Diablo® III

Error 10017: Error when creating the game?

i am getting the same 2 errors and haven't been able to log on for hours
Reply Quote
I'm still having the issue with this error 10017 when trying to join my own game or a friends game. I thought this would've been fixed when this happened hours ago when I was kicked mid game earlier today.
Reply Quote
Error 10017
Reply Quote
i am able to use the PTR, but not the normal game servers

it's worth noting that i changed my banner while the game was otherwise not working and when I imported my account to the PTR, it displayed my old banner even though my new banner has been displaying all evening even when i log in and out of the game
Edited by Lethlora#1659 on 4/9/2013 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is so extremely upsetting. I entered a ticket but 24-48hrs seems like a long time to wait.
Reply Quote
tip for those who are reinstalling from a disc. DO NOT download game client from battlenet. Use the installer from the disc. If you already made the mistake of installing from the downloaded game client exit installer and delete the "Blizzard Entertainment" folder and the "Battle.net" folder from the "ProgramData" folder. These folders are hidden.
If you get a message in the installer window that there are 8gigs of data to be downloaded, you are doing it wrong. Hope this helps. I will do a final post if indeed the reinstall fixes the 10017 error.
Reply Quote
Reinstalling will NOT fix this issue, please don't waste your time.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 08:09 PMPosted by EZWinner
Reply Quote

confirmed. Reinstalling does not fix 10017 errors.
Reply Quote
How is Blizzard unaware of this problem?
Reply Quote
because they need to log in to your account first for proof (which takes 24-48 hours)
Edited by Lethlora#1659 on 4/9/2013 8:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well imma keep track of this thread, hope everything gets fixed soon
Reply Quote
from my support ticket (that coincidentally did not take 24 hours)

Greetings,

Thanks for contacting me about this issue you experienced, I’m so sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you !

In regards to your inquiry, the developers are aware of the situation you reported, and they are currently working on a solution. I'm afraid at this time I am not able to share an ETA for a fix, but the case of the issue is being researched so it can be resolved once and for all. Keep in mind that before a fix can be properly implemented, it must be tested rigorously to ensure it does not cause other unforeseen issues.

but i'm going to guess that a problem as convoluted as "certain accounts arbitrarily can't play the game" isn't going to be fixed any time soon so i'm not crossing my fingers for a fix sooner than tomorrow.
Edited by Lethlora#1659 on 4/9/2013 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The ticket/info I submitted I was told it was a latency issue... It's not if I can log in just fine, but unable to join or resume a game with the error 10017...
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Warrior
error 10017 for me, aswell. Seems this is a major issue that needs to be fixed. Frustrating to the highest degree.
Reply Quote
yes
Reply Quote
I hvae had the same issue for HOURS NOW. Why is Blizz treating this as an individual issue?
Reply Quote
evidently they aren't but angry people can't read
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]