Diablo® III

DiEoxidE & Flight's Step Video Tutorials!

does this still works?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRqFbhS9dic

lol
Reply Quote
does this still works?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRqFbhS9dic

lol

lol, ha.

Man, i wish I still had the option of removing my health potion and slotting another skill instead :(
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Should bump this until it gets to the 'popular topics' list. That way Blizzard may finally read it, and realize people actually like playing classes as ranged. If Blizzard misses the message before the next set of DH buffs, they'll probably just buff rapid fire and all the non-ranged abilities so we're melee class #5, LOL.

-----

On a side note DiE, you should either bold or underline links so they stand out more from the rest of the text. You can also delete the "&feature=youtu.be" at the end of each link since it isn't needed.
Reply Quote
Should bump this until it gets to the 'popular topics' list. That way Blizzard may finally read it, and realize people actually like playing classes as ranged. If Blizzard misses the message before the next set of DH buffs, they'll probably just buff rapid fire and all the non-ranged abilities so we're melee class #5, LOL.

-----

On a side note DiE, you should either bold or underline links so they stand out more from the rest of the text. You can also delete the "&feature=youtu.be" at the end of each link since it isn't needed.

Thanks. Will do :D
Reply Quote
I'll help with that bumpage. I watched these the other day and forgot to post, but excellent tutorial. I have tried playing with it a bit and see the potency, but man I need work to pull it off.

DiOxIdE, IDK how you do that man. I mean I do, but wow. I can't. FLIGHT's style is more how I can do it.
Reply Quote
Bump & Qns:

i've been having this relationship problem with multishot for sometime now: is there a teeney weeney cast delay for multishot which will mess up your Stepping routine?

i.e. when i am Stepping and firing multishot in between Steps, the Stepping Click seems to be "cancelling multishot animation before it even fire off"(due to the delay), thus when it fire off, the direction of fire is somewhere in between the direction you are facing before each Step, and the direct you intend to Step to.

Is this it or its fate that Multishot just hates me??
Reply Quote
I'll help with that bumpage. I watched these the other day and forgot to post, but excellent tutorial. I have tried playing with it a bit and see the potency, but man I need work to pull it off.

DiOxIdE, IDK how you do that man. I mean I do, but wow. I can't. FLIGHT's style is more how I can do it.

Thanks. When i first played this game, i started off "stepping" by using just left click only and actually clicking on the enemies to attack, while i watch my character suicide himself into mobs every other shot lol.

The conventional method is definitely the hardest to pick up and master. If i knew what i do now back at release, i'd probably go with the Mouse Only method.

i've been having this relationship problem with multishot for sometime now: is there a teeney weeney cast delay for multishot which will mess up your Stepping routine?

i.e. when i am Stepping and firing multishot in between Steps, the Stepping Click seems to be "cancelling multishot animation before it even fire off"(due to the delay), thus when it fire off, the direction of fire is somewhere in between the direction you are facing before each Step, and the direct you intend to Step to.

Is this it or its fate that Multishot just hates me??

I tried to replicate this in game in town, but I don't seem to have that issue. I believe what you're experiencing is latency as your clicks may not register when/where you want them. I usually have this problem when I'm recording as my lag shoots through the roof, so IMO I believe what you're experiencing is some rather bad luck with lag spikes while attempting to use multishot which in fact, probably hates you :P
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 4/26/2013 1:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the post DiEoxide! I have to try this.

By the way, quick question. Your dps is amazing, can you suggest any obvious gear choices I can make to help me out?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the post DiEoxide! I have to try this.

By the way, quick question. Your dps is amazing, can you suggest any obvious gear choices I can make to help me out?

Thanks.

There are many things you can do, but if i post it, it'll become a TLDR pretty quick lol. Feel free to add me in game (DiEoxidE#1987) and we can go over several options to find out which works best for you. Thanks!
Reply Quote
YAY .. nice thread..
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
This looks way less cool with a manti. (but works equally well)

This is useful for all dhs, not only kiters. For example while running towards the enemy even running through an enemy pack, often I end up behind them before they are all dead since I use Bola with ID. Saves a lot of time. It's also useful to constantly do during combat if if you play in melee or almost melee range. Makes it easier, especially in chaotic group runs, to avoid stuff that you haven't seen or that hasn't happened yet, like mortar, arcane and desecrator.

Not sure if this was already mentioned in the videos, was mostly looking at the techniques when I watched it. Some repetition doesn't hurt though :)
Edited by Josef#1907 on 5/3/2013 3:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yo sweet vid thanks
Reply Quote
Haven't even played my DH for a while now, but free bump.

If you're going play a DH might as well have fun instead of face tanking :P
Reply Quote
bump

this tactic is almost mandatory in hardcore, where i play like a glass cannon even though i stack defenses.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Nyan can dance too~

But I end up sitting :( what should I do!?
Reply Quote
Bump?

I'm still terrible at stepping in certain directions, mainly upwards but I do things a little bit differently from everyone else. If you click on my profile you'll see that both my mouse buttons are passive skills, left clicky is vault, right clicky is either smoke or shadow.

I have move binded to spacebar and my main attacks binded to S and D. I alternate between pressing D/S (primary attacks) and spacebar (move) while swinging my mouse back and forth across the screen. Simply, I do not click anything at all, the work is split between both hands. Swing mouse forth, tap keyboard, swing mouse back tap keyboard, and so on.

One advice I got from Blackvenom that has helped me hugely, is to slow down. Although Dieoxide did mention trying stepping at your attack speed, I often get flustered trying to do so and eventually I end up shooting where I want to step and stepping towards there the mob is -> suicide. So just breathe deep, relax and take it slowly. It also gives me time to plant traps or fire off alternate shots. Entangle -> Bola -> Traps/Bear/Multishot etc.
Reply Quote
haha nice vids man!

hungering arrow, u wont need to aim much at all!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]