Diablo® III

error 53

I have been locked out of my account for more than two weeks. First messages claimed "Due to an unusual change in your access pattern, the Battle.net account ____ has been locked. This can be caused by logging in from a new location, but it may also signal an attempt to compromise your account."
Then, this very nasty message: **NOTICE OF LICENCE TERMINATION***
Offense: Use of Bots or Third-Party Automation Software
Blizzard Entertainment has terminated this Diablo III license after identifying the usage of bots or other cheat software.
These programs (commonly called cheats, bots, and hacks) automate certain aspects of gameplay, such as combat and inventory management, or provide unintended advantages and abilities to the player. This type of cheating undermines other players' experience and severely upsets the balance of the game environment."

This is completely absurd. I have never done anything of the sort. The (utterly erroneous) presumption of guilt is astounding, and extremely insulting.

Back and forth, then this again: "Due to an unusual change in your access pattern, the Battle.net account ______ has been locked. This can be caused by logging in from a new location, but it may also signal an attempt to compromise your account."

So password resets done, computer secured, all that (never was compromised to begin with). Then I get this: "the registered E-mail address associated to the Battle.net account, (_____), has been compromised. To protect your privacy and security we have temporarily disabled the Diablo III license associated with this Battle.net Account.

Before you attempt to recover your account, we suggest that you take the following steps listed in this Knowledge Base article to secure your e-mail address, system and your account: Recovery and Security Information - "

Set up a ticket, and the reply was to reset everything (AGAIN). Still cannot get in. The message that I now receive is: "This account has been suspended to to a violation of battle.net service policies. Please check with the account's registered email address for more information (Error 53)"

I am very frustrated. I don't even engage in multiplayer option. I am very frustrated at being treated like a criminal for no cause.
Reply Quote
well, I have to admit, after all this, it appears that things have finally been put right.
Thanks for the attention.
Reply Quote
Call customer service. Did you upgrade the cpu, graphics card, or something else?

Last year friend left his computer at my place while of town. I tried repeatedly to access my account on his computer without no prevail. Locked four times in a row. I went in on my computer and unlocked it via email / keycode reset.each time. I gave up.
Reply Quote
Same exact set of things has happened to me. I have been locked out of my D 3 account for a month now, and I have reset my pw several times, added an authentication and my phone number to the account, and still it is locked.

Error 53 needs to be checked with what Battle.NET says. My accounts are all active, but Diablo 3 is still not letting me in.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Error 53 as the OP reported means your account is suspended. The ONLY way to contest a ban or suspension is via ticket to Account Admin. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/how-to-appeal
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]