Diablo® III

Attack Speed

Does attack speed increase the attack rate of our dot spells, like, Manitou?
Reply Quote
View profile
No it doesn't. None of them. The cast animations to throw the spell are faster but the DoTs are at a fixed rate.

With Manitou the cast is fast anyway, so it is probably worthless for that spell.
Reply Quote
if u be an Dart Doc, Attack Speed would push ur Damage, on a Bear Spamming Doc u will go OOM very fast.
i thing Attack Speed is only good for non mana skills.
But a little bit is good in some situations.
Reply Quote
Nubtro, in the BatBarrage thread ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568377461?page=1 ) has completely smashed how I view the interaction between AS and DoTs. Still trying to wrap my head around it, but it highlights the fact that our DoTs may need a more critical eye looking over how they work. Stay tuned, I'm gonna try and convince the man to run through them all and give us the rundown.

In the meantime, skywalker has expressed it best. AS will get things happening faster, but the damage per tick is unaffected.
Edited by manvan#1853 on 4/7/2013 4:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
so would it be safe to say that i should get rid of my AS stuff and focus more on Crit chance/damage? Will this lessen my mana consumption?
Reply Quote

i thing Attack Speed is only good for non mana skills.

Though there are no "non-mana" skills. EVERYTHING consumes mana, or requres a skill before it that used mana to be activated.
Reply Quote
04/07/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Samsquanch
so would it be safe to say that i should get rid of my AS stuff and focus more on Crit chance/damage? Will this lessen my mana consumption?

Absolutely.
Reply Quote
awesome. thanks! I bet this is gonna help a lot!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]