Diablo® III

Whitespace trimming in [code]-tags

Hi guys,

Simple issue:
Whitespace in posts is getting trimmed. That means my 5 spaces before the number five in this sentence get trimmed to one space. Same applies to tabs and line breaks as far as I know.
While I don't quite get why this is necessary for normal posts content, it doesn't bother me.
But the same applies to [code ] tags. And that clearly collides with the purpose of those.
Usually, inside a code segment, you are supposed to preserve any kind of formatting and display text as-is, without further processing.
In the Diablo forums, it's more like a second [quote ]-tag, with a different font...
1 2 3

In the example above, the second line 2 should be in the same column as the first line 2 and the third line 3 should be same column as the first line 3. Also, the 2 should not be underlined, instead it should display the [u ][/u ] tags as text.
Also, it only shows spaces between columns, but I actually used tabs.

I can live with tags inside [code ] segements being interpreted instead of written out, but the whitespace trimming makes [code ] tags absolutely useless.
By the way, post preview doesn't trim whitespace. It's only once you submit the post that things go down the drain.
And when you look at the source of the post (by editing or quoting it), everything is still there. It just doesn't get displayed correctly.

Please fix, everyone who ever tried to post a table will thank you.

PS: I wasn't sure wether to post this in bugs or improvements. But since [code ] tags don't really work right now, I assume it's a bug rather then a feature.
Edited by apo#2677 on 4/15/2013 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How come this is working in the WoW forums but not in D3? (see for example http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9282218300 )

Common guys. Please fix.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]