Diablo® III

MannerCookie's Merciless Assault Build

Hey Guys,

I've recently introduced my new PVE build for how to farm Demonic Essences like a pro :)

Here's a link to the spec

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZcUXSR!ZYh!ZabYZY

And here's the youtube video that goes into much more detail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNaCnvgqJeY

Did 4x 1 hour runs @ MP5, didn't count elite counts for all runs but here are the vids.

Run #1 - http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/c/2127236 (didn't count elite kills, 39 essences)
Run #2 - http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/c/2127245 (didn't count elite kills, 39 essences)
Run #3 - http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/c/2127258 (didn't count elite kills, 30 essences)
Run #4 - http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/c/2127269 (151 elite kills, 32 essences)

edit: some correction were made on the video (4/6/13)
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 4/7/2013 9:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lol mp6
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 06:10 PMPosted by SuperJJ
lol mp6

lol?

although a bit slow on video

I can do runs @ mp6 in 3 minutes average time.

you want to show me how to do higher mps at 3 minutes average time?

my fastest time @ MP7 was 2:40 seconds
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 4/5/2013 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
no offence bro, but i was expecting to see some mp10 action, it was a let down since i only do mp10.
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 06:22 PMPosted by SuperJJ
no offence bro, but i was expecting to see some mp10 action, it was a let down since i only do mp10.

It's just not optimal to do MP10 sir.

the elites don't die fast enough with current gear in the game available to us.

the CC of the elite packs become too much of an issue beyond MP8, MP6 or MP7 with max'd out gear is what I found to be the most essences per hour.
Reply Quote
i do farm demonic essence on mp5 takes 5-8sec per elite and its pretty efficient than mp8-10 due to essence drop vs elite per sec. 2-7 essence per run vota > canon > alcarnus.
ill try this build and compare w/ my hybrid hota whirlwind
Reply Quote
i do farm demonic essence on mp5 takes 5-8sec per elite and its pretty efficient than mp8-10 due to essence drop vs elite per sec. 2-7 essence per run vota > canon > alcarnus.
ill try this build and compare w/ my hybrid hota whirlwind

Yes conventional builds elite kill times are similar but this build will be faster and on top of that will be moving through the map much faster.

leap is a must.
Reply Quote
Great build man!
Reply Quote
Its like when mp was first introduced, noobs just assume higher mp = better farming. People dont realise that the incremental bonus from raising MP is completely offset by the speed it takes to compensate. Note that this build was made specifically for farming essences (i.e. vault which is best essence farming currently). The movement spec in this build allows u to take advantage of the numerous choke points in the map by cutting off a couple seconds here and there which add up by the end. KNOW what ur objective is. If your objective is to farm essences (which is majority of ppl since farming legs sucks), than this is by far the most efficient and best build. I partnered up with manner to test/perfect this build and i can tell you, i have yet to find anything faster. SO before noobs start speaking up about not doing mp10, think about what ur objectives are. If ur objective is to just waste time while stroking your !@#$ and convincing urself ur the %^-* since u can do mp10 then obv, this is not the build for u. But if ur objective is to farm as many essences as efficiently as possible, theres no competition.
Reply Quote
Nice build, if you sold all your pve gear and don't feel like buying a life steal skorn you can just switch rend to blood lust rune and you're set.
Reply Quote
holy slow farming.

even at mp6 this was slow, point of farming essences is get the most in shortest about of time. I cant see how this build even comes close to farming speed of WW.

I can do vota run in about 5-8 minutes on mp10 with WW.

I can go do it on mp7 if you like just have to change a passive.
Edited by Storm#1662 on 4/6/2013 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
holy slow farming.

even at mp6 this was slow, point of farming essences is get the most in shortest about of time. I cant see how this build even comes close to farming speed of WW.

I can do mp6 average run time of 3 minutes.

care to do the math?

edit: just looked at your gear, no way you can do mp10 runs at average time of 6.5 minutes, please show me if you can O_O
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 4/6/2013 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its like when mp was first introduced, noobs just assume higher mp = better farming. People dont realise that the incremental bonus from raising MP is completely offset by the speed it takes to compensate. Note that this build was made specifically for farming essences (i.e. vault which is best essence farming currently). The movement spec in this build allows u to take advantage of the numerous choke points in the map by cutting off a couple seconds here and there which add up by the end. KNOW what ur objective is. If your objective is to farm essences (which is majority of ppl since farming legs sucks), than this is by far the most efficient and best build. I partnered up with manner to test/perfect this build and i can tell you, i have yet to find anything faster. SO before noobs start speaking up about not doing mp10, think about what ur objectives are. If ur objective is to just waste time while stroking your !@#$ and convincing urself ur the %^-* since u can do mp10 then obv, this is not the build for u. But if ur objective is to farm as many essences as efficiently as possible, theres no competition.

Act 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik9KrMQELeI&feature=youtu.be

Act 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxK5iUITGk&feature=youtu.be

^Me

Also, DAKKON:

Played a new spec today. I am impressed with the results. tDPS vs Elites of 3.42 mn (http://www.d3rawr.com/d-uE6z1) or 783k Paper DPS vs Elites. So far, this is faster than my build using WW / Rend or WW / HOTA.

*NEW* - WW build using Revenge: Best Served Cold
Video Link: VOTA MP10 (12.7 Secs Avg Elite Kill)
http://youtu.be/p3syaP8BJ0k

Timescale
0.33-0.45 (13 secs)
1.32-1.54 (2 packs 12.5 secs avg)
1.32-1.56 (2 packs 12.5 secs avg)
2.35-2.50 (15 secs)
3.18-3.40 (2 packs 11.5 secs avg)
3.18-3.40 (2 packs 11.5 secs avg)

Total Packs = 6
Total Time = 76 secs
Average time per pack = 12.7 secs

As there were 2 x 2 packs, this understates the overall kill times. Nevertheless, it is still very fast.

You have been shown....and these are MP10....
Reply Quote
holy slow farming.

I can do mp6 average run time of 3 minutes.

care to do the math?

edit: just looked at your gear, no way you can do mp10 runs at average time of 6.5 minutes, please show me if you can O_O

ok there is a video of it in other thread let me go get it for you.
Reply Quote
here u go run was 5.45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IRqh89Phuw&feature=youtu.be

i have over 2.4 million tdps and currently working on hitting my 2.8 breaking point and trying get over 3 million so I can do it in under 5 minutes but its expensive.
Edited by Storm#1662 on 4/6/2013 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I see nothing wrong with Manner's build? He's doing it quickly, efficiently, and without any trouble. The fact that it doesn't have Wrath and that he's not playing on MP10 is fine, but disappointing that people keep using MP10 as a measuring stick to gauge the size of their epeen.
Reply Quote
04/06/2013 01:35 PMPosted by acrimonious
I see nothing wrong with Manner's build? He's doing it quickly, efficiently, and without any trouble. The fact that it doesn't have Wrath and that he's not playing on MP10 is fine, but disappointing that people keep using MP10 as a measuring stick to gauge the size of their epeen.

It is a good build, it works great, and it's obvious that it is effective. The only thing I took issue with was the commenter in this topic saying there is NOTHING faster then what they have devised.....DAKKON has shown that is not true....it may take some great gear, but the argument can be made that there are some faster methods available.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 4/6/2013 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
here is one of the main reasons it just cant measure up to WW build.

WRATH.

Wrath is just so good for the main reason that affixes do not bother you while your in wrath. Frozen, nightmare, knockback....these are all affixes the will slow down your run and there are others. If you had a way to put wrath in your build I think it would be much better. Now im not saying your build is horrible I have not really looked at it just watched the video until your 1st elite pack where you got knocked back and thought to myself WW is faster and closed the video. Good luck though.
Reply Quote

It is a good build, it works great, and it's obvious that it is effective. The only thing I took issue with was the commenter in this topic saying there is NOTHING faster then what they have devised.....DAKKON has shown that is not true....it may take some great gear, but the argument can be made that there are some faster methods available.

basically this 100%.

if OP would of said cool new build that I find is very efficient I would of been like ok np. But when you make a claim that its the best ever for farming essences you should be prepared for challenges to that claim. And when your proven wrong you should man up to it.

and also like in my thread I made couple days ago I personally have gotten more essence drops in mp10 then I have in 7 and 8 over shorter amount of time. Maybe im just lucky but in my experience that hold true.
Edited by Storm#1662 on 4/6/2013 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's a nice build and I like how much mobility you've worked into it. I don't completely agree with using the smash rune for HotA. You would've likely been better off with thunderstrike IMHO. You are forced to chase the champion packs you encounter a few times, and usually end up hitting them one by one. Thunderstrike would've solved both of these problems by increasing the AoE and keeping them rooted, also dealing with cc issues.

I also question the choice of such a low MP like others here. You averaged around 7-8 seconds for rare elites, and close to double that for champion packs. You took around 3.5 minutes for 9 packs, and spent pretty close to half the time moving from pack to pack, despite having so much mobility worked into your build, showing that this is basically inevitable. MP9 would've increased your drop chance by 9%, and you'd probably be able to afford spending 15-20% longer per elite and still more than break even.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]