Diablo® III

Wheel of Misfortune?

Just started actively seeking this out in order to complete the achievement - question is: are the possibilities random, i.e., once I have completed a certain one is that same one as likely to appear as any other. I would assume so but would like to know how many hours I'm likely to be grinding on this if it presumably is. Currently @ 6/10 w/ no repeats to my recollection.
Reply Quote
You suspicion is correct, a particular event is just as likely to occur with any game. Not that all variations necessarily occur equally in relation to each other. For example the "fowl lair" and the hidden treasure seem to occur less in relation to the other variations. With an infinite series perhaps it is a normal distribution but I doubt I will be able to play an infinite set to test the theory : )
Reply Quote
don't run the entire map - just start at Zoltan Kulle Archives and run south east to see if it is in game. if not, quit are restart (it's alot faster that way). the bad part is that it's pure randomness - you may try pairing with a couple people and whomever finds it lets the rest join before activating the device.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys - & Lypher, this is exactly the route I have been using w/ decent success thus far. I usually check for the device then hunt for bashiok in the oasis so solo runs are easiest for now.
Reply Quote
There is a more efficient way than starting at Kulle

There is a checkpoint at the stop of the steps right at the beginning of the Sands. Run from there NE at a 45 degree angle deviating slightly to miss the center. Fastest way to hit both locations.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/I25VP.jpg
Reply Quote
Thanks for the photo, I had only been checking the northern-most area but this will definitely help. Was lucky enough to complete Bashanishu & kill my last champion yesterday so hopefully I can finish this one up today. Currently 8/10
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]