Diablo® III

Demon Hunter bug with shadow power + rapid fire

If you hit shadow power after you already began channeling rapid fire the life steal does not come into effect unless you move. You will not receive the bonuses from shadow power if you stand still.

This needs to be fixed. Uber and mp 10 builds will be highly affected and more people will complain about this bug once they start messing around with shadow power and rapid fire.

Also there is a lllllonnnnnnnnnnnggggggg time barbarian bug that has never been fixed. My barb on hardcore was killed by this bug and blizzard representatives never looked into it.

Anyone who has played a ww barb back before the monster power patch knows that if you have low fury and you cast ww and you are whirlwinding through some monsters you can easily be disconnected from the game. It is not as prevalent now because it is much easier to generate fury with higher mps but it still happens! This is bad for all rune of whirlwind especially the ones that don't generate fury back very easily. This bug that makes you disconnect also needs to be fixed.

If you would like I could easily demonstrate both bugs in game!
Reply Quote
Not so sure it's a bug though. It's just how channeling skills work.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Excalibur

Channeling implies that I stand still. are you saying that I would have to move in order to receive shadow power's bonus? Isn't that a bit contradictory?
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Mizzo

Channeling implies that I stand still. are you saying that I would have to move in order to receive shadow power's bonus? Isn't that a bit contradictory?

Cast Gloom before you start to channel rapid fire, then the effects of gloom will last for the whole duration. Casting gloom in the middle doesn't work due to how channeling works.
Reply Quote
seems to do the same with strafe
Reply Quote
This was something that people have been reporting since the release of Diablo 3

After all the months (soon 1 year!) of it not being addressed, I think you can safely say that this is a demon hunter "mechanic"
Reply Quote
This is how it has been since the game was released. The way it currently works is to our benefit, though. As others have stated if you start shadow power before you begin rapid fire, the affect of shadow power will persist as long as you channel the skill, even if you channel longer than 5s.

It is correct that the same applies to strafe, so you can strafe continuously with the life steal from shadow power up. If you get interrupted in any way: running out of hatred, vortex, frozen, jailer, etc. You will have to re-cast shadow power if it is not still up to gain its affect. If you get interrupted while the buff is still up, you can resume channelling without recasting shadow power.
Reply Quote
Ok so apparently this is a game mechanic but what about the barb ww disconnect glitch? That has to be fixed!
Reply Quote
Also applies to the 2 minute duration of Shuriken Cloud! Makes me kind of miss my tanking build.
Reply Quote
yeah as mentioned, use this to your advantage, pop gloom, start channeling, dont worry about gloom anymore until you stop channeling.
Reply Quote
It's called snapshot, affects all damaging duration skills that can be cast BEFORE shadow power or other effects are added, or vice versa.

I've heard that Steady Aim is snapshotted onto Rapid fire if channelling is started while monsters are outside of your 10yd radius.
Reply Quote
taking this effect into account

try arcane torrent-disruption or disintigrate with arcane dynamo buff, you will do insane damage until you stop casting
Reply Quote
Was just thinking.. since there is this "snapshot" feature with shadow power and Rapid Fire .. has anyone tried out Night Bane rune? It seems like it might be advantageous. I use Night Bane over gloom on mp < 8. It's great to keep the hate rolling. I don't use RF though.
Reply Quote
Was just thinking.. since there is this "snapshot" feature with shadow power and Rapid Fire .. has anyone tried out Night Bane rune? It seems like it might be advantageous. I use Night Bane over gloom on mp < 8. It's great to keep the hate rolling. I don't use RF though.

Doesn't work. I tried it with strafe. It's just the life steal. Also, the gloom effect of shadow power doesn't count either after the buff ends.
Reply Quote
but, blood moon works.
Reply Quote
04/26/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Phazy
but, blood moon works.

Blood Moon is gonna be the one you want.
Reply Quote

Doesn't work. I tried it with strafe. It's just the life steal. Also, the gloom effect of shadow power doesn't count either after the buff ends.

thats because it snapshots your stats and sees you have x% lifesteal. when you channel it will continue till the channel is done (the channel is counted as a single cast).

things like hatred and damage reduction do no affect your attacks and so something like rapid or strafe do not pick up on these. they then just drop off like normal.

04/26/2013 12:34 PMPosted by DoctorDoom
but, blood moon works.

Blood Moon is gonna be the one you want.

ya its the best to use if your set on doing lots of channeling since the lifesteal is greater.
Reply Quote
Why is it that SharpShooter's critical does not continue although it turned out that channel is one shot?
Reply Quote
04/26/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Phazy
Why is it that SharpShooter's critical does not continue although it turned out that channel is one shot?

Because Sharpshooter's critical goes away the second damage is registered, but any attack you FINISHED firing off prior to the first damage being registered will crit. If you fire off say a Spike trap, 2x Cluster Arrows, and Fan of Knives fast, they will all crit from SS.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 4/30/2013 9:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
bug or w/e this happens with spike trap too.. I see an elite.. I place 3 echoing blasts then I see them with the thorns effect for damage reflect so I quickly press shadow power right as the first explosion goes off but I end up dying with the next explosions with shadow power on..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]