to know they most likely need to go to windows site and download the 2 service packs and have to do it in order pack 1 first and then pack 2. Because the person I paid to do the wipe and reboot didn't do it or tell me that it wasn't done and that I would need to do it myself.
Reply Quote
Same problem here. Had D3 installed a while back, took it off to reboot the PC and now it says it's below minimum specs. No windows updates available...

Any ideas?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Make sure you are on the latest Service Pack for your version of Windows - this may not be something that shows as an update, you may have to intentionally go download it. Also be sure your drivers are updated for your hardware.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]