Diablo® III

The Next Chapter: A Comprehensive Analysis

Some info I just read on PCgamer.com that stood out to me:

The tall and sinister Maltheal is still an angel at heart, which means he wants to rid the world of demons. Unfortunately, he considers humanity to be demonspawn, and lays waste to the city of Westmarch to raise an army from the dead. That’s where the new expansion will be set. It’s dark, gothic, and wreathed in fog. It feels like a conscious move back to the grimmer locales of Diablo 1 and 2. Blizzard promise that its environments and dungeons will feature more randomisation to encourage re-runs, and you can move in and out of its underground sections seamlessly. No more glowing yellow doorways and loading screens.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/21/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-announced/
Reply Quote
Wonderful, thanks for the link there. I've updated the post yet again with a few more tidbits of knowledge.
Reply Quote
"El'druin, the Sword of Justice, was a blade wielded by the Archangel Tyrael. By all accounts it was a unique weapon, capable of cutting through any foe or substance in existence. However, some believe that the blade's edge cannot pass through or harm any being of righteous intent."

I'm curious because it did pass through Malthael without harming him.
Reply Quote
"El'druin, the Sword of Justice, was a blade wielded by the Archangel Tyrael. By all accounts it was a unique weapon, capable of cutting through any foe or substance in existence. However, some believe that the blade's edge cannot pass through or harm any being of righteous intent."

I'm curious because it did pass through Malthael without harming him.
Indeed. This is a discussion all on its own.
Reply Quote
Chris: This may or may not be the best place to ask this question, but based on your forum entry, you seem to know a lot more about the Diablo universe's lore and canon than most. You certainly know more than me, which is why I wanted to ask if you knew who the canonical hero for this latest game (Diablo III) was. I've been unable to find anyone who knows, and I haven't read much or any of the books about the universe that might give me a clue, so I was wondering if you knew the answer or if there even is a definitive answer of which character is considered the "storyline" hero for Diablo III thus far. Sorry if this was the wrong place for this question, but thanks for your time!
Reply Quote
Boy, this post sure could use an update after the load of info from the Book of Tyrael..

I don't know if it's been explicitly stated anywhere yet, but the only logical conclusion is that the group of heroes consisted of a Witch Doctor, a Demon Hunter, a Wizard, a Barbarian, and a Monk. The genders of the heroes are a bit more hazy, but I can pretty confidently say that the Wiz was female, the DH was female, and the Barb was male. The Monk and WD were also both likely male.

In the Book of Tyrael, when Tyrael writes about the defeat of the Prime Evil, he always uses plurals such as "the heroes that defeated the Prime Evil" and whatnot. If DIII follows any consistency from the previous two games, the group of heroes would be one from each class. Besides, it wouldn't make any sense at all if Blizz decided that the canon heroes were the DH, the monk, and the WD, and decided to leave out the wiz and barb.
Reply Quote
Ahh, so the story goes that it was a group of heroes instead of just one, just like they did with the story from Diablo II? I guess that would make it consistent with what they did before. Thanks for sharing that info!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]