Diablo® III

Adopt a Noob

Just an idea right, but I want to see what kind of interest there is from the community.

The idea is for active, experienced players to link up and help out new players to teach them how to build and play their character of choice.

Teachers would be players that are active, and well experienced in the class(es)/build(s) that they're willing to tutor new players in. Could specify additional details such as:
    Free or for a price
    Times available
    Assist in Hellfire
    1 or more noobs
    Level 60/power level a new character
    etc.

Noobs looking for assistance would be able to specify what they're looking for so they could be paired with an appropriate tutor.

Tutors and noobs alike could specify active times to assure smooth communication.

Specific details could be worked out later if enough interest is shown from the community.

Please leave feedback and if interested in the idea.
Reply Quote
Reserved.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Enremeit
The idea is for active, experienced players to link up and help out new players to teach them how to build and play their character of choice.

I just wonder, is the game actually difficult enough for this? It ain't SC2.
Reply Quote
Wouldn't "Adopt a Noob" be more like "Teaching them the value of items"? That's the hardest part of the game --- to know what item is worth what!
Reply Quote
This is IMO one of the best ideas I think I have heard on the forums in quite a while. Great idea OP.
Reply Quote
It's an interesting idea, but isn't it just shortcutting people through the one interesting part of the game, where you get to discover your way through the skills?
Reply Quote
noone is noob. just spend time doing research and experience the game. This is not real life so no need teacher, university and degree
Edited by SoulHunter#1898 on 4/18/2013 9:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This game isn't rocket science, anyone can try out what skills works best for their kind of play when they progress from normal to hell. No nannies needed in this simple made for casuals game.
Reply Quote
This is something I did in D2 as well. Most of my time was not with a single person though.

My thing, in D2, was to lurk the game names looking for people who needed help killing bosses (Izzy, Big D, Meph, Andy, Ancients, Baal, etc) Eventually, if we are able to do this in D3, I would LOVE to play even more helping people out.

This is a good idea for sure, and I give you props for mentioning it. I'm always down to help anyone that is in need, but holding someone's hand all through out is not for me.
Reply Quote
The definition of noob here would be someone who doesn't know the most efficient way to play (by play, I mean actually kill monsters and not the AH), skill synergies, how to gear up for different builds and other in-game intricacies and tips.

I, for one, support this idea
Reply Quote
I help new people all the time with advice, gear, gold or whatever. Have made some great friends along the way.
Reply Quote
The game isnt very hard at all. If the person did an hour of research heck 30 min he would no all the ins and outs of a character.
Reply Quote
Would this be for hardcore as well?
Reply Quote
I would like to adopt a noob. Once you graduate you will receive your diploma and college funds.
Reply Quote

who seriously reported the thread
also would be really nice of the community to do this
Edited by Neo#1863 on 4/18/2013 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have been doing this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568381511?page=1#11

So i ll sign up haha
Reply Quote
I'd sign up. I've had the game but didn't bother to play it as much.
I don't know why some people say the game sucks,to me honestly it's great, it may lack some aspects but It's something. I spent money on this so why "beach" about,it'd be my loss anyway...

If anyone wants to adopt a noob, I'm here :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]