Diablo® III

Itemization in p 1.08

I have read a few topics stating that this is no longer happening in 1.08. Does anyone know if this is true??
Reply Quote
Yes. Itemization is patch 1.09 or possible even patch 1.10
Reply Quote
No itemization in v1.0.8 and it was announced before co-op.
Blizzard will announce d4 and release d4 expansion before the game to.
Reply Quote
I would not hold my breath though, the changes will probably not happen in one patch.

My guess is, and that is just what I think, that we will see in 1.09 low lvl legendary items appear in inferno with the possibility to drop with lvl63 stats. Nice idea, but if it means that we have to go even trough MORE crap then now, then I would actually want rather an rework on already existing legendary items, like mempos, skorns etc. They really should not have such huge ranges from garbage to 5 billion gold. I dont care if it will destroy the market even more. It is already beyond repair. No reason to punish the usual player who doesnt flip items. If a Skorn or Mempo drops then it should have a a decent chance to be awesome.
Reply Quote
No itemization in v1.0.8 and it was announced before co-op.
Blizzard will announce d4 and release d4 expansion before the game to.

Just a reminder that this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xiWm0hGrm4 was shown before the game was released... In case anyone had forgotten : )

Seriously though why can't they release new items haha? I feel like they should make enough money, that they could have their own separate military... let alone be able to design a working item system before the next patch.

ButthurtQQ Wizard out! ; )
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/15/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Wizard
I have read a few topics stating that this is no longer happening in 1.08. Does anyone know if this is true??

We see a lot of discussion about when the itemization changes will be implemented into Diablo III, and I would like to help out with some clarification on the subject. The Developer Journal: Itemization blog (where these changes were mentioned by Travis Day) was written independently of any particular patch information, and we never mentioned an estimate on when we might see those changes. Currently we don't have any updates on when we might see them, but we'll be sure to let you all know as soon as we do.
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Grimiku

We see a lot of discussion about when the itemization changes will be implemented into Diablo III, and I would like to help out with some clarification on the subject. The [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013"]Developer Journal: Itemization [/url]blog (where these changes were mentioned by Travis Day) was written independently of any particular patch information, and we never mentioned an estimate on when we might see those changes. Currently we don't have any updates on when we might see them, but we'll be sure to let you all know as soon as we do.

In other words, maybe in about 10 months.
Reply Quote
Honestly that's kind of what I wanted to hear. If Blizzard is truly doing the itemization overhaul that this game deserves, it's going to take time.
Reply Quote
end of year
Reply Quote

We see a lot of discussion about when the itemization changes will be implemented into Diablo III, and I would like to help out with some clarification on the subject. The [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013"]Developer Journal: Itemization [/url]blog (where these changes were mentioned by Travis Day) was written independently of any particular patch information, and we never mentioned an estimate on when we might see those changes. Currently we don't have any updates on when we might see them, but we'll be sure to let you all know as soon as we do.

IOW: As soon as we lose 90% of our non-bot playerbase, we'll fix things. Maybe Q3 2014.
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 06:09 PMPosted by VinnyI82
Will this be an actual "Fix", or more band-aids?

If you read the blog it sounds like more band-aids.

Not much different than removing level 53-58 gear from inferno.
It will improve the quality of our drops without actually making your farming efforts feel meaningful.

It's still an improvement though so I look forward to it.
Reply Quote
I'm hoping itemization changes are in 1.09 or at latest 1.10.
Reply Quote

Its sad when you bypassing the LADDER option , similar to D2 but it can be way better , to introduce ITEM RESET in order to revive economy a bit...

Soooooo wrong .. Same happened with 1.0.4 it was enough to keep playerbase ... not really. You think another item tweaking will be enough with so excessive botting around? Maybe , if you make legendary drops so low as 0.001% but then who will keep playing ? Not me for sure.

I dont get why you totally avoiding a solid LADDER in D3 ? Is it console version? Is it because you just dont like it ? Can i get a blue respond to this ?
Reply Quote
Time to boot up some fallout 3 and wait for them to fix some items for gods sakes.
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 06:09 PMPosted by VinnyI82

Will this be an actual "Fix", or more band-aids?

Isn't that what the Blizzard "Fixes" are? is band-aids? They dont add new content. They turn on systems they've had turned off for beta and release, tweak some settings, and call it a patch.
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Azatis

Its sad when you bypassing the LADDER option , similar to D2 but it can be way better , to introduce ITEM RESET in order to revive economy a bit...

Soooooo wrong .. Same happened with 1.0.4 it was enough to keep playerbase ... not really. You think another item tweaking will be enough with so excessive botting around? Maybe , if you make legendary drops so low as 0.001% but then who will keep playing ? Not me for sure.

I dont get why you totally avoiding a solid LADDER in D3 ? Is it console version? Is it because you just dont like it ? Can i get a blue respond to this ?

I'm no blue, I'm just a player, but I don't like ladders since it completely devalues any time put into the game by resetting it.
Reply Quote
04/15/2013 06:45 PMPosted by GeminiEclips
I'm hoping itemization changes are in 1.09 or at latest 1.10.
After 1.0.9 comes 1.0.10, not 1.1 or 1.10
Reply Quote
We see a lot of discussion about when the itemization changes will be implemented into Diablo III, and I would like to help out with some clarification on the subject. The Developer Journal: Itemization blog (where these changes were mentioned by Travis Day) was written independently of any particular patch information, and we never mentioned an estimate on when we might see those changes. Currently we don't have any updates on when we might see them, but we'll be sure to let you all know as soon as we do.

Ok that means like 6 or 7 months. Thanks for being so clear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]